Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Longevity?

Most people i know are in act 4, or have killed diablo already. In 2 weeks. That includes levelling. All the shitty MMOs that came out in the last 2 years lasted longer than that.

Just because the loot is super random, and 90% of the time you get crap a lvl 40 wouldnt even want, doesnt mean the game as 'longevity'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    World of warcraft loses its replayability the instant you walk into the next tier of raiding. Once you seen the place, you seen it all. Diablo 3 provides RANDOMIZED dungeons and mosnters, which makes each play through completely unique and different from the last.

Cant find that in a set wow dungeon..

---------- Post added 2012-05-30 at 11:46 PM ----------

I stopped reading after "Only played D3 beta"
    You shouldn't have, what he said actually held water.

Quote Originally Posted by shrink1991 View Post
    When blizzard gets there sh*t together, no there isn't a better game.
    Too bad it seems to be scattered all over the place in recent years... I love their games but the quality(yes even with D3) seems to have dropped significantly imo.

That said yes I do think there are better games than D3, a lot of them in fact. As far as longevity goes though I'd dare say Pokemon R/B/Y will beat D3 hands down.

Deleted
    Im not sure there is one at the moment. The longevity and replayability of the game will be seen for years and years. Of all the games out right now, i cant think of a single game that has more of a fun-factor than Diablo 3.

I can list all the reasons why I feel Diablo 3 is such a great game, but I think everyone already knows them at this point.

Do you think there is a better game than Diablo 3? If so, what is it, and why do you feel that way?
    looooooooooooooool??? i think the op has no sence for realtity ... i would ask is there a worser game than diablo 3???? ... there are tons of games with more fun than diablo 3 ... no customization, lack of content ... u play it trough in 6 hours and its absolutly boring to do the same thing in every difficulty ..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moinaldo View Post
    LOL what the fuck dude, are you serious??? if anybody signed the AP just to get D3, that person really needs to be in a mental hospital, why would someone with half a brain pay $180 to get a game they could have just bought for $60?? annual pass was meant for people that had already decided they would continue playing wow for another year... so yes, D3 was free for the people that understood what the AP was for.
    Your fail logic is fail. The annual pass was meant to sucker people into continue playing their shitty mmo while they had a year of downtime between then and when they finally get around to releasing their panda pack. It had just enough "free" things to make you keep paying them money from your pocket.

Better than D3? Is that a joke? D3 is at best a decent game. It uses an antique interface that is clumsy and frustrating when mixed with movement and response demanding encounters. It has solid, but far from impressive graphics that are outmatched by many console games older than D3. It offers 10 hours of gameplay, artificially stretched out by added difficulty modes of exact same content. It relies way too much on RNG with drops and crafting to make it anywhere a satisfying character progress for a casual gamer.

D3 is okey for a week of fun. I'm Act II hell and I barely log in anymore. Same content for the third time in a row? Eugh. Or same content woth different char? Ehehe. D3 is dungeon siege 3. Most will play it through once or twice then forget it existed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moinaldo View Post
    LOL what the fuck dude, are you serious??? if anybody signed the AP just to get D3, that person really needs to be in a mental hospital, why would someone with half a brain pay $180 to get a game they could have just bought for $60?? annual pass was meant for people that had already decided they would continue playing wow for another year... so yes, D3 was free for the people that understood what the AP was for.
    Diablo 3 ISNT for free in the annual pass
    ... u pay 180 bucks to play 12 months of wow ... but in the time u play diablo 3 u do not play wow so at the end u bought diablo3 for 60 bucks ... so nothing is for free

---------- Post added 2012-05-31 at 06:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Masternewt View Post
    Better than D3? Is that a joke? D3 is at best a decent game. It uses an antique interface that is clumsy and frustrating when mixed with movement and response demanding encounters. It has solid, but far from impressive graphics that are outmatched by many console games older than D3. It offers 10 hours of gameplay, artificially stretched out by added difficulty modes of exact same content. It relies way too much on RNG with drops and crafting to make it anywhere a satisfying character progress for a casual gamer.

D3 is okey for a week of fun. I'm Act II hell and I barely log in anymore. Same content for the third time in a row? Eugh. Or same content woth different char? Ehehe. D3 is dungeon siege 3. Most will play it through once or twice then forget it existed.
    /sign ... when there really is someone out there who thinks diablo 3 is the best game than the whole world is doomed i guess

Starcraft 2, WoW, Skyrim wiith all the modding available and many more games are better then Diablo.

Diablo is a shallow mediocre game that was nice 13 years ago but wont be able to stand for to long in todays market. Sooner or later people will see it for what it really is. A boring repetitive and pointless grind - that is that isnt even a real grind anymore - since you will have to use the real money Ah to progress.

Why did Diablo do well on sales and people play it? Because it was hyped and advertised tremendously and atm it carries the WoW crowd also since WoW is kinda boring (not bad simply boring due to lack of new content - its still an awesome game that towers all over Diablo on every single aspect) and people wait for MoP.

Diablo isnt a really good game. If you look it from a distance you ll see how empty and mediocre it really is. It is better then afking in Orgrimmar/Stormwind though that's why people bother with it.

I am waiting for GW2 now to see how it will be. Diablo was a bitter disappointment though haven't had such a big one since Dragon Age 2. At last i didn't pay for this one thanks to the annual.
    Last edited by MarizzaDraenor; 2012-05-31 at 06:22 AM.

