Thread: intel or amd ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Incorrect on every level
    When I recommend $500 budget PCs, they're built around H61 boards and i3-2120s.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/362?vs=289

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    The i5 2500K and i5 3570K are currently the best "gaming" processors.
    "best" "gaming"

AMD 8core CPUs are utterly pointless, the Bulldozer was disappointing and all in all AMD has been going down the hill. That said they are fine and more then good for current age of gaming, but if you want true power (bes price / perf ratio does not exist anymore with AMD) go with 2500k as abpve quote has mentioned.

I am running amd 555 BE 5Ghz clock but normally just keep it down at 4.5
    -K

Deleted
    thnx for all ur replys but will the i5 easily run the adobe cs5 or should i go for the i7 bcause of the HT ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xZeddd View Post
    thnx for all ur replys but will the i5 easily run the adobe cs5 or should i go for the i7 bcause of the HT ?
    i5 is more than sufficient unless video editing is all you do on computer.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousJesus View Post
    Sorry but I find that highly unlikely and hard to believe.

Can you prove it with a SS, CPU-ID validated link, and such?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Having had two of those CPU's and worked on others there is no way you are getting 5ghz overclock they just don't go that far with air/water cooling. I would love for you to prove me wrong but i doubt it will happen.

With your budget OP the i5 2500k will do everything you need and more there really isnt any reason to buy an i7 or any of AMD's offerings.

Intel /close thread

The i5-2500k and most any of the i7 series has been the veritable end-all when it comes to gaming. Personally I have been running a i7-980x for a little over a year now with nothing but happy times, it's obviously heads and shoulders above the Core2 Duo in the last rig.

Intel is generally more powerful and more expensive; if it's for gaming though, get the i5 2500k or 3570k if you're rich, i7 is a waste of money for gaming purposes. Only reason to get i7 is if you're planning on editing some high def footage and rendering it at high speed.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Sorry but I find that highly unlikely and hard to believe.

Can you prove it with a SS, CPU-ID validated link, and such?
    Yeah, it's basically not true at all. Here's a thread where someone put up a 5ghz on an X2 555, and CPU-Z reports the voltage at 1.76. Something tells me 99% of people aren't going to be running at 5GHZ with that processor.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    its all about personal preference to be honest. when i was getting ready to build my first computer about a year and a half ago i was looking at an i5 sandy bridge and a phenom x4 955. back then the price difference was around $100. my friends in my guild said that there was nothing wrong with amd processors but in general the i5 was a bit more powerful. unfortunately they had recalled the sandy bridge just as i was about to order it and i didnt feel like waiting so i bought the 955.

overall i am extremely satisfied with my phenom, it runs cool and quiet and has been successfully runnin at 3.7 since i got it. with my gtx460 video card and 8 gigs of corsair ram i run all my current games on max settings without any issue. im currently playing swtor, world of tanks, diablo 3, gw2 (during beta), and did play WoW for a little bit when i first built it.

im no professional but everything ive read and researched points to intel being a tad better in overall performance so if your budget can handle it you may want to try intel. i like my amd machine and i think the next computer i build will probably also have an amd chip.

Deleted
    thanks again for all your sesponses but i think im going for an i5 2500k with ASUS ENGTX560 DCII/2DI/1GD5 grafics card, 8 gb corsair ram, 600w powersupply,ASUS P8H77-V LE this motherboard and also this lovely case : Sharkoon T9 Value red edition

greatings xZeddd

Quote Originally Posted by xZeddd View Post
    thanks again for all your sesponses but i think im going for an i5 2500k with ASUS ENGTX560 DCII/2DI/1GD5 grafics card, 8 gb corsair ram, 600w powersupply,ASUS P8H77-V LE this motherboard and also this lovely case : Sharkoon T9 Value red edition

greatings xZeddd
    The regular GTX 560 is a waste of money. It's essentially just a rebranded GTX 460 at overclocked speeds. If you need a card in that price range, get a 6870. More performance, lots of room for overclocking.

Or if you want the performance of a normal GTX 560, buy a GTX 460 for $130~ and just overclock it to 800Mhz. Poof! You now have a GTX 560!
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    its all about personal preference to be honest.
    it isnt about personal preference at all...its about stats and benchmarks. one does it better then the other.
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
    it isnt about personal preference at all...its about stats and benchmarks. one does it better then the other.
    In real life applications you probably won't care if the unrar took 1min 3s or 59s. You won't notice if the game runs 110fps or 100fps avg unless you log the fps. In GPU bound games the difference might be 1-3fps. Point being, personal preference can make up the gap in power.