A question about blood vessels.

Hello,

A few days ago, Thursday night to be specific (~3am), I threw up, it was a very "Dry heave" and I went upstairs and saw myself in the mirror later and saw red dots everywhere!!! Mostly around my eyes, but still all over my forehead. I went to bed thinking it was just something that would go away quickly. To my dismay, when I woke up, I saw them still! So, I looked it up and apparently they are popped blood vessels on my face from the pressure of a dry heave.

Now is it a few days later (Tuesday morning to be exact) when I live, and the dots still have not completely dissipated, there are still a few under my eyes and around my eyes, it is without a doubt better than it was, but I was wondering if this has ever happened to anyone, and if so, how long did it take to go away?

Thanks

Deleted
    I wouldn't seek medical advice from an internet forum that is riddled with trolls and fools who think they have a PhD in Medicine. Go see your local GP / Doctor.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I suggest you find a Doctor OP, Asking us isn't a very good idea :P

I don't really think it's a problem that requires me to go to a doctor considering that it is already fading and also there is no pain or itching or anything along those lines, I mean apparently its pretty common and I was jw if it has happened to anyone here and if so, how long it has taken for it to completely go away for them.
    Last edited by Packers; 2012-05-29 at 04:40 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally if I was you, I'd get a check up at least. You would be surprised of how many people die simply because they didn't want to go to the doctor =)

Deleted
    When I google "red dots in face throwup" in my language, it gives me 1000 answers that this happens to a lot of people.

Never popped em in my face, but i popped a blood vessel in my eyeball once while vomiting. Eye turned blood red for a few days, but eventually went away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sneezes are pretty violent and can mess you up. Some people feel pain in their arm from sneezing. After I got into my car accident, sneezing could be hell or a blessing because I would pop my back when I sneezed or sneeze the wrong way and have it hurt like hell. I work around people who bruise easily because of their medication, I would give more than a week to clear up, but you should really see a doctor if you have any concerns.

Could be a sign of high blood pressure which is not healthy. Broken blood vessels can be caused from sneezes, vomiting or simply going to the bathroom. A common occurrence for mothers is during child birth from all that pushing. In any case, a checkup is in order because the dry heaves were from some ailment and you can have your blood pressure checked then too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely a problem with your platelets or clotting factor, in that situation. Typically things like that can happen with a long term lack of vitamin K and other vitamins. It likely isn't anything to worry about, but it would probably be advisable to go see your doctor.