Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Mushroom - 3 of them, each on a different character, first time through normal...
    Shinbone - 4th character through the manor
    Liquid Rainbow - first time (but only one thus far) - wasn't even looking for it
    Gemstone - At least 10-15 tries.
    Plans - at least 7-10 tries
    Bell - uh, bought it when I had the rest of the stuff.

Haven't made the staff yet though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I took me about 9 hours to get everything together.

GOt mushroom on my first playthrough and threw it out as worthless junk, never to be seen again.

Deleted
    Mushroom - I got a few of them while lvling/farming inferno
    Shinbone - same as mushroom
    Liquid Rainbow - this one took most tries for, maybe an hour
    Gemstone - prbly took most time since I always found the cave in the last spawn but was pretty nice since got lots and lots of alt gear with getting 5 stacks magic find dirr mode so was a little fun.
    Plans - got it when clearing or was it when I helped a friend so first or second try
    Bell - bought it after I got everything else and had money for inferno version.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question here.

If you have the normal version of the staff, can you buy the inferno version without having to buy Nightmare > Hell > Inferno ?
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

10+ Year Old Account
    took 3 reloads for the mushroom
    2 for the shinbone
    wirts bell I already had the money for (Yay AH)
    3 resets to find the npc in the oasis for the rainbow
    1 reset to find the thundercats reject for the gibbering stone
    and got the plans on my first runthrough

---------- Post added 2012-05-27 at 07:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Question here.

If you have the normal version of the staff, can you buy the inferno version without having to buy Nightmare > Hell > Inferno ?
    no you have to have the previous difficulty level staff in order to make the one for the current difficulty

My Deviantart sig by Axa

Mushroom: 25 minutes around 10 tries
    Shinbone: 2nd try
    Rainbow: 1st try
    Gemstone: 1st try
    Plans: no attempts yet

These are active tries, where my only goal is to find the item. I have been to all of the places before on my first and only playthrough...but then I didn't know about any of these items.
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

About 15 mins with 4 people cycling games for the event spawns...we now have the inferno version of the staff...ponies hurt.

15+ Year Old Account
    Was wondering what the mushroom was about . Have had that in chest since the first time I went through there.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I finished gathering everything I needed to make the staff in just a tad over an hour. Wasn't too bad.

Probably took me an hour at most, only time consuming part for me was the Gibbering Gemstone
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Took me about 35 minutes to make the Inferno staff, the longest part was the gemstone.

The only item I had to go out of my way to farm for was the Liquid Rainbow, and that took a couple of hours. The rest I just got through regular play.

Currently got the Nightmare version of the staff, working on getting the gold for the Hell version. Then Inferno. So much gold...

i used a bit under 2 hours to get it all (i did have the gold to it before i started tho)
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213

10+ Year Old Account
    I overleveld it cause I was allready in NM and got the items on normal mode. Took me a long evening (5 hours or so?) getting the mats, and then an hour or 2 getting the final 50 k to craft the staff. I had enough to make it, but I didn't want to go below a certain amount, so I simply farmed the gold. In hindsight I should have just bought the staff and THEN farmed the gold back in the Pony level. Smart, I am not. :>

did it all in around 2 hours.

15+ Year Old Account
    Plans on first playthrough (and another one on Nightmare aswell)
    Got Rainbow+Mushroom when I wasn't really farming and just playing on Nightmare.
    Gemstone took around max 20 quest tries
    Bone took max 10 tries

I always wonder why it takes ppl so long to farm these things. Then i realize they are not level 60s farming it on normal mode. Yes ppl you only need the mats once on normal mode. The plans sell for 1g at a vendor usually in act3.

About 7 hours all said and done. I'm now at the nightmare staff. Should bought gear for hell rather than spend 200k to make that stupid thing again.

Mushroom: 1st Try (on accident)
    Shinbone: 3 times
    Rainbow: 6 times
    Gemstone: 25+ times
    Plans: 2 times