Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    They want to get more people interested in the game. People who signed up for beta already had some interest in the game, and a lot of them already pre-purchased.
    Also, blame the websites for the facebook/register/like/tweet. Anet gives them the keys, doesn't tell them how to run their giveaways.
    Yea I know, annoyance to both Anet and the key receiver websites.
    Well I dont think majority of the 1million beta sign-upers pre-purchased, especially not being comfortable buying a game without a release date. But sure, a big bunch did. However, it would be fair if they did hand out some keys to the sign-uppers as well. Now it seems like that event was just a quick check for ANet how many actually were interested in the game. Sure, some got key for the closed beta event... about one dude and his mom (we can't know for sure since they couldn't tell they got the invite).
    Ah well, just leave me to the bitterness :P

If they wanted to see how many people were interested in GW2, beta signups would be a terrible way to do so. You don't have to be interested in a game to download a free demo, and I'm sure a large amount of the people who signed up for the beta were people signing up from multiple PCs/emails. Which is another reason to not simply hand out the beta keys to people who signed up for the beta months ago, mind you. Not spreading the word to more people + making people who are newly interested feel ripped off + give a bunch of keys to duplicate emails and people who pre-purchased... doesn't really sound like a good strategy in the slightest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Yea I know, annoyance to both Anet and the key receiver websites.
    Well I dont think majority of the 1million beta sign-upers pre-purchased, especially not being comfortable buying a game without a release date. But sure, a big bunch did. However, it would be fair if they did hand out some keys to the sign-uppers as well. Now it seems like that event was just a quick check for ANet how many actually were interested in the game. Sure, some got key for the closed beta event... about one dude and his mom (we can't know for sure since they couldn't tell they got the invite).
    Ah well, just leave me to the bitterness :P
    quick question, have you not pre-purchased the game or received a BWE2 invite or code?
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    quick question, have you not pre-purchased the game or received a BWE2 invite or code?
    Tea said some time ago, if I remember correctly, that he/she would not be pre-purchasing. I don't remember the reason, but they seem slightly eager and bitter about not playing for someone who is unwilling to even try gambling on getting a key, nevermind pre-purchase. /shrug

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by charlieprince View Post
    1. it's free
    2. it's free
    3. it's free

see a pattern yet? even people not interested in the game would try it out just because hell.. it's free

and of course once they try it out, addicted.. BAM

hook line fish
    oh right

I forgot how a modern human brain works for a moment there. sorry

10+ Year Old Account
    Tea said some time ago, if I remember correctly, that he/she would not be pre-purchasing. I don't remember the reason, but they seem slightly eager and bitter about not playing for someone who is unwilling to even try gambling on getting a key, nevermind pre-purchase. /shrug
    well that's unfortunate. anyway, for those interested in still getting a BWE2 key you can try your luck here: GULD WARS 2 BWE2 CODE GIVEAWAYS!!!!!

Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG

Deleted
    Well I dont do either tweets or facebook and I'm a bit opposed to companies always trying to drag you into that crap. I rather they make me interested in them than forcing me to click a like for rewards. And well, I have done my fair share of registering for betas, for aion f2p beta I just signed up for their newsletter and got invite, for Tera I did the same and got invite for 2 beta weekends and now Nvidia site handed out keys for the secret world beta weekend and all I did was entered my email and namn and birthday and I got the key. And so I did the big beta registration for GW2 by entering name, computer system and email but there I must fight for my right to party on facebook/tweet or write a comment/novel/song or create bots and I give up (at least until they become more generous :P)

Finally got myself a key!

Thanks for the topic, wouldn't have found a source without it!
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

Deleted
    Anyone know currently available legit Beta key giveaway site ? Needed a key to get my gf try it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superxan View Post
    Anyone know currently available legit Beta key giveaway site ? Needed a key to get my gf try it
    read post #47

Deleted
    read post #47
    Thank you!

Yay got a key from gamestar.de. Max Payne 3 is awesome and runs well on my notebook, there's a lot of good stuff on Computex 2012, will be participating in BWE... life is awesome sometimes, folks.
    Sorry for my bad English, I'm from North Pole.

10+ Year Old Account
    for those who were unlucky and did not get a beta key for GW2's BWE2 you might want to look into this thread over on Reddit about Amazon pre-orders

Deleted
    for those who were unlucky and did not get a beta key for GW2's BWE2 you might want to look into this thread over on Reddit about Amazon pre-orders
    Seems to be working wrong
    And Amazon says this about the game
    "Pre-order Guild Wars 2 on PC and get 3-Day Head-start Access to create a Guild Wars 2 account early. The code to setup your Guild Wars 2 account early will be emailed at least a few days before the release of the game. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. "

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Seems to be working wrong
    And Amazon says this about the game
    "Pre-order Guild Wars 2 on PC and get 3-Day Head-start Access to create a Guild Wars 2 account early. The code to setup your Guild Wars 2 account early will be emailed at least a few days before the release of the game. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. "
    i know it says that but people apparently are getting BWE access along with it. you can try it out if you like. if you get nothing then i guess you can just cancel it, it's worth a shot.

Deleted
    are some still giving out keys?