Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I can't tell if this thread is actually serious or just a gag but I'll bite. Yes their are plenty of games superior to d3 in almost every sense of the word. Their are plenty of games in the genre that will be better than d3 as well. Someone earlier in the thread listed LIneage Eternal as one example and he's quite correct. D3 is passable imo and good for an hour or two of fun every once in awhile but it's hardly the best thing out there atm and is at best a 6/10 maybe 7/10 game. Which is why I went ahead and got a refund from Blizzard. Given all of that plus server downtime I couldn't stomach it. I have to give them credit they were fairly good about giving me a refund though.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-05-31 at 01:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fallout 1 and 2 just out of the top of my head.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmloos View Post
    It is such an incredible niche tho. It really does not have much appeal to the big crowds. Sure it is a relative big thing, but when compared to WoW, to DotA, to LoL as a game it just is not that much of a thing. Only as an e-sport where WoW at least simply does not qualify anymore.

Popular != best. Sales != best.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Well right now, I dont see any other game with the replayability that Diablo 3 has.

Reasons?

1) Randomized dungeons - Everything is random including monster placement with exception of a few story areas

2) Randomized loot - This one is huge! No set items except for legendaries and set peices which are not the best items in the game if you find a perfectly rolled rare item.

3) 5 Unique Classes - So many character builds its mind blowing. All the people whining about skill trees were dead wrong there. There is tons of customization, and only more to come in the expansion

4) Hardcore - This alone will keep me playing for years to come

5) PvP - This also will keep me playing for years to come. I played the arena at both the 2010 and 2011 blizzcons and i must say, it was the most fun PvP I have ever played in any game (yes even better than WoW)

The list goes on.
    I haven't read past the first page because I can't see there being anything worth reading, It's clear you love Diablo and you think it has endless replay potential but I don't think you have a clear grasp on what "subjective" means, just because it's your favorite game doesn't mean it's going to be everyone's favorite game.

Personally I wasn't into D3 at first, but I played it and I'm still playing it and I love it but as far as replayability? No, you do the game on normal, then you do a slightly more difficult version of the same game 3 more times, I'm on Act 3 of Inferno atm and I enjoy it and will keep playing until I get bored, which I imagine will probably be pretty quickly after I kill Diablo on Inferno. As far as the gear goes, once you can kill the end boss solo what reason is there to keep farming gear?

Deleted
    When blizzard gets there sh*t together, no there isn't a better game.

Deleted
    Im not sure there is one at the moment. The longevity and replayability of the game will be seen for years and years. Of all the games out right now, i cant think of a single game that has more of a fun-factor than Diablo 3.

I can list all the reasons why I feel Diablo 3 is such a great game, but I think everyone already knows them at this point.

Do you think there is a better game than Diablo 3? If so, what is it, and why do you feel that way?
    Well, of course.
    Diablo 3 is a good game not a great game.
    Mass Effect 1 is greater, so is WoW (excluding Cataclysm), or Orcs Must Die, Diablo 1 (but it's old now), Dungeon Keeper (idem), Duke Nukem 3D (...), Mirror's Edge (though it can be really frustrating sometimes), Warcraft 3, and others

Why is Diablo 3 only good?
    Because it lacks atmosphere (I know, it's subjective), because it lacks originality or novelty (same characters revived and worse : same zones...) and because it has significant problems : always online, RMAH.

It's a good game, IMO, I've found myself strangely addicted to trying to get myself through Inferno and hopefully find some nice items for myself or others along the way so I can get some better gear to do so. I don't usually play this dungeon crawler style of game, but for me it came at a good time because there really isn't anything else new I'm interested in out there right now, and the intensity that inferno mode can bring can keep things very interesting. The only two other games I've ever been this addicted to when I started playing them were WoW, the Assasin's Creed series, and Skyrim, so I guess there is something to be said for that. All said and done, I wouldn't put it in my top ten games in terms of gameplay or anything, but in terms of replayability, it's certainly up there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moinaldo View Post
    Not necessarily, there were many Final Fantasy and Zelda games that could easily be in a "best games" list.
    Compared to today's standards, old LoZ & FF games are really bad from an objective look.

Well right now, I dont see any other game with the replayability that Diablo 3 has.

Reasons?

