Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    If u wanna go ranged, then made a ranged class..easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    they need to fix blocking almost as not only does it have such a low % to happen but...
    all elites/bosses hit to hard for blocking 2k damg to matter.
    sure it's great against multi mob spam but multi mob spam is never an issue as they die quick to aoe as they got low hp to make up for the fact there is so many, some exceptions for "strong" "horde" elites,
    This is my perhaps only grief about playing my barb. Block value is static and not percentual, which makes it close to useless against bosses. Then again, bosses aren't the hard part of the game and with championpacks you can just pull some trash along to heal from and there's where static blockvalue shines.

Quote Originally Posted by BLSTMASTER View Post
    I dont think any game was truly able to balance melee vs ranged tbh, they just work too differently.

But to the point, the difference shouldn't be too big to make one side feel 'underpowered' as was the case for d3 in inf before the class nerfs. Not sure about after the nerf. DH/Wiz class seem to care a bit more about defensive stats now.
    They nerfed ALL classes, including meelee.
    Dodge and Self-heal were the only 2 viable builds for Monks (and dodge is chance, so that's not very viable still).
    Self-Heal got nerfed to the point of being dead and dodge chance has been decreased for a certain ability....thanks blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

As much as I agree with your premises, I should say -- the advantages of dual wielding and using two handers is technically slim to none in this game - the DPS gain is in the minutia relative to the gain that you take from using a shield.

The stat stacking in tank stats is ludicrous -- I blame the obscene ratio of damage output to health. It's simply more viable to slash the 30% from your damage output to cut the damage received by a further 50-60%.

One thing that absolutely needs to be done is that the life steal passive needs to be kicked up to at least 5% of damage done. Dual wielding damage output needs to be vastly more significant. The base stats on two handers have to be at a ratio of 2 to 1 compared to 1 handers - meaning double the + to strength, magic find, etcetera to serve through the replacement of the extra stats granted by a shield.

Vitality gives an extreme proportion of life to stat gained - I think it is too significant.

Quote Originally Posted by Konik View Post
    get 1000 all resist + good gear and you roflstomp as a barb

check kripp's stream and see for yourself
    ya its easy when they use chest exploits and get spoonfed gear. op was saying without bis gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RunItsTheFuz View Post
    (this coming from a monk who is getting crushed in act 2, rolling a DH alt so I can farm myself some gear to get through)

So you're saying it should be brutally hard for melee, so everyone roll a cheap class to gear up your difficult as hell melee to beat it?

I'm failing to see the logic here.

---------- Post added 2012-05-28 at 11:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Vortex, Waller, Jailer, Extra fast aren't counters to kiting?
    The problem is they also counter melee. Whereas all counter melee, only some counter range.

Vortex: If a melee needs to run out to get a quick heal off, they get sucked back in and destroyed.

Waller: If you get trapped into a large group of adds, you can't take that punishment long, you will get destroyed.

Jailer: Ranged mobs jailing you, and you have no way of attacking the other mobs. Invincible minion combos with this leave you helpless to attack the target you need to attack

Extra Fast: The same as the above. If you need a break from damage intake, you don't get it. Even less than ranged, because you are already close to them. You have NO gap in-between you and them.
    Last edited by 0oglitcho0; 2012-05-28 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0oglitcho0 View Post

I'm failing to see the logic here.

---------- Post added 2012-05-28 at 11:25 AM ----------

The problem is they also counter melee. Whereas all counter melee, only some counter range.
    This. lol. I love when I am in a group and the mortar mobs are all spread out chasing everyone. Even though I am a melee, the mortars are doing as much damage to me as they are the ranged classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersovic View Post
    This. lol. I love when I am in a group and the mortar mobs are all spread out chasing everyone. Even though I am a melee, the mortars are doing as much damage to me as they are the ranged classes.
    Exactly. It's unreal, honestly. I expected more from blizzard. I feel they gave us 5 options, but when you pull the veil off, they gave us 3.

Exactly. It's unreal, honestly. I expected more from blizzard. I feel they gave us 5 options, but when you pull the veil off, they gave us 3.
    Yeah, I suspect that Blizzard has to know that there is a major problem too. This is probably why they added 30% damage reduction to all melees right before the game went live. I suspect that this is also why Arenas weren't shipped at launch. As horrible as Melee seem now, imagine how horrible they will seem in the Arenas? lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I suspect that Blizzard has to know that there is a major problem too. This is probably why they added 30% damage reduction to all melees right before the game went live. I suspect that this is also why Arenas weren't shipped at launch. As horrible as Melee seem now, imagine how horrible they will seem in the Arenas? lol.
    I actually played a monk in arena at blizzcon. Wasn't as bad as you would think. Went up against a mixed team though, but a barbarian won our game.

I doubt I would last twelve seconds on my barb against any Demon Hunter's DPS.

right now the best way to go about progression in inferno is to farm ridiculous amounts of gold and buy high quality gear. farming act 1 inferno sucks big time, most rare drops arent even level 60 gear.

im starting to wonder if they made gearing for inferno such a pain just to benefit the RMAH.

I actually played a monk in arena at blizzcon. Wasn't as bad as you would think. Went up against a mixed team though, but a barbarian won our game.
    lol I just picture me getting shot by an invisible Demon Hunter for 60K and falling over dead. :-\

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellboyy View Post
    right now the best way to go about progression in inferno is to farm ridiculous amounts of gold and buy high quality gear. farming act 1 inferno sucks big time, most rare drops arent even level 60 gear.

im starting to wonder if they made gearing for inferno such a pain just to benefit the RMAH.
    There is probably more truth in that than you know.

Deleted
    Remember that Monks and Barbs already takes 30% less dmg overall, compared to DH, Wizard and the WD. So bascially, they are trying to balance that way.. Keep in mind, that this is Diablo, and nothing should be balanced like e.g. WoW. As Blizzard has been saying for a long time now, is that Diablo is a singleplayer game, not multiplayer

Best regards,
    Selonthyx

Deleted
    There is probably more truth in that than you know.
    It's no secret. Hell, Bashiok just made a post how the implementation of the AHs affect item drop rates. Only thing worse than tin foil hat theories is a tin foil theory stating a known fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Selonthyx View Post
    Remember that Monks and Barbs already takes 30% less dmg overall, compared to DH, Wizard and the WD. So bascially, they are trying to balance that way.. Keep in mind, that this is Diablo, and nothing should be balanced like e.g. WoW. As Blizzard has been saying for a long time now, is that Diablo is a singleplayer game, not multiplayer

Best regards,
    Selonthyx
    Except that's wrong. They eventually want to add arena, so that means they will have to balance things accordingly. Also it's not a singleplayer game, it's a multiplayer game that you can play solo. Unless they add an offline mode ( and that's very unlikely ) then it will be considered a singleplayer game.

I can't stand playing a ranged class tbh, constantly having to run away from mobs kinda feels like an extra unnecessary and unpleasant mechanic. Monk ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    It's no secret. Hell, Bashiok just made a post how the implementation of the AHs affect item drop rates. Only thing worse than tin foil hat theories is a tin foil theory stating a known fact.
    it might not be a secret but its not compelling gameplay. only thing stopping us from completing inferno right now is the lack of a giant wad of cash.

come RMAH, u can hit 60, go on a shopping spree and finish up inferno the next day. of course you don't have to do that if you don't want to but the only painful alternative is hours and hours of grinding for gold and gear, this is not fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellboyy View Post
    it might not be a secret but its not compelling gameplay. only thing stopping us from completing inferno right now is a giant wad of cash.
    well said.