Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    no more rep head / shoulder enchants is great however i think this would be a great opportunity to give engineers some sort of sell-able service. simply allow engineers to create head enchants similar to how a blacksmith makes a belt buckle, something with the cogwheel sockets perhaps?
    Last edited by mmocced9fcad02; 2012-05-31 at 02:21 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah, so people will suddenly choose what faction they want to go to first? They'll still have to go for a specific faction depending on which armour they need first. I like that Scribes will now do shoulder enchants though. But no more head enchants? really?

Nice changes. The "lot of max level quests" really intrigues me as well as removing the daily quest cap. Looking forward to it.

Head enchants are gone! Wow! Exactly what this game needed! WTF??
    There are so many other more important problems to address! This wasn't worth 1 sec of development time. And if they felt like it needed changing, why not make head enchants available from whichever faction you decide to farm first?!
    I hate when Blizz takes stuff out, it's just one less thing to do, no matter how small, in a game where everyone is bored to hell and complains that they burn through content too fast.
    I have an idea, we should raid first when we reach lvl 90, then do 5 mans, i don't want someone to dictate how i progress my character in PvE end-game! /sarcasm

Deleted
    Hahahaha, no more head enchants, this is great. In other words, "we couldn't be bothered to sort it out, so we'll just make the head slot unenchantable for no real reason".

Quote Originally Posted by er0ckuh View Post
    "My most recent toon was raid ready in a day. Yet I still had to spend time doing raids/dungeons just to get attuned. It was boring..." See where I'm going with this?

I'm not bashing taking out head enchants, but we have to remember what makes WoW the MMO it is. Take out all of the grindfests and what are you really left with? That's when people will start complaining about being bored, because they have nothing that takes time to accomplish anymore.
    We are getting much more interresting "grind-fests" than rep just for an enchant (and I am completely aware that the helm enchants are currently BoA. Personally, I never had any issue getting enough rep on individual alts simply because I enjoy questing so I do it on multiple toons...for the helm enchants questing generally would get you to the necessary rep even without additional "grinding" from instances via tabard.

My issue with the helm enchants (and shoulder for that matter) is that they force you to grind rep for a particular faction. Maybe I really love Rahmaken but hate Avenger's of Hyjal...too bad for me as a caster. I am forced to spend time in an area I dislike because I have to grind enough rep for an enchant. Shoulder enchants were always held by the most horrible area in game or the one that meant the most flying around for one quest from one side of the world to the other...just completely boring game-play.

The "grind-fest" will always be there, as it should be. But we shouldn't be forced to grind something we don't want and have to wait to grind what we do want. I'm glad they are getting rid of Helm enchants and making Shoulder enchants Inscription items. I will now be able to "grind" what I want to grind and not what I'm forced to grind.

Boring doesn't add depth to play. And giving us choices on what to "grind" doesn't take away from the game.

Digging head enchants being removed.
    Gnome Pride!

cool one less piece of gear that I have to remember to enchant.

I like the removal of head/shoulder enchants from vendors, but I don't agree with the rest...

Scribes should focus on boosting stuff not creating new stuff - the profession is past it's target.
    They should be able to boost enchants/gems/armor kits/what not, but not create anything.
    Let's say a you as a jeweler create a Brilliant Queen's Garnet gem, a scribe should boost that gem to +60 (low) and +75int (high). you craft Enchant Bracer - Agility, a scribe should boost it to +60 and +75 agility. That's what a scribe should do, not create new stuff, especially not enchants since he has nothing to do with it.

Goes for all professions tbh, for example tailors shouldn't do leg enchants and cloak enchants.

But as it is now is just filler, 'cause crafted stuff from most professions is just crap (2 minutes later from when you get a recipe), so each profession needs something to be worth taking, so we get this filler shit that gives professions some use, which is flawed.

Deleted
    WoW, a game that the world "forced", has been used for so many features and elements of the game, that putting them all together i can't help not to think, how millions of people are playing this game for years!

