Deleted

New Pally Tank LF Help PLZ

Im a new pally tank, Server EU, Realm Wildhammer(alliance), Char Name; Doublepen(85)

i want to start doing DS LFR/10 but am unsure if i am geared enough. i know about the 102.4 rule and am only at 91.34
    and wondering is this enough to start raiding? also i know about the 363 rotation and hav no problem with aggro.

I am wondering if some can look at my char and see if i am geared enough? and if i hav the right spec/talents? and if i am reforging right?
    also wat addons to use? im currently using DBM. Skada. i hav healbot configured with taunts so i dont hav to switch target when taunting but alot of ppl use Tidy Plates and Threat Plates or TauntMaster.
    Also i am looking for clear tactics on tanking Ds LFR/10 for a pally.

Can some1 plz help?
    TY in advance

Paladin tank for the last 4 years here.

To start off, LFR is a joke. You should be able to tank it no problem (i leveled my death knight and tanked madness with at the least 5 greens with healers saying it was easy to heal me). Your item level is 374, and unfortunately a raiding guild probably will not bring you along simply because of that. I would suggest doing lfr and valor capping weekly. You say you have no problem with aggro (i dont think anybody does with the amount of threat tanks can put out right now) which is a plus. Its good you know about the avoidance cap as well as the rotation.

A couple of great resources to use:
    Elitist Jerks Paladin Protection Post-Talents. Glyphs. Rotations. Everything you need here.
    Ask Mr Robot-Gives reforge/gem/enchant suggestions for optimization (make sure you dont pick the pvp optimization, which is default if you have one piece of pvp gear on like you do)

As for me, i use seal of corruption to tank, from there you should use crusader strike for single target and hammer for multi-target. Use word of glory to help the healers when you can, use shield of the righteous if that is on cd or you are taking no damage. Concecration and holy wrath whenever you feel you want to add damage, or certainly during aoe situations.

For Dragon Soul specifically, there are very little specific things to remember for paladins, but for tanks theres something small in every fight.
    Morchok-This can be a single-tank fight in both lfr and 10-man. If healers are below average you will need to taunt off at 3 sunder armor stacks.
    Warlord Zon'ozz-Another single tank fight, tank the boss in center. On 10 man there is a specific orientation, which normally involves facing the boss east and having melee west and ranged north, stacking during the Black Blood of Go'Rath.
    Yor'Sahj the Unsleeping-Single tank fight if done correctly. You will need to take the debuff and taunt off the other tank if need be.
    Hagara the Stormbinder-Tank the boss in the center, you may need a cooldown for Focused Assault until you get some better gear.
    Ultraxion-Two-tank fight for sure. If you have Fading light, you need to use the ability that pops up on the screen (if you have bartender, you will need to turn on "Extra Action Bar") and if the other tank has the Fading Light debuff, you need to taunt and let them use Heroic Will. Tanks do not need to need to use Heroic Will on hour of twilight.
    Warmaster Blackhorn-Tank one side of the adds while the tank gets the other side. On 10 man, you need to switch off taking sides so that the debuff does not stack too high. When the boss comes you need to take him out of void zones and taunt off of the other tank if the sunder armors get too high.
    Spine of Deathwing-Tank the Amalgamation, when the Amalgamation is at about 15% you need to gather 9 bloods and then get near the plate. When the add dies, it will do a spell (Nuclear Blast), get away from the add and it will not move.
    Madness of Deathwing-You will need to tank the Mutated Corruptions when they come up on each platform. Taunt off of the other tank if they have impale. Do not let impale reach two stacks. Do this four times on the four different platforms and then move to the final one to tank the Elementium Terrors. Most of the time the Terrors will be killed one time (two will spawn) and the boss will be burned down while you survive until the end.

I hope this helps you with starting your paladin tanking adventure.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to shift this over to the Pally forums where you may have more success finding help.

Deleted
    Thank u very much for taking the time to reply in detail to my post.
    I do hav 1 more question,
    Do u know of any good macros for pally's tanking in ds? And if u do could plz give a detailed explanation of Wat these macros do.
    Thank you again!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You shouldn't need any macro's for DS 10 normal and LFR DS

Macros shouldn't be necessary but I always find it a plus to have cancelaura macros for both divine shield and hand of protection to get rid of debuffs but not lose threat for long enough for your dps to die.