Thread: Sej and runes

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Sej and runes

Hey guys so I'm in love with sejuana(sp?) and am not entirerly site as to what to get her rune wise.... I was thinking AP, armor and magic resist (not sure what color each is primary on so if you know plz say!) and I was thinking health too, if possible I think I'll do magic resist, armor and health for the colored ones and AP for quintessances...

Any thoughts?

PS She will be played as a jingling tanky character btw
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Hey guys so I'm in love with sejuana(sp?) and am not entirerly site as to what to get her rune wise.... I was thinking AP, armor and magic resist (not sure what color each is primary on so if you know plz say!) and I was thinking health too, if possible I think I'll do magic resist, armor and health for the colored ones and AP for quintessances...

Any thoughts?

PS She will be played as a jingling tanky character btw
    Don't get any AP, she has pretty awful scalings so it's really not worth getting any AP. I play her as a pure tank, I take hp quint's, Mpen reds, armor seals and Mr per lvl glyphs. I take the health simply for more damage out of her W early and because she is pretty frail low level, although I'm thinking of maybe going Gold quints.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabartank View Post
    Don't get any AP, she has pretty awful scalings so it's really not worth getting any AP. I play her as a pure tank, I take hp quint's, Mpen reds, armor seals and Mr per lvl glyphs. I take the health simply for more damage out of her W early and because she is pretty frail low level, although I'm thinking of maybe going Gold quints.
    Ah sweet I think I'll likely go with the same build as you rune wise, and Mp is magic pen right? I just want to make sure... And u never got AP on her so I had no idea it scaled badly, was kids hoping its be like on twitch where 1 ap =1 damage and then goes up from there xD
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Ah sweet I think I'll likely go with the same build as you rune wise, and Mp is magic pen right? I just want to make sure... And u never got AP on her so I had no idea it scaled badly, was kids hoping its be like on twitch where 1 ap =1 damage and then goes up from there xD
    Her Q has .4, her W .1 + up to 2% of her total health in dmg, E has .5 and her ulti has .7. So yeah her scalings arent incredible, hardly worth building any AP. I build shurelya's, randuins, mercs, frozen heart banshees and the last item is either force of nature for AP heavy teams, or thornmail for armor, or sunfire if I need only a bit of armor but need the health. That way, I hit 40% CDR, which brings her Dash at 6.8 CD and same with her E, her W has 1 second downtime, and her ulti is under 70 seconds, meaning you can have it for each time fight easily. So yeah I get pretty beefy.

For the runes I still haven't tried out Gold per 10 quint's. and yeah Mpen is magic penetration, helps early on in the jungle and adds a bit of extra dmg.

Edit: And her base damages are low, reason more to not build any kind of AP on her :P

10+ Year Old Account
    AS marks, Armor seals, MR/lvl glyphs, MS Quints is what I run on pretty much every jungler (a few use AD, and Amumu uses MPen because I don't build him tank). Jungle creeps have no MR, so MPen doesn't speed up your jungle. AS will. Since your a tank and they should never escape you without flash or some other distance giving spell, you don't need the MPen for damage.

Typical jungle runes as everyone has said.

As for AP, forget AP runes.. some AP items work ok though. The only AP I get on her is Rod of Ages. And maybe the Crystal Scepter if we're destroying the other team. Generally, if it lacks health don't get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    Typical jungle runes as everyone has said.

As for AP, forget AP runes.. some AP items work ok though. The only AP I get on her is Rod of Ages. And maybe the Crystal Scepter if we're destroying the other team. Generally, if it lacks health don't get it.
    tried using AP on sej it's not worth it, she gets like NOTHING from it so i've just started going with health and armor items, getting much better results from those!!

PS: what are MS Quints? idk what that abbreviation is!

MS quits = movement speed. You run fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    tried using AP on sej it's not worth it, she gets like NOTHING from it so i've just started going with health and armor items, getting much better results from those!!

Movement Speed. Helps with ganks and chasing, though Sejuani doesn't need as much as others do, like Skarner or Udyr. Also speed up your clear because you can get to camps faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Movement Speed. Helps with ganks and chasing, though Sejuani doesn't need as much as others do, like Skarner or Udyr. Also speed up your clear because you can get to camps faster.
    So do you think MS or CDR would be better for Sej? Just kinda wanna know before I start buying quins(will likely be last ones I buy)

10+ Year Old Account
    So do you think MS or CDR would be better for Sej? Just kinda wanna know before I start buying quins(will likely be last ones I buy)
    MS. You should have enough CDR through items and masteries.

10+ Year Old Account
    MS. You should have enough CDR through items and masteries.
    That's what I was thinking too, I just like the idea of being able to travel around the map faster, and once I get an auto attack on someone as Sej it's kinda gg anyway....

Well then you're useless in Teamfights. A single stun is useful, but the rest of her moves only slow, which is terrible since 90% of team fights involve very little kiting. Its usually a quick gank or the teams clash and stay in one general area. You need oomf to be somewhat good in those. You'd be surprised.

