Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    You are not supposed to go into public office because of the pay. It's supposed to be to "serve the people".
    People don't do any jobs unless they think they would be paid enough. Talking about "supposed to" is pointless.

Oh, I'm totally aware (and I actually originally had it included in my post) how much CEO's of corporations work. The funny thing? Their job, is nowhere near as important so I did't want it to sound like he should be getting more.
    Then you know why it is absurd to argue that the presidency should be paying less than these "nowhere near as important" jobs.

I'd be highly skeptical that when he flies ANYONE into the white house/dinners HE'S paying for it out his pocket/expense accounts.
    Then you'd be wrong. And perhaps you should look into what those expense accounts actually pay for, before convincing yourself that it is "undeserved pay".

---------- Post added 2012-06-02 at 08:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    The purpose is again, people in the "real-world" see a need for when things are tight (yea, I know 16 trillion is way past "tight") you need to cut areas of other expenses.
    Then start somewhere that would actually make a difference. Scrutinising politicians' pay is a political move that would do nothing for the budget crisis. Hence why I said it would serve no conceivable purpose whatsoever.

Most people that have been elected 20+ years only get reelected because of name recognition and nothing else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedleyazg View Post
    Most people that have been elected 20+ years only get reelected because of name recognition and nothing else.
    Tell that to Dick Lugar.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Tell that to Dick Lugar.
    Pete Stark has been in office longer and will more than likely get reelected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedleyazg View Post
    Pete Stark has been in office longer and will more than likely get reelected.
    Yeah, but that's just because winter is coming.