Adds still following AND attacking during smoke screen

Any1 else having this problem? Frustrates the hell outta me.
    It's not like they are heading to the last spot they seen me, they are following me and attempting to box me in/swing on me during the 1 1/2 sec smoke screen is active.

Same with WD's spirit walk. I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure D3 uses the same networking setup as Wow. And there's lots of stuff like that in wow - ever registered a hit from a mob that stopped following you half a minute ago? Yeah.

Oh and yeah, vanish bug.
    Last edited by Pokot; 2012-05-31 at 09:14 PM.

I agree with Pokot, when I pop spirit walk they ignore it and chase after me. This is OT but I hate how melee mobs can hit me way outside of their reach, it is really frustrating as I am stuck in late act 2 inferno.

Deleted
    ive found the same problem, just put vault on instead

Yet another broken thing in this game. Private inferno beta testers were apparently morons.

Really considering taking advantage of the 30 day refund policy, not sure how long farming one or two monsters is going to last. Some mechanics in act3 (leapers/teleporters) and act4 (chargers) are unavoidable. I dont see my self enjoying these type's of fights long term.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokot View Post
    Same with WD's spirit walk. I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure D3 uses the same networking setup as Wow. And there's lots of stuff like that in wow - ever registered a hit from a mob that stopped following you half a minute ago? Yeah.
    On that regard, I believe you might be referring to the thrown effects, such as an axe from the Vrykul in Northrend or gargoyle "spit". You've long since taken the damage (calculated after they cast it, since you can't actually evade it), it's just the animation will follow you forever until it eventually hits, or until you leave the instance, zone, or server, such as hearthing home before it strikes.

OT: I stopped using it for that very reason and switched to vault, which still regularly sends me right back into the mobs

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find that the confusion ability from the Enchantress is rather spotty as well. Sometimes it'll go and smack a friendly guard instead of the enemy (Act 3) or it'll simply do nothing/run away when it's right in the middle of a pack of mobs.

/shrug
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

smoke screen = vanish

vanish bugged in wow for 5-6 years?

both games made by blizzard....you see what the futures holds.

Deleted
    Yeah, had the same issue. Not always but happens quite often. Pretty frustrating, which is why I also have started to favor Vault. Won't help much against Vortex but otherwise, I think Vault is better than a lot of people give it credit for. It lets you kite mobs around in a very small space and has the added benefit of letting you pass through aoe and such effects without harm. That's particularly useful against the arcane laserbeams. If you want to use both, but lack extra discipline, you can also spec to the Acrobatics rune, which essentially lets you use it for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    On that regard, I believe you might be referring to the thrown effects, such as an axe from the Vrykul in Northrend or gargoyle "spit". You've long since taken the damage (calculated after they cast it, since you can't actually evade it), it's just the animation will follow you forever until it eventually hits, or until you leave the instance, zone, or server, such as hearthing home before it strikes.
    No, I wasn't talking about animations. I won't explain it in detail because frankly I don't remember very well but at some point in TBC they changed something to easen the burden of the servers and it was pretty obvious. That's when the infamous vanish bug has gotten way worse etc. And you could run through a mob and he'd hit you just once but that hit only registered at some point after the mob has already evaded. You could hear the sound of an attack and a combat text message with incoming damage.

I won't lie I couldn't recreate the same situation just now but I only ran around Elvynn a couple of minutes.

Deleted
    If your templar or another player already did damage to the mob (even boss) then he should turn to them. And not return after the SS ends. That's my experience anyway, not sure if it applies at all times but generally it works like that for me.

When I use SS solo (templar dead) then the mobs either get slightly confused for like 0,5s and then go after me or they just stay stuck right on me but obviously don't attack while SS is up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    If your templar or another player already did damage to the mob (even boss) then he should turn to them. And not return after the SS ends. That's my experience anyway, not sure if it applies at all times but generally it works like that for me.

When I use SS solo (templar dead) then the mobs either get slightly confused for like 0,5s and then go after me or they just stay stuck right on me but obviously don't attack while SS is up.
    Yes, it should but it can be buggy sometimes. It actually happens frequently for me, when I SS and the mob either continues to walk towards me or sits next to me until my SS wears off. I think someone explained it that the problem presented itself, or at least got worse, when they nerfed the SS cd, that it messes with the AI of the mobs somehow. Can't remember entirely how it worked.