Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'm of the same mind. If it was only transmitted by being bitten the threat would be long gone before it ever came to "apocolyptic" level. There's not a chance in hell a bunch of mindless zombies would take out the military of every country on earth, not to mention the civilians that spend as much time at the firing range as a typical soldier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zombies would lose, plain and simple. Unless they have a disease that can travel through the air and affect others, there is no way that millions of people would be able to get infected, especially not in the US where pretty much everyone can wield a gun. Zombies are slow, unintelligent, and have weapons like nails and teeth. It's like a handicapped person, except for the fact that the Zombie wants to eat you (Unless that handicapped person was a cannibal. Man, I can find weird exceptions).

I always find Zombies laughable in terms of horror, since I just can't imagine something like that to be threatening, but instead extremely gross and sad. At least in fantasy they have super human strength and are not necessarily dumb or slow, while a Zombie in real life would be inferior to a regular person in every possible way imaginable.

No, I can't respect Zombies as a particulary scary monster unless certain conditions are met.

The CDC (center for disease control) is the most efficient and fastest moving part of the government. Faster than the fucking military in certain situations.

And epidemic, especially something like a zombie epidemic would give them special abilities not normally given to them AKA the allowance to quarantine any area they need to and call in military assistance without dealing with the regular chain of command.

If there was a real zombie outbreak the CDC would be out there with hazmat suites, guns, and air support within 6 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can only overcome zombie outbreaks if they occur via blood or chemical means. An air-based outbreak can only be maintained.
    Last edited by Anjerith; 2012-05-31 at 06:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Shamblers would never have a chance to spread.
    Runners would be different though.

If the virus is only transmitted with bites, less risks. If it's airborn, everyone's toast.

Most zombie movies rely on the people in it being complete nitwits.
    If It's like Dawn of the dead versions of running ( RM ) / 28 days later type. The infection would would be ridiculously fast however yes shambling horrors / Slow types will have problems.

( All though 28 days later zombies aren't exactly zombies )

10+ Year Old Account
    haha I can't help doing the same thing when I watch movies "why don't they do this" "what are they doing!", good times.

But yeah, depending on how many there are people should be able to kill them off easily, I mean people aren't as stupid as they are on the films (or so I hope) so there would be fewer zombies around and more people shooting them and bashing them to death rather than trying to escape all the time. On the Walking Dead for example there's always huge hordes of zombies in certain places and they know they're always there, I don't see why they don't raid a gun shop or something and chuck a grenade in the middle of them, because they've already got a shit load of guns from somewhere.. I assume grenades wouldn't be too hard to get :>
    Last edited by TJ; 2012-05-31 at 07:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are so many zombie apocalypse threads, I don't think we need another one. Feel free to search for others.