"Forced" to travel
    "Forced" to use talent trees
    "Forced" to raid 25s
    "Forced" to be social to do GROUP and RAID activities.
    And now "Forced" to grind rep for item enchants!

I wonder what else we are "forced" to do that we don't know of yet!

At the same time, the world "choice" is WoW trademark. It is quite amazing how they are using it!

"Choice" to deactivate your buff or boss'es nerf in raid
    "Choice" to use or not to use RDF
    "Choice" to use and not to use LFR
    "Choice" to raid 10 or 25 (one of my favorites :P)

And now choice in "how to play" thus we delete the head enchant, lol?

Whatever...

Blizzard: We're removing content but we're going to keep charging you the same monthly fee!

WoW Community: Yay less things to do! Thanks Blizzard! I <3 WoW!

They just keep dumbing down this piece of shit game dont they....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archidamos View Post
    WoW, a game that the world "forced", has been used for so many features and elements of the game, that putting them all together i can't help not to think, how millions of people are playing this game for years!
    I don't know anyone enjoys grinding for head enchants fun. I would love a Drake of the West wind and various other items that rep gives, but since I don't enjoy that aspect of the game I don't do it; it's not worth it

I'm just starting DS heroic, and I don't have rep enchants. As a healer, I feel obligated to get every single stat point that I can, because the difference with each new item is pretty noticeable. Almost everything that I need can be acquired from doing raids, including the money I need to upgrade gems from +40 int to +50. This works for me, since I enjoy raids.

The enchant requires that I either except a stat loss (which isn't acceptable to min/maxers) or get involved in a lengthy rep grind. This makes many players feel "forced" to play a side of wow that they don't like, in order to acquire an item that isn't even fun. Some raid members will actually point out stat losses from not having particular enchants, and tell players to get them. Yes we can refuse, but with so many players relying on us (healers and tanks in particular), it's hard to justify.

I feel that necessary raid items should be available via raids, dungeon items via dungeons, pvp via pvp etc. That way players can stick with what they prefer to do. Removing this head enchant is a small but meaningful step towards making this happen.

I really don't see what the big deal is, it's a very minor change, and there are plenty of grinds to be found in WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Not overly bothered about head enchants.. rep grinding was already simplified heavily in cata with the tabard system so w/e
    Psyfiend looks like a murlok ghost

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Well it's still there on those i have in the bank, and it's like that on the beta since I couldn't use those given on the pre-made Monk.
    Yeah, the arcanums purchased prior to the fix still require rep. It seems that instead of fixing them they simply replaced with new versions sold by vendors, as the fixed arcanums had different item I.D. numbers than the ones purchased early in the expansion.

Might as well remove gear and give all players same stats because its boring to grind items, oh and enchants.. they are mandatory and is a MUST. might as well remove them.

Couldn't they just have put a head enchant that requires exalted (like usually) at every compatible faction? If they didn't want to put it in just 1, then put it in all of them? (And I don't mean ALL reputations in MoP now)

Quote Originally Posted by Leodegrance View Post
    This site stopped being a WoW only site when Curse took over.

Curse deals with multiple games and so to does MMO Champion now.

only Diablo 3 and WoW news now anyway, there's no Guild wars 2, Rift, Star wars, starcraft and so on.

It seems MMO-Champion only does blizzard games. except Starcraft.

Head enchants are gone.

We decided that putting head enchants on the various faction vendors wasn't working well with our design intent for the factions. There is a lot of max-level quest content in MoP, much of it focused around the reputation with the new factions. I think it's really cool stuff -- worlds away from the old Argent Dawn scourge stone days.
    Maybe I'm in the minority here but I liked the Argent Dawn/scourge stone days from Vanilla. What was wrong with it exactly, besides that it took a little time and effort to hit Exalted?

Couldn't they just put ALL the enchants in every faction instead of removing it?
    Dumbing down the game is the only phrase I can think of right now.