WoW, Starcraft 2, Guild Wars 2 beta, Battlefield 3 are just some of the ones on top of my head.

Your fail logic is fail. The annual pass was meant to sucker people into continue playing their shitty mmo while they had a year of downtime between then and when they finally get around to releasing their panda pack. It had just enough "free" things to make you keep paying them money from your pocket.
    No dude, you're the one failing... some of us, play WoW with real life friends, some arenas, some bgs, random PVE, to have some fun... we knew as a group that we would continue playing anyway... I repeat, you're the one failing thinking that everyone got tired of WOW, there are a lot of people that still have fun playing any game with some friends.

Deleted
    Better games than Diablo 3?

I could name a lot, simply because I'm not interested in Diablo 3 at all. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Klabernia View Post
    ... u pay 180 bucks to play 12 months of wow ... but in the time u play diablo 3 u do not play wow so at the end u bought diablo3 for 60 bucks ... so nothing is for free
    LOL can't we play both games at the same time?? D3 does not require a monthly fee, so there is no need to rush hardcore style... if you think wow needs to be played 10 hours a day and people can't play any other game you are a little obsessed.-

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO chrono trigger is the best game ever made. I got it the first day it released and i do a few playthroughs each year at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolvik View Post
    The lack of randomization(except the over-randomized loot) kills the repeatability of Diablo 3.
    Not sure if you are serious. In Diablo 2 people ran hundreds of Pindleskin runs a day. Nothing more than just that. Pindleskin's area wasn't random either. Yet people did that for years. In Diablo 2 people ran dozens and dozens of Baal runs a day. Blindly teleporting to the last level of the Worldstone Keep. That last level which was also not random. Are you telling me that randomness in Diablo 2 was such a big factor to its success when all people did was Pindleskin runs or mindlessly teleporting to Mephisto or Baal. Or STATIC non RANDOM Chaos Sanctuary runs. I don't think so.

15+ Year Old Account
    Heh the topic could as well be "What is best fruit EU?". As someone pointed out already better and best are subjective. I for once cannot fathom how someone can like Minecraft let alone play it every day since release - still a lot people like it. So it must be a good game for them, just not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Torchlight 1 and 2 might be something to your liking if you want the hack 'n' slash style of play.

Other then that there are plenty of RPG's that are vastly superior to Diablo 3 in all ways.
    Diablo 3 falls very short on storyline and interesting characters, something even Kingdoms of Amalur manages better. As for the actual RolePlaying Game-side of it, anything is better then D3
    D3 is pretty brainless.
    Torchlight might be an instant turn-off for some people due to its comical and exaggerated art style. Just saying.

As for vastly superior RPGs - I usually say Hack'n'slash ARPGs are basically like x-rated movies, storyline and characters are not really that interesting and for me that has been the way since D1. Deckard Cain was the only memorable character in all Diablo series. But I have played many other good HnS ARPGs and none had a really thrilling storyline with remarkable characters and in-depth roleplaying. It's all about having a giant excuse for being a mass murdererer in the name of loot.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

---------- Post added 2012-05-31 at 06:06 AM ----------

/sign ... when there really is someone out there who thinks diablo 3 is the best game than the whole world is doomed i guess
    I would have been subbed to wow either way, so yes, its free.

*Looks a shelf full of games*
    Yes, there are better games than diablo 3. Pretty much every game I can play offline jump out at me. The game is ok, don't get me wrong, but I'm already bored with it. Perhaps when they add some more interesting loot I'll feel differently. /shrug
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    I would have been subbed to wow either way, so yes, its free.
    no its not for free because even if u would have subbed wow ... u paid for it ... u cant play 2 games at once ... and why the hell is someone willing to pay blizzard subs for a YEAR ahead without even knowing whats coming ... dragon soul became boring in february and what are u doing the next year?? ... u pay for waiting for mop which is more mediocre than cata was?? ... subs for wow is wasted money ... guild wars 2 without any subscription fee and more fun than wow ist the way to go ... and anybody who says there is a lot of content in wow than i have to shake my head ... in the last 13 months there were 7 fireland bosses and now 8 dragon soul bosses ... boring... its worse than the 12 months of icc
    Last edited by mmoc001e5bb0be; 2012-05-31 at 07:08 AM.

Deleted
    Many of them. I've enjoyed so many games more than D3. RPG genre? Witcher 1, 2. Best game(s) of the decade.
    And, frankly, I dont know why all this love for Diablo 3. The ONLY hook in this game is the item hunt, more like the AH grind. Don't you want something more? Complexity, realism, maturity, depth, not this juvenile drivel that gets passed for a 'story' in D3.
    Last edited by mmoc09d10ac99a; 2012-05-31 at 07:15 AM.

no its not for free because even if u would have subbed wow ... u paid for it ... u cant play 2 games at once ... and why the hell is someone willing to pay blizzard subs for a YEAR ahead without even knowing whats coming ... dragon soul became boring in february and what are u doing the next year?? ... u pay for waiting for mop which is more mediocre than cata was?? ... subs for wow is wasted money ... guild wars 2 without any subscription fee and more fun than wow ist the way to go
    Some of us aren't poor, and remain subbed for the ability to play the game at our leisure. Not everyone should do this, but for those of us who do, any bonus added to the sub we would have had anyway is free. It's really not that hard to understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.