10+ Year Old Account

Heroic Trial of the Champion: Soloable?

So I'm trying to farm heroic Trial of the Champion (the 5-man dungeon associated with Argent tournament) for some transmog pieces. Problem is, I don't think the first phase (faction champs) can be soloed because of the mounted combat phase. There's no way I can solo all three champions at once with one mount because the mounts don't scale with gear level (your mount is 50k HP always while the champs are 315k apiece) and swapping to a new mount mid-fight causes the entire thing to reset - the only time I've been able to successfully change to a fresh mount is between each wave of trash. If I swap in the middle of a fight everyone immediately despawns and I have to start from the beginning.

Soloing it on foot also doesn't seem possible due to the trample mechanic - anytime a mounted opponent gets anywhere near you, you're knocked down and stunned for a significant amount of time. Am I going to have to bribe a guildy into helping me do this? It's really frustrating that it seemingly can't be soloed.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    I have solod it- essentially, you have to get a new mount before you get dismounted, and it will take a long time (took me about 30 mins)

Its a faster way to get tokens then not doing it, but very frustrating, especially as it doesnt even give you anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've solo'd it however as the user above me has stated, It takes a awhile and most of the time isn't worth it. I'd go with a guildie personally

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    I have solod it- essentially, you have to get a new mount before you get dismounted, and it will take a long time (took me about 30 mins)

Its a faster way to get tokens then not doing it, but very frustrating, especially as it doesnt even give you anything.
    Well, I hot-swapped mounts while I was fighting the champions and they instantly despawned while I was in midair, hopping from my almost dead pup to a fresh one. Do I need to let them kill my mount before I swap to a new one?

Maybe I should just buy 30 minutes of a guildy's time...
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seemed to much hassle to be worthwhile to solo, I 2-man it with a guildee pretty comfortably. I'm sure theres enough people out there collecting tokens to make it easy to get a quick group.

Deleted
    grab a bud and make him/her help you.
    Last edited by mmoca9bf05c4ed; 2012-05-28 at 10:02 AM. Reason: or her could be a she ofc...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    it's too much of a pain in the ass to slolo it imho. As others said, alot quicker to bribe someone to come help you with the mounted part atleast Atleast thats what i do :P
    And while im here, anyone know if the ToC raid gives Champion's Seals?

Its like with chess in Karazhan. You can do it solo, but why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Soloable, used to do it everyday for tokens with the gf until I decided to do it myself. The only hard part about it is the fact that you have to joust with three npc's at once and keep getting a new mount every 20sec+ or so and it takes quite awhile so I would suggest doing it with a friend if you're impatient. Also knock them off in the middle and keep them there so they take awhile to walk back to the stable area to get a mount. Also, DO NOT try to take them on without a jousting mount, the knockdowns are insane and you'll just die, even with my gf (priest healer) I still died from the insane amount of knockdowns and they would sometimes run over to her and knockdown too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Soloable, used to do it everyday for tokens with the gf until I decided to do it myself. The only hard part about it is the fact that you have to joust with three npc's at once and keep getting a new mount every 20sec+ or so and it takes quite awhile so I would suggest doing it with a friend if you're impatient. Also knock them off in the middle and keep them there so they take awhile to walk back to the stable area to get a mount. Also, DO NOT try to take them on without a jousting mount, the knockdowns are insane and you'll just die, even with my gf (priest healer) I still died from the insane amount of knockdowns and they would sometimes run over to her and knockdown too.
    How did you prevent them from despawning when you swapped mounts when you were solo? Every time I swapped to a fresh mount all NPCs despawned immediately while I was in midair and I had to start over from scratch.

Killing them on foot would take forever even if the damage wasn't a problem - all three NPCs would have 90% damage reduction. No thanks.

Deleted
    Possible I suppose but very annoying. What I did was have a friend be on horseback to weaken them (take out shields essentially), while I ran around unmounted and blew them up once shields were down (won't work as melee though, you'll get trampled).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I was able to solo it earlier today... took a long time though (about 15+ minutes heroic, about 10 on normal.) The trash adds reset if you remount mid-fight, but the heroes just stick around and evade bug for a second or two. Sometimes you can get some weird bugs, but it still functioned normally.

Still an enormous pain in the ass, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just get a guildy or two IMO, it'll go way faster than trying to solo that crap..

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Well, I hot-swapped mounts while I was fighting the champions and they instantly despawned while I was in midair, hopping from my almost dead pup to a fresh one. Do I need to let them kill my mount before I swap to a new one?

Maybe I should just buy 30 minutes of a guildy's time...
    Hmmmm... I tried it and didn't have that issue. I could hop from a nearly dead mount straight onto a new mount.
    I gave it up as a bad job about 20 mins in. I'd killed one of them, was about halfway down on the other and just thought: Screw this. Not worth it.
    I'd say you're better off just convincing a guildie to go with you

Edit for clarity: On the bosses I mean. The trash jousters were simple and didn't need to switch mounts for them.
    Last edited by Kerath; 2012-05-31 at 01:48 PM.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Is it soloable? Yes. Will it take you a really long time and some practice to successfully solo kill it? You bet. Is it a better use of your time to just find a guildy or 2 to help you clear the place in 10 minutes? Your choice, but you can probably guess what my opinion is.

I've been farming for the Argent mounts and pets as well, but all things considered, the dungeon is inefficient as hell and I'd rather just wait an extra 2-3 days between buying new mounts. If someone's around who will help, sure, go knock it out, get your 3 extra seals and enjoy. Otherwise, 30-40+ minutes of trying to solo this thing for those 3 seals just isn't worth it to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have done it, it is possible, but it takes forever and is a huge headache. Just bug a friend for a few minutes to come help.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

It is horrible to solo due to the first boss. I want some transmog gear from that place for my DK. Get a friend or guildie to help out to make it less painful.