Deleted

Woodcrafting and Logging

I went through the topics around here that contain the very logical Woodcrafting profession, but since I took the time a few weeks ago to stretch it further, I will show you where it's gotten me and everyone can give suggestions

I hope something good turns out from it.

I have posted it on the official forums, but decided that the 'environment' here is way more friendly, so here are my suggestions

Woodcrafting:

1. Produces:

a) Weapons:
    - Bows+Crossbows
    - Spears& Polearms (Should be taken away from Blacksmithing)
    - Boomerangs
    - Maces (MAYBE should be taken away from Blacksmithing)
    - Staves
    - Wands (If somehow decided to let them stay in the game, should be taken away from Enchanting)
    - Fishing poles (they work as weapons as well )
    - Daibos

b) Containers:
    - Beverage barrels (requires cooking and/or herbalism for a beverage with different, very useful, fun or strong effects)
    - Wooden boxes (for more than one item (decided additionally) in just one inventory slot)

c) Transportation devices:
    - Rafts
    - Boats
    - Stilts

d) Other/Misc:
    - Torches
    - Toothpics (When used after eating, gives some cute buffs)
    - Utensils
    - Parchment/Paper
    - Benches/Chairs
    - Tables (will have something to do with cooking/feasting)
    - Ladder

2.Use in party/raids, etc.

a) Spike fences pop up from the ground around the party, doing damage on mobs in a certain area and protecting the party members inside for a short amount of time

b) Trojan horse - When sent into a group of mobs, falls apart, letting out a huge number of little treants, dealing damage and distracting the mobs

3.Needs/Uses/Cooperates with:

a) Logging (see below)
    b) Blacksmithing
    c) Inscriptions
    d) Cooking
    e) Jewelcrafting
    f) Herbalism
    g) Cooking
    h) Enchanting

4.Helps with/in:

a) Blacksmithing
    b) Cooking
    c) Inscriptions
    d) Engineering

Logging:

Pretty much everything a logical gathering profession should have And there are plenty of trees in WoW Of course, sometimes, the player may find some useful sap or something very old, mummified in the sap :>
    Last edited by mmocc01ba3aaab; 2012-06-02 at 03:35 PM.

you forgot about them making target dummies for dps practice anywhere in the world :P

Deleted
    Rafts, Boats?

Hmm... this sounds interesting, imagine sailing from the eastern kingdoms to, say, the Undermine in a player boat?

That would be pretty cool for a South Seas expansion..

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always wanted a boat for fishing. Maybe something like a "unreliable bamboo boat" that only lasts 1 hour or something. I hate making elixir of water walking all the time!

Deleted
    I am glad you caught the idea I was a little worried that no one would like a boat when everyone's got a swimming mount, but I am very glad there are a lot of uses for it And the idea for a 1h boat is just great I'm an alchemist and a fisherman as well, so I know the pain with the elixirs. Lately I stopped making them and I fish like a regular player (a player with any other profession I mean ).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by controll View Post
    - Wands (If somehow decided to let them stay in the game, should be taken away from Jewelcrafting)
    Wands have NEVER been made by JCs..

However, I saw a blue post once, that wands will re-appear for enchanters, as they are main hand weapons for cloth users now...

10+ Year Old Account
    They could make trinkets too like Jewelcrafters!

Deleted
    Make people able to kill the boats owner and take his fish, oh the world PvP that would break out

Could be a fun secondary profession =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Wands have NEVER been made by JCs..

However, I saw a blue post once, that wands will re-appear for enchanters, as they are main hand weapons for cloth users now...
    Oh, ofc, I don't know why I wrote JC... going to fix it

And Kivimetsan, the trinkets are a good idea, I was also thinking of totems, charms... but a lot of the stuff is going away since Blizzard are taking out of the game everything (I think) off-hand.

Deleted
    but a lot of the stuff is going away since Blizzard are taking out of the game everything (I think) off-hand.
    Off-hands and shields are still ingame in MoP. What is going away is the "relic" slot. So the druid/shaman/paladin relics are gone, the wands as a statstick are gone, melee weapons for hunters are gone. Off-hands.... Are not. Everyone will have a mainhand and off-hand slot.

On topic:
    Bows and Crossbows are currently made by engineers. Boomerangs doesn't exist as weapons in this game. Daibo is really just another word for Staff. And Scribes will be able to craft staves in MoP. Changing all of this, as well as your other weapon suggestions, to implement Woodcrafting WOULD make sense, but also cause a lot more clutter than is needed for crafting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Off-hands and shields are still ingame in MoP. What is going away is the "relic" slot. So the druid/shaman/paladin relics are gone, the wands as a statstick are gone, melee weapons for hunters are gone. Off-hands.... Are not. Everyone will have a mainhand and off-hand slot.
    Ah, yeah, here I am - wrong again But I see you got my point

I'm not saying Boomerangs exist in the game already The new profession has to bring something new with itself, right?

Deleted
    I'm not saying Boomerangs exist in the game already The new profession has to bring something new with itself, right?
    Yes, which is why I concluded that it would cause more clutter.

Booms would be a new weapons type, but for who? The only real ranged non-caster class in MoP is the Hunter. The logical users of a boomerang would be warriors and rogues, like they use their current ranged weapons. But those are gone in MoP. So boomerangs would essentially only be used by hunters. And they already have 3 types of weapons to choose from. More clutter.

All in all, the new stuff the profession would bring, according to your suggestions, would be minor. Not enough to warrant it being a primary profession. And I really think we have enough of those already.

10+ Year Old Account
    taking the ability to make maces and other weapons from blacksmiths and giving them to woodcutter's is a bad idea.maces are metal and black smiths work with metal,woodcutters can stick to making bows and things from wood,see where im going?besides i collect/have old epics BS patterns,why in hell should they be taken away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could you supply a link to the public forums with this idea please? Loving it tbh and certainly wouldn't mind throwing some support on it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    Could you supply a link to the public forums with this idea please? Loving it tbh and certainly wouldn't mind throwing some support on it
    Here it is I'm glad you like it.

Deleted
    As i said before on similar threads, i'm really waiting for this profession!
    love the boats idea, Fishing should have this already,
    the beverage barrels idea is awesome and never heard it