Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mothers don't we all hate them?

So I've been blessed with one of these idiotic mothers that are just fucked up in their minds. I hate my mother she always think she knows best and that what is best for me.

Thank god my dad made it possible for me to move away when I hitted 18 so I wouldnt have to be her pet for the rest of my life.

Now I got my own life and I think I am never ever fucking ever going to see my mother ever again if I have to.

thing is my granddad passed away and theres going to be a funeral and I dont want to go because I know she is going to be there... what should i do?

i seriouslt despise my mother but I dont want to hurt my dads feelings...

So go to the funeral and ignore your mother while you're there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Expect a lot of "It's family bro!! DONT DISRESPECT FAMS" replies to this. Just a heads up.

Anyway, my personal advice is to go for your grandfather and for yourself. Fuck everyone else. The funeral is a service of loving memory. You'd be there to honor him and because you know it's right, not to prevent drama. Just gotta man up and do what's right.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Expect a lot of "It's family bro!! DONT DISRESPECT FAMS" replies to this. Just a heads up.

Anyway, my personal advice is to go for your grandfather and for yourself. Fuck everyone else. The funeral is a service of loving memory. You'd be there to honor him and because you know it's right, not to prevent drama. Just gotta man up and do what's right.
    Well, yeah. You go because you care more for your grandfather more than you dislike your mother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do the mature thing, attend the funeral.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I'd say the importance of paying your final respects to your grandfather supersedes the importance of not seeing your mother.

Ignore her and go to the funeral.

Deleted
    My mom gave me the oportunity to go out and expierence and learn in life, something i couldnt at my dad (wich i dont have contact with)
    She also prepaired so much that when she died of euthanasia (after cancer) that i didnt get shitloads of paperwork to do...

so no we dont al hate our mother

Also just go to the funeral... you ar not there for your mother... but for your grandad
    Last edited by mmocc8a4e91472; 2012-05-29 at 01:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a non-issue, if you care / respect your grandfather. Suck it up and go to the funeral. Part of being an adult is sharing space with people you don't necessarily enjoy the company of and remaining civil. If she tries to engage you, politely disengage and do not make a scene.

Be a man and realize it is not all about you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    "Sir, you'll have to move, you are blocking the fire exit."
    "Excuse me, but if you have legs and are flammable, you are NEVER blocking a fire exit." I'd run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhias View Post
    Actually, the deluge has been very enlightening to me. Lesson of the week is to not go out of your way to treat people with respect because there is a 90% chance they are narcissistic douchebags.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^^^. Go because of your grandfather, dont not go because of your mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrotan View Post
    This. Also, realize that if you "seriously despise" your mother, you still have unresolved feelings. If you truly didn't care, you wouldn't care. Resolve those feelings so you can move on without the anger.

Before anyone tries to take the high road and say "dude it's your mother, she brought you into this world, you're an asshole" take a second and realize that not everyone has the luxury of having a mother that can love with respecting the fact that her child was cut off from her cord. There's plenty of unfit mothers out there who think loving their child is the meaning of their entire life. You've been suffocated under your mothers love and it's done anything but make the love mutual it seems. Now I'm no therapist, and I'll never claim to be one, but I had a relative that acted this way with her children, 2 of her children left when they become of age, the other left before he was even 16. Leaving their mother was the best choice they made, but she's constantly having nervous breakdowns which one could argue would have happened with or without children.

I recommend going to the funeral, spend the appropriate amount of time there, just for your fathers sake. If your mother tries to coax you back into her life, don't cause a scene in front of your family but as soon as you leave the funeral make sure you don't come across her again. You sound like you're much happier without her in your life, keep it that way until you're ready to talk to your mother.

Also, the thread title, it's pretty insulting to those who love their mothers.
    Last edited by Rushro; 2012-05-29 at 01:24 AM.

Go because he might need the support, not because of your relationship with the mother
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    You have such a terrible mother trying to make your life good. Stinking terrible mothers!

---------- Post added 2012-05-28 at 09:22 PM ----------

And to reply to the title of your thread, I love my mother. She is probably the best person I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrotan View Post
    Pretty much this.

I on the other hand hate my father's guts. As with you I would prefer never to see or hear from him again.
    I love my mother.

Does this mean I'll refuse to go to a respected relative's funeral just because my old man's going to turn up?
    No. As someone else said, part of growing up is learning to be civil even to people you do not fancy.
    Last edited by Syio; 2012-05-29 at 01:29 AM.

Really?! What did she do? D: I could never imagine hating my mother... I mean of course I'd get mad at her when I'd get grounded or whatever but wow... I never had the perfect childhood and I know my mom has made a lot of mistakes but at the same time I realize she, along with the rest of my family, are the only ones that will truly love me unconditionally. Now this makes me scared because I'm currently pregnant and would never want my child to hate me. :< Srsly very curious as to why any child would hate their parents besides emotional/physical abuse.

As for the funeral just go for it. What's the worst she can do?

I get that you might have had bad experiences with your mother... but answering your title question: NO, not all of us hate our mothers.-

To reply to the title of this thread, despite her many faults and mistakes she's made I still love my mum :3

As to your situation, I think you should attend the funeral for yourself and for your grandfather.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it wasnt for your so called "idiotic mother" your bratty little ass wouldnt exist. Quit ragin like a spoiled little brat and be a man for once in ur life.

Your gonna feel pretty bad one day when she is gone, then we will see how much you "hate your mom".

10+ Year Old Account
    when your mother dies, you'll probably understand what you have done by hating her.
    I don't live with my parents and I don't like visiting them but that's not coz I hate them, it's because they live in such a shithole so far away from me - no internet, no luxuries of living in a city.
    lowskill Engrish