European Diablo.

what makes it different form the US or Asia ? why is European service not online for a single day without having an issue with servers ?

i don't know much about the US or Asia, but European for the past week is just not playable.. every 6 hours the AH will go down or servers restarts or some shit like that...

now i do not want offline gameplay, because i believe online is much better. but why can't blizzard keep the European service up ? it seems so challenging for them to keep the server up for 24 hour without going down.

It's much, much worse in Asia. It's not much better in the USA.

It's simple, Blizzard is struggling to cope and the high volume traffic has brought forward problems that could not realistically be experienced in Beta or In-House testing. It's frustrating but this is just a perfectly acceptable part of a new game release.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm peeing Diablo? /terriblepun

I think it's really due to the staggering amount of main languages that exist in Europe/Russia compared to US and Asia. They also have to separate restrictions based on the countries. I know Russia and Germany are very stingy about what games are allowed to do in their countries.

Asia has been having a lot of problems outside Korea (go figure), so you can't disclude that. Can't fathom the obsession of the accomplishments of a small country.

The US is pretty much the same about games throughout the country outside purchasing laws governed by the ESRB. It's really only an issue with time-zones.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Every night, "Service update". Sure, it's fine that they're apparently trying to fix issues, but it's getting to the point that even my patience is being tested. I don't play much during the day. I'm a night-time/early-morning gamer and tonight was going to be the first proper all-nighter since release running through all tonight and most of tomorrow. Now i'm sat here waiting for this update to finish being applied, wondering if i should actually just go to bed and forget it.
    Well, as an example.

Last night they said they'd do it from 3am to 5am. It started around 1am and didn't end before 6am.

Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    It's much, much worse in Asia. It's not much better in the USA.

It's simple, Blizzard is struggling to cope and the high volume traffic has brought forward problems that could not realistically be experienced in Beta or In-House testing. It's frustrating but this is just a perfectly acceptable part of a new game release.
    Disagree with this completely tbh, issues for the first week or so is acceptable and understandable on a new release, but blizzard have been doing online games for over a decade, they have had a lot of time to learn how to do releases. They also had access to the huge pre order numbers and knew what to expect, they could have been ready for the influx, ontop of both those facts they have a huge pool of resources given the size and wealth of the company.

Commodities on the AH in the EU have not been working for more than 3 days now, since weds patch every night there are errors with making games, sending whispers, retrieving gold from the AH and even using the AH.

More than two weeks after release and the same issues still occuring, it's very poor from a company that has so much experience and resources in this field.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Every night, "Service update". Sure, it's fine that they're apparently trying to fix issues, but it's getting to the point that even my patience is being tested. I don't play much during the day. I'm a night-time/early-morning gamer and tonight was going to be the first proper all-nighter since release running through all tonight and most of tomorrow. Now i'm sat here waiting for this update to finish being applied, wondering if i should actually just go to bed and forget it.
    Then you have to question yourself if the update is taking so long because of servers or because of administrator/agent.exe/firewall issues. *You were referring to maintenance. I thought you meant an actual update.(?)

(oh crap a moderator, I hope it wasn't my redneck joke)
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2012-06-02 at 01:59 AM.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.