Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    wow cool research I never even realized there were different kinds of goblins lol

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the testing, I would be interested in seeing a larger sample size.

I'll pay attention to the goblins I kill and try to contribute. I'll also include location that they spawned.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Yes 2 runs for each was low, very low to be exact.
    I will post in the OP anyone that wants to message me, or post here what goblin they killed, and what it dropped.
    I myself will also try to find some more goblins and post better results.
    Not only will this be fun, but educational for readers. :P
    Also, slightly fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a pretty cool concept, but the sample size is obviously too small. It doesn't mean that certain types drop more of something or even at all tho. Pretty interesting imo.

i don't remember which type it was, but i killed one once that dropped 7 or 8 gems but no magic items.

Quote Originally Posted by k8e View Post
    i don't remember which type it was, but i killed one once that dropped 7 or 8 gems but no magic items.
    Probably the same as what gave just gems on my OP.

The one I hate is the one who opens the portal and ignores me beating on him to jump through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    The one I hate is the one who opens the portal and ignores me beating on him to jump through it.
    This brings another interesting point, I have noticed it also. While i really didnt notice different looks I didnt notice different names, but never paid attention that much. But as the quote says, there does seem some goblins that stop casting the portal when attacking them and some that just keep opening and escape. Wonder which one(s) those are and if it is designed like this and loot table is different or better, or if its just a coincidence.

As to other comments, I have to agree there definetely seems to be different loot tables ie the mutiple gems and tome ones

Anywhere specific I can find them to farm?

If you have issues killin them, btw, I have found that you can run past them without aggro, shoot them in the face, and send them running back towards the dungeon entrance. This is vastly superior to chasing them into rares and elites.

Just thought I'd share my tactics =D

I always thought they stopped making the portal if you stunned or otherwise interrupted them (which I think happens if an attack hits a monster for a large enough proportion of its HP pool or something). Not sure though.

Here's a few quirks I've noticed with Goblins/Pygmies that I thought I'd share.

- Attacks that would otherwise interrupt a mob, will interrupt a Goblin's portal cast. These are usually attacks made in rapid succession, such as WD's Darts with Splinters Rune, a successful pierce on DH's Hungering Arrow. (Tested with both classes)
    - Some of them are snareable, some are IMMUNE to snares.
    - I have not had a successful CC (Hex, confuse, et al.) go off on any of them.
    - Followers will ALWAYS automatically attack them, at about the 3/4 screen distance. If you play with a follower, keep this in mind, and ensure your FOLLOWER (not you) is at least > 3/4 screen away, if you want to clear the area first.
    - The Goblins ARE "Herdable" - in that their AI dictates they will run "away" from you. You can reverse-kite them to a map edge or a corner for an easy kill.
    - Corners seem to confuse the Goblin AI, and if you manage to get a Goblin into a corner, you can plink away at it, while it runs back and forth over a small distance in the corner.
    - It APPEARS that while a Goblin will run away from you, if there is a large (minimum number unknown) group of mobs within about a screen's distance of the Goblin, it WILL run towards/through it, even if it means running towards the player character.

Well, that's all I can think of, off the top of my head. I hope some of this helps some people out in their Goblin hunting!

lol I must say that I never noticed the difference in them. All I knew is that they had my loot and had to die fast, did not pay attention to their names. Next time though I will!
    Cheap Diablo 3 Gear and more! www.Gnomegates.com

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    All the goblins will open a portal at some point that cannot be interrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    All the goblins will open a portal at some point that cannot be interrupted.
    You can, however, knock a goblin away from a portal if you time it right.

You can knock them away at any time before they open their "final portal", and after they start channeling their final portal, they seem to be generally immune to most knockbacks, however, every once in a while one would go through. I've had intermediate success with booting them away from their "final portal" with lashing tail/armada.

Quote Originally Posted by wreliq View Post
    Here's a few quirks I've noticed with Goblins/Pygmies that I thought I'd share.

- Attacks that would otherwise interrupt a mob, will interrupt a Goblin's portal cast. These are usually attacks made in rapid succession, such as WD's Darts with Splinters Rune, a successful pierce on DH's Hungering Arrow. (Tested with both classes)
    - Some of them are snareable, some are IMMUNE to snares.
    - I have not had a successful CC (Hex, confuse, et al.) go off on any of them.
    - Followers will ALWAYS automatically attack them, at about the 3/4 screen distance. If you play with a follower, keep this in mind, and ensure your FOLLOWER (not you) is at least > 3/4 screen away, if you want to clear the area first.
    - The Goblins ARE "Herdable" - in that their AI dictates they will run "away" from you. You can reverse-kite them to a map edge or a corner for an easy kill.
    - Corners seem to confuse the Goblin AI, and if you manage to get a Goblin into a corner, you can plink away at it, while it runs back and forth over a small distance in the corner.
    - It APPEARS that while a Goblin will run away from you, if there is a large (minimum number unknown) group of mobs within about a screen's distance of the Goblin, it WILL run towards/through it, even if it means running towards the player character.

Well, that's all I can think of, off the top of my head. I hope some of this helps some people out in their Goblin hunting!
    Thanks for this, I'll add this to the OP.
    If anyone else would like to add anything, I can turn my OP into some what of a guide as well as more trials on the different goblins!