God no. Horrific.

That's definitely interesting...

how does it track that stuff? what if you facepalm? will your characters face proceed to look like the back of your hand?
    Brings more meaning to the phrase "Talk to the hand" i suppose...

Surprised no one has cottoned on to the potential for having a penis face...

Seems like only one of you actually read the article...

That's an interesting concept, I can definitely see it filtering into more games over time.
    I don't really see much of a use for it off the top of my head. Other than the obvious that is.
    Still a fairly neat idea though, especially interesting to see EQ2 still innovating.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that over time this kind of tech will probably get implemented in more games. It's not for me though, I don't roleplay, and if I did I certainly wouldn't want to be forced to act IRL what my char is doing, cause my facial expression from IRL is showing. Much too lazy for that.

Rift doesn't have the kind of RP support needed for a feature like this to make sense. It would just seem out of place and wouldn't really be supported by the kind of features EQ2 has.

I mean, it would be pretty interesting, but I don't see it being something worth the investment for Trion. EQ2 has a much bigger RP community so this is something that would be much more useful and of much more interest to them as a whole.

Mwuahaha.. finally I can live out my dream of becoming my level 92 Ratonga Inquisitor... /facepalm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Rift doesn't have the kind of RP support needed for a feature like this to make sense. It would just seem out of place and wouldn't really be supported by the kind of features EQ2 has.

I mean, it would be pretty interesting, but I don't see it being something worth the investment for Trion. EQ2 has a much bigger RP community so this is something that would be much more useful and of much more interest to them as a whole.
    I'm not certain if this is something they would add or develop into the game but there is an entire area for RP in the achievements sections so I'm inclined to think that RP is in their sites at some point for the game. Weddings and the related achievements are already in the RP section of achievements.

Deleted
    Not worth it, would take to much bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    I am horrified at the thought of ERPers around the world using this.

Its bad enough accidentally catching the chat in a game, but watching the persons gurning fap face transferred to his avatar?

Lordy no...
    Funny, people were saying the exact same thing about voip in games when it first emerged, people masturbating via mic, making fart noises and other retarded bs, but aside from a few individuals here and there (who are weird in real life most of the time anyway) that doesnt happen much.

It's another step into VR tech, resistance is futile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its good tech, people just want to hate it.