Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Worst: Sorry, no contest on this one ME3. Massive universe full of hinted at possibilities for the ending, and they go with something completely out of left field, then give us an A, B, C choice factoring in nothing that we've done. Even with my high hopes for the DLC "expanding" the ending, I still seethe to think on the ending.
    After that probably Skyward Sword, though I'm a little biased there. Whatever land you want to call the setting of SS, it wasn't Hyrule and fails to so much as hint at how things change.
    Best: Portal 2. The perfect ending for the game. It suited everything in the damn game so damn perfectly.
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

i can't quite think of a best ending at the moment. I think one of the worst endings for me has got to be Halo 2. I literally threw my fucking controller at the wall over that one. So mad.

10+ Year Old Account
    My location is irrelevant to your interests
    I see a lot of people mention WoTLK, which is wierd because TBC had an even worse ending.

I'm not sure what is my favorite ending because I tend to get a burnout when playing long games and don't end up completing them for a long time... Skyward Sword had a pretty awesome ending though!

I was pretty dissapointed in the ending of Diablo 3, I wish they had made the last act longer and made a 5th act with killing you-know-who-if-you-completed-the-game, and not just save it for an expansion... :/

Wind Waker had an awesome ending aswell, Nintendo sure knows how to make good endings in general methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaInsane View Post
    I see a lot of people mention WoTLK, which is wierd because TBC had an even worse ending.
    The TBC ending was, "Ok, we killed Demons and saved the world. yay...". Not exactly the best, but nowhere near the worst ending of all time, especially for an MMORPG.

However, I feel the main reason people dislike the Wrath ending so much is because it could have been something spectacular. Not to mention that, thanks to WC3, we are actually somewhat invested in what happens to Arthas.

Things I disliked about the ending/Arthas in general:
    - The entire expansion is basically "send everyone to Northrend and even then we're probably fucked anyway because Arthas is so strong". And then a few guys and Tirion kill him. Awesome... Where were the faction leaders? Were were the armies at the gates? When you breach a castle, you don't send in your best 25 men. You send in fucking everyone. At the very least they could have had the armies/Faction Leaders holding off waves of Undead to buy you time to beat him.
    - His entire plan is "ill let you kill everyone so that... something. And then I'll kill you and then totally rule the universe!". His whole "trap" was to make us his minions to conquer the world, and yet it is explicitly stated that without a LK the scourge would conquer the world. Why didn't he fucking do that in the first place?
    - We destroyed his heart. We destroyed Arthas. All that remained should have been The Lich King. An evil, monstrous being bent on destruction. Instead, we get a bullshit "oh im so sorry" ending.

You know what would have been an awesome ending? You slay TLK, and his final words are, "(deep ominous laughter) With my death... Death... comes for you." And then you show a million fucking undead coming up from beneath the Citadel to fuck shit up. Then the "Heroes" run really fucking fast to an airship to get away from the Citadel before being overwhelmed. Then you can have armies still fighting the Undead, trying to "contain" the threat to the North. TLK is an actual Villain, as opposed to a fucking pansy-Prince. And Tirion can come in with his self-righteous bullshit, "The Lich King is dead, but the dead still come for us. We must band together, Horde and Alliance, HEROES OF AZEROTH! Only together can we save our lands blahblahblah".

The "oh he went mad" and "i was a villain but im dying so please forgive me" are the shittest endings ever.
    Last edited by saberon; 2012-05-28 at 07:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

10+ Year Old Account
    My location is irrelevant to your interests
    Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    The TBC ending was, "Ok, we killed Demons and saved the world. yay...". Not exactly the best, but nowhere near the worst ending of all time, especially for an MMORPG.

However, I feel the main reason people dislike the Wrath ending so much is because it could have been something spectacular. Not to mention that, thanks to WC3, we are actually somewhat invested in what happens to Arthas.

- The entire expansion is basically "send everyone to Northrend and even then we're probably fucked anyway because Arthas is so strong". And then a few guys and Tirion kill him. Awesome... Where were the faction leaders? Were were the armies at the gates? When you breach a castle, you don't send in your best 25 men. You send in fucking everyone. At the very least they could have had the armies/Faction Leaders holding off waves of Undead to buy you time to beat him.
    - His entire plan is "ill let you kill everyone so that... something. And then I'll kill you and then totally rule the universe!". His whole "trap" was to make us his minions to conquer the world, and yet it is explicitly stated that without a LK the scourge would conquer the world. Why didn't he fucking do that in the first place?
    - We destroyed his heart. We destroyed Arthas. All that remained should have been The Lich King. An evil, monstrous being bent on destruction. Instead, we get a bullshit "oh im so sorry" ending.

You know what would have been an awesome ending? You slay TLK, and his final words are, "(deep ominous laughter) With my death... Death... comes for you." And then you show a million fucking undead coming up from beneath the Citadel to fuck shit up. Then the "Heroes" run really fucking fast to an airship to get away from the Citadel before being overwhelmed. Then you can armies still fighting the Undead, trying to "contain" the threat to the North. TLK is an actual Villain, as opposed to a fucking pansy-Prince.
    Yeah I guess. I wasn't too into the ending of Wotlk either but people saying it was worse is a stretch. :P I think we shouldn't list MMORPGs here because they don't tend to have endings / they're not comparable to singleplayer games.

