Poll: Is Jaina's new character something you're looking forward to?

Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Watch, as your beloved Warcraft character goes from neutral bystander to crazed raid boss in just a single expansion!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Watch, as your beloved Warcraft character goes from neutral bystander to crazed raid boss in just a single expansion!
    theres more dammed truth to this then I care to joke about.

Jaina use to be a rock, someone who was steadfast in her belief and that achieving a greater goal mattered.

Now she's become just another throw away character, a foil for someone else. If anything, Jaina's going to be Varian's foil, since he's meant to become a more level headed leader and a better ruler who understands the importance of peace, where as Jaina will just be a psycho with loot.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 01:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    That was when she was still dealing with Theramore's destruction and the effects of the mana bomb though.
    Jaina made it clear to Thrall, after kalec calmed her, that there once great friendship has been broken, and she can't trust him or any other orc anymore. She's shown no sign of this attitude changing.

It was one of my favourite things in the story, that despite the war between H&A always there on or under the surface, Jaina and Thrall were still friends despite it. That times now gone, and the story doesn't feel like it has depth anymore with so much of the recent lore changes.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2013-01-27 at 01:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    theres more dammed truth to this then I care to joke about.

Jaina use to be a rock, someone who was steadfast in her belief and that achieving a greater goal mattered.

Now she's become just another throw away character, a foil for someone else. If anything, Jaina's going to be Varian's foil, since he's meant to become a more level headed leader and a better ruler who understands the importance of peace, where as Jaina will just be a psycho with loot.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 01:50 AM ----------

Jaina made it clear to Thrall, after kalec calmed her, that there once great friendship has been broken, and she can't trust him or any other orc anymore. She's shown no sign of this attitude changing.

It was one of my favourite things in the story, that despite the war between H&A always there on or under the surface, Jaina and Thrall were still friends despite it. That times now gone, and the story doesn't feel like it has depth anymore with so much of the recent lore changes.
    True, but I was mostly responding to the 'nearly killing Thrall' part of it. If you don't like the story that's fair enough, but I find the developments to be interesting personally.

Just because YOU don't like the status quo you loved being changed doesn't make it a bad story. I think that giving Jaina a snapping point adds depth to her rather than making her a mary sue that can take anything without ever changing. While I don't play Horde, I find the storyline of a corrupt warchief an interesting one and am enjoying seeing the internal politics of the Horde races playing out as they move closer and closer to revolting. I like seeing Thrall's refusal to get involved, for better or worse, having consequences for their friendship. I think that Jaina seeing that Thrall's ideas do not represent his entire race is interesting. Sure, they're not all Garroshs, but the orcs aren't all Thralls either. If anything I'd say Vereesa's more likely to become a boss than Jaina. In 5.2's audio files, we see her once again focusing most of her hatred at Garrosh. "There can be no lasting peace so long as Garrosh Hellscream is Warchief" suggesting that she wouldn't be opposed to peace once he's gone, as well as Taran Zhu being able to talk her and Lor'themar down to a temporary 'let's not kill eachother right now' agreement. Jaina's character development isn't finished, nor is Thrall's or Varian's or Garrosh's.
    Last edited by Florena; 2013-01-27 at 04:25 PM.