And I didn't say full AP (Everyone tried that during release. It's highly impractical.). I said a single RoA. And for some reason ever since I added that to her build I've always come out of the game with like 10-20 kills. Before that I'd simply be ignored and the other team could easily walk away because I lack the damage to finish even the lowest of health champions.
    Last edited by Bombkirby; 2012-05-31 at 02:46 AM.

AS marks, Armor seals, MR/lvl glyphs, MS Quints is what I run on pretty much every jungler (a few use AD, and Amumu uses MPen because I don't build him tank). Jungle creeps have no MR, so MPen doesn't speed up your jungle. AS will. Since your a tank and they should never escape you without flash or some other distance giving spell, you don't need the MPen for damage.
    You are right about the jungle creeps having no MR, never noticed it. But from the little testing I did, having Mpen increased the damage they took. With 0 Magic pen, my lvl 1 W did 17dmg per second on non frosted target, vs 18 with the Magic pen reds. Doesn't increase jungle speed as much as Atk speed, but combined with
    Q and E, It seems like it would be noticable since they take increased dmg in % for being technically at -9 MR.

Edit: And it increases damage against other champs early game, so why the hell not lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    Well then you're useless in Teamfights. A single stun is useful, but the rest of her moves only slow, which is terrible since 90% of team fights involve very little kiting. Its usually a quick gank or the teams clash and stay in one general area. You need oomf to be somewhat good in those. You'd be surprised.

And I didn't say full AP (Everyone tried that during release. It's highly impractical.). I said a single RoA. And for some reason ever since I added that to her build I've always come out of the game with like 10-20 kills. Before that I'd simply be ignored and the other team could easily walk away because I lack the damage to finish even the lowest of health champions.
    i've never had any issues doing damage to people in team fights though, i don't go for kills i just go snaring and pissing off the enemy team so they focus on me instead of my team. Kills are nice and all, but victories are better imo.

Sejuani is not really the type of tank that gets loads of kills out of nowhere like Skarner or Rammus.

I hate Rammus so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Sejuani is not really the type of tank that gets loads of kills out of nowhere like Skarner or Rammus.

I hate Rammus so much.
    Oh screw Rammus... and i'll get kills on him if the team fight lasts long enough for me to get off a second perma frost, that move does so much damage it tends to slaughter anyone that was still standing from the first hit, and then her 2 is really nice for creating damage and scaring enemies, that actually know what it does, away from where you're standing/running around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabartank View Post
    You are right about the jungle creeps having no MR, never noticed it. But from the little testing I did, having Mpen increased the damage they took. With 0 Magic pen, my lvl 1 W did 17dmg per second on non frosted target, vs 18 with the Magic pen reds. Doesn't increase jungle speed as much as Atk speed, but combined with
    Q and E, It seems like it would be noticable since they take increased dmg in % for being technically at -9 MR.

Edit: And it increases damage against other champs early game, so why the hell not lol.
    The meta right now is junglers with fast clear times and aggressive counter-jungling. It's why you don't see as many WWs, Shacos, or Amumus in higher levels of play. Your laners should not be expecting ganks every minute, and if they absolutely need ganks to stop feeding then they are bad/having a terrible game. With her W Sej has a great clear speed and her slow makes it hard for anyone to invade since a laner can jump in before he gets even close to escaping. Going for a faster clear is also better in the end since you are essentially adding another farm lane, and it will help you not only stay ahead of their jungler, but you can gank earlier since camps are going down faster. A successful gank isn't a kill, it's a use of SS or a kill so your lane has the advantage.

And sadly MPen doesn't give your enemies negative MR. There is another stat that does that, but since I have no clue where it comes from I'm going to assume it no longer exists and the wiki needs an update.

The meta right now is junglers with fast clear times and aggressive counter-jungling. It's why you don't see as many WWs, Shacos, or Amumus in higher levels of play. Your laners should not be expecting ganks every minute, and if they absolutely need ganks to stop feeding then they are bad/having a terrible game. With her W Sej has a great clear speed and her slow makes it hard for anyone to invade since a laner can jump in before he gets even close to escaping. Going for a faster clear is also better in the end since you are essentially adding another farm lane, and it will help you not only stay ahead of their jungler, but you can gank earlier since camps are going down faster. A successful gank isn't a kill, it's a use of SS or a kill so your lane has the advantage.

And sadly MPen doesn't give your enemies negative MR. There is another stat that does that, but since I have no clue where it comes from I'm going to assume it no longer exists and the wiki needs an update.
    Fair enough. I'll have to try her out with AS reds and see what happens, I really enjoy jungling with her :P

Oh screw Rammus... and i'll get kills on him if the team fight lasts long enough for me to get off a second perma frost, that move does so much damage it tends to slaughter anyone that was still standing from the first hit, and then her 2 is really nice for creating damage and scaring enemies, that actually know what it does, away from where you're standing/running around.
    I dunno where you get the "so much damage" on permafrost, it has a like 230 base damage and a .5 scaling, which is nothing to be scared of tbh. And I get more then 2 permafrosts on average per teamfights, since I rush my 35% CDR, 40% being when I finish my Randuins, which means the game as stretched pretty far.

Hey guys so I'm in love with sejuana
    When you are in love with a girl you should get her roses or diamonds.

Seriously though, take movement quints, attack speed reds, armor yellows and MR blues.