Yeah I guess. I wasn't too into the ending of Wotlk either but people saying it was worse is a stretch. :P I think we shouldn't list MMORPGs here because they don't tend to have endings / they're not comparable to singleplayer games.
    Yeah, MMO's struggle to have definite endings, which are usually what people rate highly. Anyway, before I went all ranty, the point I was trying to make was a definitive, villainous Arthas ending could have been mind-blowingly awesome. People see what could have been, and that is why they're so upset with what was.
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.

Worst ending? Oh... I actually have to think. Zone of the enders maybe, for Playstation 2, is at least a candidate. Depressing and anticlimatic.
    Fahrenheit had a weird ending.
    Borderlands had a huuuuge letdown aswell.
    Shadow of the colossus maybe, depressing there aswell and you feel like you did everything for nothing.
    Fallout New Vegas had a pretty shitty and anticlimatic ending aswell.

Best ending? Silent Hill 2. There were so many and some are serious while others are very lulz.
    Portal 2 also had an amazing ending. Really fit the game and gave you a insight on all the personalities in the game.
    Last edited by Necronium; 2012-05-28 at 08:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Seriously this. I'm a high-speed, low-drag, supah-healah. Doling out the feel-goods LIKE A BAWS, keeping everyone shiny, happy and cool. Staying on top of my game, even in a combat situati....THERE'S THAT DAMN GROUNDHOG AGAIN!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Worst.. though I love the game Diablo 1.. why did I shove this rock in my face!

Best: I forget what one but the prince of persia when you do 100% complete and choose the screw over the world for the girl.

Deleted

You know what would have been an awesome ending? You slay TLK, and his final words are, "(deep ominous laughter) With my death... Death... comes for you." And then you show a million fucking undead coming up from beneath the Citadel to fuck shit up. Then the "Heroes" run really fucking fast to an airship to get away from the Citadel before being overwhelmed. Then you can have armies still fighting the Undead, trying to "contain" the threat to the North. TLK is an actual Villain, as opposed to a fucking pansy-Prince. And Tirion can come in with his self-righteous bullshit, "The Lich King is dead, but the dead still come for us. We must band together, Horde and Alliance, HEROES OF AZEROTH! Only together can we save our lands blahblahblah".

The "oh he went mad" and "i was a villain but im dying so please forgive me" are the shittest endings ever.
    While I agree with most of your points, and the fact that the ending can be better, but it's far from the worst. Either people don't play that many games, expecting much better and got utterly disappointed or there's some kind of Wotlk vendetta for whatever reason.

Yeah but that's the thing, Wrath actually had sort of an *ending* at least for the Lich King/Arthas arc. It's also about personal taste.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, in my opinion -
    Best: (and I know I'll get some hate for this choice) Final Fantasy XIII (Absolutely love XIII and XIII-2, not just the story, I don't know what it is about them.)
    Worst: Borderlands or Cataclysm, both tied.
    Pastspirit <Ascension> 12/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel

Deleted
    one of the bests is starcraft, loved it

Deleted
    Best: Probably the endings in both Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne, those are the ones I can think of right now.

Worst: Cataclysm by a mile, terrible ending to an already terribely disapointing storyline. I still can't believe how bad Blizzard handled Deathwing in Cata, they completely scrabbed his cunning and manipulating personality and turned him into another ''hurr duh me destroy everything'' baddie with the name Deathwing attached to him. Ofc Blizzard didn't even feel like adding Deathwing into the ending cinematic, instead they just gave us preggo Aggra and ''let the mortals handel everything from here, AGAIN!''...

Worst .. ME3 by far

Best: I wanna say Metal Gear solid 4

I'm seeing a lot of "ME3 worst ending"... someone wanna spoil it for me? Why is it so bad?

Mass Effect 3 - worst one.
    Best, too many for me to list

Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    Worst.. though I love the game Diablo 1.. why did I shove this rock in my face!

Best: I forget what one but the prince of persia when you do 100% complete and choose the screw over the world for the girl.
    Glad someone remembers PoP

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Best: Red Alert 1 (you freaking kill STALIN!!!)

Worst: Hhhmmm.... Alan Wake had a confusing open ending, but was still okay

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm seeing a lot of "ME3 worst ending"... someone wanna spoil it for me? Why is it so bad?
    At the end of the game, you get a choice between three different endings, but the following cinematic isn't very fleshed out so you essentially get the same ending but with a different colour depending on which one you choose. The premise to the endings is also a bit strange (although I disagree with the many that say it doesn't make sense), not to mention the lack of closure. All you get to see is Joker and some of your squadmates walk out of a crashed Normandy on an unknown planet, and a post-credits sequence set far in the future where an old man tells stories about Shepard.

It's a weird ending and many people were let down, but personally I think it's very exaggerated. People had huge expectations and didn't get what they wanted, so they rage about how Bioware 'let them down' and 'owe them a better ending'.

Anyway,

Best: As someone said, Shadow Hearts:Covenant had wonderful ending. The very definition of bittersweet. Shadow of the Colossus is very powerful as well, though it made me sad.
    ME2 had a really epic ending in every way. If Bioware had concluded the series with something similar I would have been very satisfied.

Worst: Most expansion endings in WoW (I really think most of the writing in WoW is kind of horrible).
    Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best endings for me where MW 1, 2 and 3(mostly just for the last level not so much the cut scenes), ghost recon future soldier, GTA 4 and San Andreas.

Worst Halo 2, GTA 3 and Vice City.

Im sure I have more but I cant think of them atm.
    Last edited by Nuvuk; 2012-05-28 at 01:54 PM.