Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Play a Healer if you want to learn positioning/cc/mana/dispels. That will help you.
    Nothing is 'the easiest'. It's all about the player, not the class. I find Resto Shaman easier than my Mage, yet a friend of mine is great on his Mage but awful on his Rsham.
    You have to play everything or at least play against everything to stand a chance of learning anything.

Also, I don't agree with that list posted lol
    Warlocks are amazing at high ratings due to the fact they are quite hard to play amazingly.
    Enhance is hard to play well. Druids are easy. Resto doesn't count cos they are broken atm.
    Priest should not be above rogue lol

TL;DR - Play a healer. You will learn so much. People tend to tunnel like derps if they pick up a DPS
    Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    If I got 50k gold for every error since diablo launched, I'd be able to buy a proper weapon.
    "I will now attempt to run away but first I will forget to close my chat window! wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Genooo View Post
    You guys are getting the wrong idea. I'm not asking which class is EASY, but which class is the easiest. Even if none of them are truely easy, one of them has to take less skill and know how to play than the rest. It's like DPSing as an arcane mage is far easier than DPSing as, well, any other DPS class.
    So....
    Melee - Ret Pala / Frost Dk
    Caster - Arc mage / Ele shaman

Deleted
    paladin i wood say is the easiest if ur talking pvp

---------- Post added 2012-05-31 at 01:18 PM ----------

if ur talking pve then mage for sure

Go rogue. They're pretty easy to get to grips with, but if you get good with one, you will shine in BG's.
    RETH

In terms of which classes are the easiest to reach a medium skill level or bracket, it is definitely melee. They totally dominate beginner and intermediate arenas, although they fall off as you get to more advanced levels of play.

I don't think anything could possibly be easier than Frost DK. Find a half decent healer and you should be able to get to 1600-1700 arena rating by literally rolling your face across your keyboard.
    Ashin, Stormreaver
    South of Heaven

Deleted
    Play a healer. You will learn so much. People tend to tunnel like derps if they pick up a DPS
    Gotta agree with this. Until I rolled my priest I didn't realise just how much my awareness sucked. When I'm healing and I see my teamates bashing on the faces of the DPS nearest them and not watching out for the guy that's, y'know, keeping the up it reinforces just how valuable a player that can peel can be. It's depressing when in a random you have a team that will only target an enemy healer when I MC them into a pack of my teammates, so rather than any specific class or spec if you find yourself not up to par and want to improve in PvP I would work on my awareness and how best to help your team achieve the objective you are pushing for.

Deleted
    Disc priest is the easiest class/spec out there

Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    Disc priest is the easiest class/spec out there
    lol what? care to give a half way decent explanation?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    lol what? care to give a half way decent explanation?
    He is trolling obviously. Dont feed him!

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    frost dk has the lowest skillcap and the least amount of buttons.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    I've been playing the game for 6 years and PvP is pretty much all I do. The easiest by far to jump right in and get really good at is Rogue.
    link us your armory.
    weeee!

Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post
    As another poster already stated, this thread will end in a flame war and insane amounts of trolls.

Here is my thoughts on your questions tho;

Classes in order of easiest to start with and play in pvp without earlier experience:

Mage
    Death Knight
    Shaman
    Warlock
    Paladin
    Warrior
    Rogue
    Priest
    Druid
    Hunter
    Finally! Someone finally agrees with me that hunters are hard as fuck to master in PvP!
    Sweeter than yo mama's apple pie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrules14 View Post
    Finally! Someone finally agrees with me that hunters are hard as fuck to master in PvP!
    It is just a fact. Not an opinion. Most bad players tend to let their lack of insight in pvp blur their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Go rogue. They're pretty easy to get to grips with, but if you get good with one, you will shine in BG's.
    I agree that they are easy but to play well I think it's hard as hell. As a rogue you can pretty much control a match and to do that you'll need great awareness, coordination, and knowledge of the game. More so than any other classes imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Singen View Post
    I agree that they are easy but to play well I think it's hard as hell. As a rogue you can pretty much control a match and to do that you'll need great awareness, coordination, and knowledge of the game. More so than any other classes imo.
    Rogues are very user friendly right of the bat but it is also a class that is insanely OP if the right player controls it.

Quote Originally Posted by sxefluff View Post
    Damn I was gonna say mage, but read OP.

Well I haven't played WoW in a few months, but I'm sure Blood DK's are still ridiculous. Arena at your own risk, but in BG's you'll have fun wrecking everything with 30k crits as you laugh at your life never going below 80% (exaggerating of course, but still true)
    After they nerfed vengeance, blood dk dmg has gone down a lot. They're still a pain in the @ss for any melee to kill though.

Overall, I'd say Frost DK has the lowest learning curve.

Hunters are faceroll in BGs as you're leveling but get much harder to master at 85. Good ones make me hate life, even on my rogue.

Deleted
    You probally have to try it out yourself. Asking a question like that is just baiting for biased oppinions. People will always rate their own class as super demanding.
    And they will always rate the class wich typical beats them 1v1 as faceroll. Its just the unwritten law of forum opinions.

Deleted
    Only counting PvP viable specs and off the top of my head, easy to hard...

Frost DK
    Ret Pala
    Frost Mage
    Sub Rogue
    Fire Mage
    Feral
    Holy Pala
    Enha Sham
    The rest
    UH DK
    Affli Lock
    MM Hunter

Edit: You are probably better at either healing, melee or casting. Most of us are better at one in particular because we find it the most fun. So, think over what you enjoy the most and pick one of those.
    Last edited by mmocb9abc53c35; 2012-06-01 at 02:52 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Pretty much agree with this, also are you asking for the lowest skillcap or the lowest learning curve?
    Also are we talking BG, RBG or arena?
    BG doesn't require any skill so any class will do, (I find RBG to be similar you just need to coordinate and blow stuff up). For arena practice in 2's with a healer and make sure you make it as easy on yourself as possible, if your chosen class works amasing with a shaman, good with priest, ok with druid and sucks with pala (healers I mean) then try to find a shaman.
    ?? I smell an ignorant player

But to be on topic here, I'd say sub rogue. It's not hard to get down that Cheap Shot + Kidney Shot while backstabbing and popping smoke bomb for the kill is a win. Also if you get outplayed you just cloak + vanish and open up again since the other guy probably won't have much left.

DKs are pretty close tho. It's just spam Howling Blast and 2x Necrotic Strike for dmg, AMS and Icebound Fortitude for defense. If you really have no brain go blood spec, however most casters will be able to kill you but melee won't... ever.

Quote Originally Posted by verdamte View Post
    You probally have to try it out yourself. Asking a question like that is just baiting for biased oppinions. People will always rate their own class as super demanding.
    And they will always rate the class wich typical beats them 1v1 as faceroll. Its just the unwritten law of forum opinions.
    Agree for the most part, however some classes are truly demanding. One of which happens to be my own. So sometimes it is justified.
    Last edited by mmoc91ede30817; 2012-06-01 at 03:07 AM.

I'd put another vote for frost dk, fun factor and not too hard to do. As others have said you can do so much damage without really trying, I personally top the damage and you can check out my gear in the link below (its mostly vicious since i don't really play it that often)