Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    So if you do not like your (and my) generation please dont look at the next generation or you will die due heartattack...
    Believe me its still getting worse...

What happened in my country is too much just giving out. When people with no education and no skills live basically the same life than people who get a job (meaning a low pay hard job) the result is people prefer to stay at home and live of government money (taxpayer money). Let me explain, if you dropped out of school and the only position you can get pays minimal salary you get a little bit more money than people who live on welfare. Do you seriously think people will work 40 hours a week for a little extra money and not stay home and just receive checks?! This has been going on for generations and getting worse. Welfare should be for people who actually need it not for everyone.

There was this video some years ago about this rapper (ODB) who goes on a limousine to get his welfare check and he actually gets it! Prime example of hardworking taxpayer dollars at work.

Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6DlFehh0SQ
    Last edited by Gotjuice; 2012-05-31 at 11:00 PM.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice View Post
    What happened in my country is too much just giving out. When people with no education and no skills live basically the same life than people who get a job (meaning a low pay hard job) the result is people prefer to stay at home and live of government money (taxpayer money). Let me explain, if you dropped out of school and the only position you can get pays minimal salary you get a little bit more money than people who live on welfare. This has been going on for generations and getting worse. Welfare should be for people who actually need it not for everyone.

There was this video some years ago about this rapper (ODB) who goes on a limousine to get his welfare check and he actually gets it! Prime example of hardworking taxpayer dollars at work.
    What country is this? ANd off topic, your signature made me laugh :-D

I live in Puerto Rico which is a lets call it colony (but our political status is quite complex) of the US.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

10+ Year Old Account
    You should watch the movie Greenberg with Ben Stiller. It's not a particularly enjoyable film, but your post made me think of it.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1234654/

Here's a scene from the movie. Note he is not talking about "your generation" in this clip
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPxW_-St6EQ

Like others said, you can't really accuse a whole generation of being lazy because of your one specific experience. That doesn't change the fact that apparently your sister and Captain Carl of the USS Panic Attack are total losers leeching off the system. There have been other threads about people who take advantage in similar ways and it always turns into a flame fest of how to weed out leeches from people that need the help. The fact that people can just 'not feel like working' and go on government assistance with what appears to be general ease is a bad system and needs some re-working.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emberhelm View Post
    MSo my question is, how in the hell did my generation get so messed up?
    As a FYI, every generation since the beginning of time has thought that the current or upcoming generation is messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Emberhelm View Post
    So my wife's sister
    Pics please

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FathomFear View Post
    As a FYI, every generation since the beginning of time has thought that the current or upcoming generation is messed up.
    Yeah, it's crazy what the ancient Romans used to say about moral decline and how much better older generations were, no matter what era they were in.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

People have been complaining about the "young generation" and their attitudes and lack of work ethic and morals since Ancient Greece. And I mean that literally, since it was Socrates who made that complaint.

Most people I know that are my age work and go to school. The economy is ridiculous right now - being a full-time student and not working is actually pretty rare, at least in California. The biggest reason this generation is complained about is the standard iphones, facebook, etc. Sorry, but that's bullshit - take public transportation in California and be amazed at how many young people are doing it because owning a vehicle is too much money.

As far as the OP's story, it sucks but it's not the norm. Most people don't like going through life knowing they're societal leeches.