1) Randomized dungeons - Everything is random including monster placement with exception of a few story areas

2) Randomized loot - This one is huge! No set items except for legendaries and set peices which are not the best items in the game if you find a perfectly rolled rare item.

3) 5 Unique Classes - So many character builds its mind blowing. All the people whining about skill trees were dead wrong there. There is tons of customization, and only more to come in the expansion

4) Hardcore - This alone will keep me playing for years to come

5) PvP - This also will keep me playing for years to come. I played the arena at both the 2010 and 2011 blizzcons and i must say, it was the most fun PvP I have ever played in any game (yes even better than WoW)

The list goes on.
    Randomized dungeons? It's only the doors/entrances switching places, nothing randomized about that.
    Randomized loot: It depends on the type of game if that's suitable, Borderlands had millions of items with random stats, thus they take the crown for a FPS with loot, Legend of Grimrock & Binding of Isaac shares the throne when it comes to Dungeon Crawlers.

There's no customizeability with the aesthetics, hell you can't even hide your helmet IIRC, you pick a class & gender and you're good to go, which was a huge flaw for me since I can spend a long time customizing the face of a character I'm going to play.

PVP won't be balanced, Blizzard already stated that which will make it dull, not like Blizzard is good at balancing things. (Looking at WoW Arena & SC2 Metagame, Blizzard simply fail at communicating with their community.)

I agree with you on the whiners, Diablo is decent, not terribad & not the best game released.
    Last edited by inux94; 2012-05-31 at 04:34 AM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Compared to today's standards, old LoZ & FF games are really bad from an objective look.
    "objective look"
    You mean, like, graphics?

Deleted
    FF7>WOW >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>all

Torchlight is cool. Dungeon Siege too, maybe Titan Quest, Loki. But better? Nah, nothing atm.

//obviously u ask for hack'n'shash and people are talking bout everythign from RTS to Shooters.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    the troll is strong in this one

Today's standards in which way? I mean, in my opinion games like LoZ:A link to the past-Ocarina of Time or FF:VI-VII-VIII had immersive stories, innovative features, great art and OST.

Obviously cartridges and CD's had less memory and consoles had less power, so graphics and sound quality can't be compared with today's HD graphics and sound.

I played Diablo 3 quite a bit, at various times, throughout the Closed Beta.
    In my opinion, it was rather simple and I never really enjoyed it.
    Needless to say, I did not purchase it.

Obviously, I believe there are much better games than D3.

D3 falls short in a lot of ways. I've played fairly casually over the past couple weeks and am already bored. Yes, there are much better games, too many to list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dalaran, hiding whoopie cushions under Rhonin's chair.
    I enjoy Diablo 3... but I've also never played the first or second Diablo either, so my opinion on the game is moot.

Outside of that, I'm sure there are better games than Diablo 3. Granted, I'll be playing the Hell out of it (the terrible pun intended), but dungeon crawlers have never been my forte.
    Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and for thy possession, the ends of the earth. Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron. Thou shalt dash them in pieces, like a potter's vessel. Be wise now therefore ye kings. Be admonished ye judges of the earth. Serve the lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the son lest he be angry, and ye perish in the way, though his wrath be kindled but a little.

If it's games that are more than 10 years old it's really just nostalgia kicking in.
    I don't know about that. I still play Castlevania:SotN, Super Punch-out, and FF8 pretty regularly.

Deleted
    Well i don't like Diablo 3 so , i'm currently enjoying myself with BF3 , aoe3 aom and hopefully max payne on friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    Lets put it this way. I wouldn't have played diablo 3 if I hadn't gotten it for free from the annual pass (since I would be playing wow anyway) and after having played it I am glad I didn't pay for it, and wouldn't have paid for it regardless.

I'm waiting for all the fanboys to get sick of it so they stop asking me to log in and grind inferno when I have no desire to put any effort into it.
    this goes for me as well. i might play it more if it didn't require an internet connection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Honestly I'm playing through the 3rd time and I'm already kinda bored with it I don't see the replay value being as good as you make it sound. There is no way I would get all classes through all modes and I'm not interested in farming gear to do Inferno and I'm sure not buying stuff off the AH at the ridiculous prices people are expecting. I mean seriously 200,000 buyout for a blue item?