10+ Year Old Account

Player Housing :)

lol!! somewhere, wow players are crying en masse right now

never played rift but I just find it interesting Rift came out with the 1 feature all wow-players are constantly crying for

hahaha. salt. wound. rub.

Twitter: @EsmeraldoC

Deleted
    No idea where you got that 'all wow-players' are constantly crying for player housing to be honest... I'm very happy hanging out in Valley of Wisdom with my guild, I get to interact with other guilds and see what's going on.

Grats on the feature in your chosen game, but don't assume that the rather larger player base of WoW pine for such things. Some do, some don't.

They will close this just as a FYI, but there are a whole slew of features implemented in Rift that are basically straight out of the WoW suggestion forums. The entire damn game is based on the WoW suggestion forums from 2009 in my view lol

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by charlieprince View Post
    lol!! somewhere, wow players are crying en masse right now

never played rift but I just find it interesting Rift came out with the 1 feature all wow-players are constantly crying for

hahaha. salt. wound. rub.
    I'm a wow player. I also play rift. I see no use for player houseing and see it as a waste of development time.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

housing is a matter that when asked in the previus blizzcon why did they choose POKEMON and not housing Chilton(i think he answered)said that POKEMON was cheaper and something they did on the side while housing wasnt something they were willing to spend money

So if the CEO of blizz answers specifically to a question like that it might that people actually want it but Blizz doesnt care fore the time being.

But after RIFT and GW2 probably they will implement it,like they did with the wardrobe thing,which many of us(was a wow player back then :P )asked but the devs saying no for years and a great deal of people where..."i dont see the reason to do that and its a waste of time"and when they anounce it i remember here on the forum it was like "Fashion week azeroth" :P with posts of what to wear and where to find it and how to mats armors :P
    Last edited by antonatsis; 2012-06-01 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by antonatsis View Post
    housing is a matter that when asked in the previus blizzcon why did they choose POKEMON and not housing Chilton(i think he answered)said that POKEMON was cheaper and something they did on the side while housing wasnt something they were willing to spend money

So if the CEO of blizz answers specifically to a question like that it might that people actually want it but Blizz doesnt care fore the time being.
    The typical CEO BS from not just Blizzard, but other companies has been "The player demand is not there and the forums are no a good reflection of what the overall community wants". Under that BS statement the overall community of WoW wanted Pokemon style battle system......

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    I'm a wow player. I also play rift. I see no use for player houseing and see it as a waste of development time.
    Yeah i kinda agree. In games like UO and SW:G they were just some place to put my excess crap but i know a few people that went mental over them. Especially in UO when they brought in customization. A few people i knew back then went crazy over them. All they would do was build the 'Perfect' house over a few days. Then a week later you would recall to the house and it would be a dirt plot again. Depending on how they do it i can see lots and lots of people would love the feature.

I guess that big thing will be the guild houses. They will have alot of mileage. One of the big things everyone seemed to be looking forward to in TOR was the big 'Capital Ships' for guilds. I can see big guild houses being well received.

Yeah, these kinds of threads aren't productive. If you want to discuss player housing, cool, but let's not trash talk other games playerbase or start game vs. game threads.