Running out of things to do.

Let me begin, I've played World Of Warcraft since the middle of The Burning Crusade, with the exception of taking a few breaks. Recently I've found the game
    dull.

I've played a few other games during the slow points of "wow". MineCraft, Star Wars: ToR, Rift (Some F2P weekend event, didn't really enjoy it), Recently I gave TERA a shot (didn't find much fun in the game), Finally the big blizzard name "Diablo 3" is released. I wasn't a hardcore Diablo fan. I didn't play 1, I've downloaded 2... but (Don't hate me for this) the graphics and pathing for character movement felt so ancient I couldn't get past it. Back to the point, Diablo 3 is a great game. I currently am in Inferno with a level 60 Wizard/Barbarian. I might be burnt out, or the hack N' slash style is just boring at this point. I'm looking for some new invigorating games with a lot of team work.

In all I only know of Guild Wars 2 being another potential game to play (along with Diablo, I've never played Guild Wars.)

TL;DR : I'm looking for A Multi-player, RPG or MMO. Before I go diving into the internet to find the game myself, I figured i'd ask the forums.

Deleted
    It's possible you're just burned out on gaming in general, I'd suggest taking a break from it and focusing on one of your other hobbies for a while. Then when you feel up to it, return and hopefully your enthusiasm will be reignited! Forcing yourself to play games for the sake of it may dampen your interest across the board.

I'm experiencing the exact same thing OP, I've played WoW, on and off, since Classic, as I'm burnt out as well. And just like you, I tried to alleviate the problem with new games in all sorts of genres: Rift, SWTOR, TERA, LOTRO, Minecraft, Diablo III (made it to Hell on my DH, but now I find it hard to play more than a few minutes at a time) but nothing has stuck.

The only game I truly enjoy nowadays is StarCraft II, and a little bit of Civilization V every now and then. I especially like playing StarCraft II with real-life friends, I suggest trying it out. Gaming with real-life friends adds that social aspect that can be refreshing. But honestly, I spend more time watching other people play (SC2 streams, Minecraft streams) than playing myself.

I think that I may just be burnt out on gaming, like Taenathal suggested. Regardless, I'm looking forward to other responses in the thread, hopefully we both find a solution!

Edit: I am looking forward to GW2 and Mists (I think I may get back into casual raiding once it is released), but neither of those has a confirmed release date.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-06-02 at 02:25 PM.

I thought that might have been a cause as well, I do have other hobbies, I'm a Musician; in a few local bands, I also work / go to college, but its summer, work is only part time with no room for full time, Gaming is what passes the time when I don't have much else to do. I have taken break from gaming for weeks at a time but right now my schedule is just so open, its to hot out side, and television is a lost cause for entertainment.

It just feels like such a great time to play video games, but yet all the video games feel dull.

maybe its time for me to get another job just to fill that spare time, haha

10+ Year Old Account
    I had the same thing happening to me a while back. I played WoW from release until July of last year when I got terribly bored with it and just about everything else. But then when I couldn't play anything for 3 months and went back home, I found it surprising how much fun I found in games once again, WoW included. That time off doing other stuff can do wonders!

I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl now knowing Diablo3 is waiting for me. And so are Tera, the MoP beta, and anything else I can get my hands on!

Deleted
    without getting banned, there is other things to do, join a book/film club take up bowling or squash, have a family collect matchboxs or even do a jigaws, there is other thing to do than play pc games,

Same thing happened to me but then I found my love for single player games.. played bunch of really great ones: dragon age, mass effect, fable, witcher.. assassin's creed!! dam just too many to name

Try out the Mass Effect series if you haven't already.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    After trying out all the new MMO RPG that are out or coming (Aion, rift, trea online, SW, MOP beta, GW2 beta etc) the only one i am looking forward to is GW2.

There are some nice solo games out like Mass effect 3 and kingdoms of amalur reckoning but unfortunately unless you have console the decent solo games are few and far between

Deleted
    I'm having the same problem. I'm going through a hardcore gaming burn out.

It started a month ago when I was moving together with my girlfriend. Since then my interest for games decreased dramatically. Don't get me wrong, we've been together since six years now; the situation isn't really new to me. But I neither take the time for an excessive gaming evening anymore, nor am I overly interested in it anyway.

- WoW is dead till MoP. Nothing to do anymore. My raid can't raise 10 volunteers for the last 2 heroic encounters.
    - Diablo 3 is boring and a stupid grind fest.
    - I've got no money for an state-of-the-art FPS (BF or MW)
    - I'm through with Minecraft
    - I'm through with Deus Ex/L.A. Noire/Dragon Age/Might and Magic etc.
    - Skyrim takes soooo long with sidequests, but every dungeon looks the same.
    - with 40h @ work my spare time is very precious

I've started gaming in the early ninties, so I really miss some of the oldschool economy simulations (sim city/rollercoaster tycoon etc.) and round based strategy games (jagged alliance 2, fallout 1-2). Some of that would really fill the emptiness in my MMO-tortured heart. But everywhere I seem to look only MMORPGs, RPGs, Sportgames and Shooters survived as genres. It's all the same.

Maybe I'm just getting to "old" for this at the age of 27 ;-)
    Last edited by mmoc5461ee9f4c; 2012-06-02 at 05:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    See if you can find a copy of Dungeon Keeper 2 somewhere; that game will change your life.

Edit: http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/dungeon_keeper_2
    Last edited by Berri; 2012-06-02 at 05:50 PM.

I strongly advise you to look into the Witcher 1 and 2, it is not multiplayer; however, it is one of the better RPGs released in a very long time. Also, if you are a Elder Scrolls fan, they just announced the expansion to that a little while ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by medanielle View Post
    see if you can find a copy of dungeon keeper 2 somewhere; that game will change your life.

Edit: http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/dungeon_keeper_2
    dk1 > dk2 ^^

EVE Online, you either love it or you hate it...

I'm one of the persons loving it, a world of endless possibilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroTeal View Post
    In all I only know of Guild Wars 2 being another potential game to play (along with Diablo, I've never played Guild Wars.)
    my advice is do some research here Guild Wars 2 info thread and then GW2 Main site, ArenaNet Blog site, GW2 Wiki and ask any questions you may have here. though keep in mind that some of the info is now outdated as the game is still in beta and things are still being tweaked.

if you like what you have read and watched and you have $60 dollars to spare then i recommend going here: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchase (pay for the game in full upfront and get guaranteed access to all the BWEs until release and other goodies).
    if you do not have the cash or are skeptical even after research then i recommend trying your luck here: Guild Wars 2 BWE2 code giveaways

and i feel your pain, but for me it's because after playing in the GW2 BWE1 and Stress Test, i struggle to play TERA, SWTOR, TSW, Firefall (though the game still has very far to go, and for now it can be fun for a few hours at a time, so i can only see it improving).
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

If you have a console, check out Dark souls (or wait for it to come out on PC in August) It's a single player action RPG, but at any time, other players can invade your game, and either help you kill enemies, or attack you. Good fun. Alternatively, if you want a great MMO, try Guild Wars 1. it's a b2p model, so you pay ~$30 for the first 3 games, and no sub fee. The community is awesome and there is enough content to occupy yourself with for literally a few years.

Read some books.

Deleted
    Buy a slingshot and take your dog on long walks, kill many pigeons.

If you don't have a dog, buy one.

I've hit a brick wall with games myself too recently, Diablo 3 occupied me for like half a week now i'm bored again . Need that special MMO to come out to consume my time again, sadly I don't think there will be one for a while.