Unhappy Laptop crashes when playing WOW

Hello

It is just recently that my laptop has started crashing while I am playing Wow, it just turns off randomly. In very rare cases it had happened before and I think that the reason in the past was overheating, but now I have ventilator under the laptop and it is also slightly raised to reduce overheating. What can I do to find out what is the cause of this. It only happens when I play wow - sometimes under 15-20 minutes, sometimes after couple of minutes (usually when I log on right after crash).

Any advice?

Thanks

Did you clean the laptop from dust or did you just add the cooling mat? It could be that it is still overheating due to dust build up. I would go get a can of compressed air from walmart/officemax and clean the laptop, see if that helps. You can also download a temperature monitoring software for free, Real Temp, here.

So see if a good ol fashioned cleaning helps
    My new baby
    CPU: i5-3570k @4.1 Cooler: H-100 MoBo: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 RAM: 16Gig Mushkin Blackline 1600 SSD: Crucial M4 128 HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB GPU: MSI 7950 OC @ 925/1375 Case: CM Storm Trooper PSU: Seasonic X650 Gold

Check temperatures with something like HWinfo while playing games and see how warm it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by olawi View Post
    Hello

It is just recently that my laptop has started crashing while I am playing Wow, it just turns off randomly. In very rare cases it had happened before and I think that the reason in the past was overheating, but now I have ventilator under the laptop and it is also slightly raised to reduce overheating. What can I do to find out what is the cause of this. It only happens when I play wow - sometimes under 15-20 minutes, sometimes after couple of minutes (usually when I log on right after crash).

Any advice?

Thanks
    Yeah, gotta clean that thing out. I bet your fans are pretty loaded with gunk get some qtips and wipe them out.