Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    It works for Athene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0583c...DzA2jdH53vSIuA

Inferno diablo killed in about two and a half minutes. He tanks the DoT with lifesteal/life on hit.

Btw, while several ground effects will damage you through Smokescreen, they will not kill you. You won't ever be reduced below 1 hp while Smokescreen is up.
    That's obvious, but you do realize debuffs persist through smokescreen and there is a delay between smokescreens so you WILL die. Also you're lack of knowledge is evident if you think life steal works in inferno, 20% of 3% dmg-to-life (TOPS) is nothing. It's like 720 on a crit(based on athenes average crit, don't forget he's wearing crit dmg gear too so it's not that much on noncrits).

It's also not something you will always be able to do. I could eventually make a video of me killing diablo without moving and just dodging everything, it would take time but if I can get my dmg high enough it's theoretically possible. On the flip side I could eventually make a video of me killing diablo without having to move at all and live through everything. While the latter is easily repeatable with gear the former is not and that is why videos are not good enough. Show me a video of you doing what he did, even with gear it will take more than one attempt.

You also said to just go for pure damage but now are saying you need life on hit to live. Which is a survival stat, basically you have no idea what you're talking about and can't be arsed to do the math for yourself or make an educated decision.

What I said will happen, it's inevitable. You can bookmark this page and come back 2 months after pvp and see who's right, just like all the people that said I didn't know what I was talking about with inferno and diablo's short campaign. It's really easy to piece together an accurate scenario when you base it tidbits of factual info, history and human nature. (Such as impatient, instant gratification seekers who always take the easiest route first and then correct their mistake. Afterwards they scoff at others for doing the same thing at a slower pace. On the bright side at least we're resourceful)

Sorry, but dying repeatedly is not fun for anyone. Though it is worth it to people looking to complete a game as fast as possible.(even I am in this group, I was in act 4 on the 19th or 20th) But once that's all said and done, you'll see what I'm talking about. It will probably be triggered by some internet star making a video showcasing how he can shit on people that have no dmg reduction or hp.

BTW You still haven't disputed anything I've said with logic and only echo what I said about it working but after many deaths. I never disputed that it will work, in fact I even said it will work, but it will just get you killed and is the wrong choice in long term.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-05-31 at 07:57 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    Archery passive gives you flat 15% damage increase with bows, while 2h xbow gives you 15%
    Correction, IIRC, Archery gives a 50% bonus to critical hit damage for 2 handed crossbows. Bows are probably(?) still better though as 15% all the time.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    Correction, IIRC, Archery gives a 50% bonus to critical hit damage for 2 handed crossbows. Bows are probably(?) still better though as 15% all the time.
    You are right. Though still this is very dependent on crit chance. Considering the base 50% crit damage, it just makes crit do "normal" (x2) damage.
    It may be very viable to go with 2h xbow if you happen to stack a lot of crit chance. Although DH has a passive that increases crit chance to 100% (sharpshooter) it last only before first crit - that is the first shot will crit - then it resets to real crit chance and begin to grow up again by 3% per sec until you crit again.

I haven't managed to acquire a decent 2h xbow that would be better than my current bow - so I can't say anything more about that.

Deleted
    At the end of hell my DH had 40k hp and 18k dps. (level 60)
    At level 51 (act I hell) I had 30k hp and 11k dps.

I can say DPS is king. If you kill them fast they don't get to hit you much, but since they hit like a truck you better have a buffer to take the beating.

Go AH and buy some decent ~500 dps BOW (with socket or with attack speed) and use the right passive (forgot the name) - the one that gives you 15% bonus damage with bows.
    Buy a chest with dex vit and 3 sockets. use dex gems if your dps is lower than 15k
    Buy pants with dex vit and 2 sockets. use dex gems if your dps is lower than 15k
    Rings with +damage
    Amulet with +damage
    Quiver with dex vit and socket
    Get life regen - helps with kiting
    I would try to stick some extra discipline stats in there somewhere. It's an amazing survival stat, particularly if you're running glass cannon.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    I would try to stick some extra discipline stats in there somewhere. It's an amazing survival stat, particularly if you're running glass cannon.
    But with Preparation that restores Discipline to 100% and heals you with 60% of your max health (with a rune) every 45 seconds (it's like a second pot, much stronger one, btw) I rarely find myself out of Discipline. If anything I would stack Discipline regeneration, so it can regen faster while I'm kiting.

Deleted
    But with Preparation that restores Discipline to 100% and heals you with 60% of your max health (with a rune) every 45 seconds (it's like a second pot, much stronger one, btw) I rarely find myself out of Discipline. If anything I would stack Discipline regeneration, so it can regen faster while I'm kiting.
    True but I spec for preparation, vault, ss, and caltrops. It's basically a full set for kiting and survivability and depending on the combos, I tend to use 2-3 abilities sometimes. That's when I usually run out of discipline. It helps a lot to use acrobatics rune with vault, which makes it free every 15 seconds, but it is still a lot of abilities that burn discipline.

I agree, just get the highest damage weapon you can afford, and check the AH every 5-6 levels for a replacement.

May as well be a glass cannon now and learn to kite, because that is all you will be doing in Inferno. No amount of vit and res will keep you from getting one or two-shot.