One Wheel Wizard presents: Spellbound

Hello, MMO-Champion forum-goers. I'd like to share with you information about Spellbound, the premiere title from One Wheel Wizard, an independent group based in Atlanta, Georgia. This post will be regularly updated to reflect additions to the game. We can be found on Facebook at facebook.com/onewheelwizard and at onewheelwizard.com

Spellbound is an online multiplayer spell-flinger based on the UDK engine where wizards fight for dominance using a wide variety of spells from simple damage-dealing blasts of lightning(Shock) to complex vials that slow and heal you, then burn you based on the amount healed(Icy Hot Tonic) to area-controlling spells which help you influence the movement of your opponent (Seed of Fire, Fae Fire), to escape and closing spells (Rush and Dark Storm). Nineteen spells are currently implemented and we have plans for upwards of 60 total abilities. Your arsenal is restricted to five spells at a time; you can queue new spells in, but they won't change right away. The limit of five spells, the variety of spells, your personal play style, and the tactics of your opponents combine to create an action/fighting game with lots of depth. If you've ever played Super Smash Bros, the feel of the game is fairly similar: chaotic brawling (but with spells!) where skilled players can learn the nuances and ins and outs of every spell to come up with their own tactics and become master wizards. We plan to have a single-player demo available for download June 4th or 5th(depending on whether or not, quote, "If anything catastrophic happens."). I'll update the post with a link to that when it goes live.

Here's our introductory video. More videos are available on our youtube channel (youtube.com/onewheelwizard). Most have our skype chat left in so you can get to know us better and get some insights into where we're taking the game.

Our music is being composed by ArtificialFear: youtube.com/ArtificialFear

Here are a few features that we're working on:
    - updated UI and spell/health display
    - customizing your wizard with hats and staves
    - more spells
    - new maps
    - a variety of gameplay modes

Spellbound is currently scheduled for a Fall release, but in order to make that deadline, our Kickstarter needs to be successful. If you're unfamiliar with Kickstarter, it's a program where donors receive rewards for supporting projects. Some of the things we are offering is access to beta testing, shirts featuring our logo, and the opportunity to consult with us on the design of a level or spell that you want to see implemented in the game.

Please feel free to ask questions and make comments! This game is a lot of fun and we look forward to sharing it with the world.

Content update #1: Basic animations are now in. And don't mind our developer in this vid, he's ranting that everyone thought our MS-paint UI was the final version.

Last edited by llDemonll; 2012-06-04 at 12:02 AM.

when i read one wheel wizard i thought of that video where the guy plays a mage in PVP with a driving simulator steering wheel.

Thought he might have moved on to d3, hehe.

Great videos though.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Closing this but I will be nice and not snip some of your links out. We aren't a front for you to advertise your company or game without having prior approval from the mods/admins
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right