To All GTX 460/560 (and the 57 variations of it) Owners

Latest WHQL drivers seem to have fixed the Flash pink screen of death issue for many users, including myself. It's finally safe to update and use flash, hooray!

Ran a muted 10 hour youtube video all last night with no issue.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    Hmmm, i dropped down to 295.73

I had random crash issues in BF3 and stuff like that. Havent checked to see if this driver works properly, but if it does im not updating anytime soon.....

Cant say i had those pink flashy issues

Deleted
    Nice ...funny enough i have ran the older drivers for around 6 months with no problem at all until about 1 hour ago. Watching a movie with my other half and BAM screen went pink.
    Will get the new drivers asap thx

Quote Originally Posted by Stravs View Post
    Nice ...funny enough i have ran the older drivers for around 6 months with no problem at all until about 1 hour ago. Watching a movie with my other half and BAM screen went pink.
    Will get the new drivers asap thx
    Still haven't had that problem with either pc. (one with a 460/another with a 560). Nice to know how to fix it when/if it does occur though.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...There was a pink screen of death? Didn't keep aware enough to know of that and no problems with the latest since updated either...

Then again... I hadn't been gaming all that much this week... Mostly work, but I do watch alot of stuff on youtube... anyway no interruptions oddly. I'm usually a magnet for this crap so I'm rather surprise.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Im sorry but Nvidia issues make me smile, all to often we hear the moaning of hate on AMD from long time Nvidia fan boys about having an issue w/ radeon products. I personally had a 460 hawk and never had any problems but my 9800 and older had driver issues always, had some hiccups w. the 6950 but nothing major. Kind of puts everything into perspective imo GPU drivers suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    ...There was a pink screen of death? Didn't keep aware enough to know of that and no problems with the latest since updated either...

Then again... I hadn't been gaming all that much this week... Mostly work, but I do watch alot of stuff on youtube... anyway no interruptions oddly. I'm usually a magnet for this crap so I'm rather surprise.
    As far as most could gather, it was a widespread manufacturing defect that only affected half (totally pulling that number out of my ass) of their cards, but never showed itself until 5 months ago when newly released drivers started randomly dropping card voltage while flash was active.
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    As far as most could gather, it was a widespread manufacturing defect that only affected half (totally pulling that number out of my ass) of their cards, but never showed itself until 5 months ago when newly released drivers started randomly dropping card voltage while flash was active.
    Forcing constant voltage (through say MSI AB) wouldn't have solved it since long ago then?

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Forcing constant voltage (through say MSI AB) wouldn't have solved it since long ago then?
    That's what I did when I knew I was going to be browsing youtube or whatever, then I'd set it back to auto. I wasn't a fan of sacrificing my low idle temps. :P

build pics

been using latest beta drivers so far no pink screen. It was a relief to know that it is only a driver problem, because i actually was thinking to RMA it.

Quote Originally Posted by anb View Post
    been using latest beta drivers so far no pink screen. It was a relief to know that it is only a driver problem, because i actually was thinking to RMA it.
    Thing is that is not a true driver issue, it is a defect in cards that was noticed when new drivers released. I do however usually send in my items b4 the warranty expires and get a brand spanking new one.

if it's a defect can you explain more about it? or at least give us a link

I had issues with my FPS tanking when I installed 301.42, which required me to restart my computer to fix. Had to revert back to 296.1. Normally I would expect it was just an issue with the installation, but someone else I know has experienced the exact same issue.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't believe I've ever had this issue. O_o

I do find that 301.42 is an excellent driver, however, and Skyrim was running even smoother yesterday.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water