Thread: Was this wrong?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Was this wrong?

So I logged on to Facebook for the first time in months and found out that this girl I've been on again off again for 10 years or more just got married a few days ago. I had an affair with her a year ago, while she was engaged, and tried to get her to leave her fiance. I'm still kind of pissed over how it ended, but was it wrong for me to email her husband this:

Congratulations on the wedding!

I thought you might like to know some fun facts about your wife. All I ever asked was that she tell you the truth, however, I got the distinct feeling that she didn't tell you the whole truth.

For example, over Christmas of 2009 [actually 2010, I made an error in the email--op] she came home to see her family and she and I went out for drinks. We ended up back at my place. I made sure we were sitting across the room one another, I was being very respectful, you see, as I knew she was engaged. Within minutes she claimed that she couldn't take it anymore. She came over and sat on my lap and we kissed passionately. From there we moved to the couch and, well, I'll let you imagine the rest.

For months after that we carried on a relationship over the phone, over Facebook, and in person. She would call me late at night, when she was on the road, and tell me she loved me. When she traveled some place close I would drive out to see her. One day in the spring she booked an overnight trip to [redacted] and I met her there. We shared several bottles of wine and made love, unprotected I'm afraid. The next morning she asked for it again.

Some time later she tells me that her period is late. Although it turns out (I presume) to be a false alarm she does, at the time, fantasize about the consequences. I believe her exact words were that it would "solve all of our problems"--in other words, it would leave her with no choice but to leave you, an act which she was so terribly anxious about initiating.

Oh well, that's all of the storytelling that's in me for now. I hope married life is treating you well.
    Last edited by causeforconcern; 2012-06-05 at 10:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    To each his or her own, just know you are equally in the wrong for having accepted her advances.

Deleted
    Yes, that was wrong. Maybe you destroyed something which was none of your business.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it was wrong. You are trying to ruin the life of 2 people for nothing. Just because she chose the other guy.

Hmm, that name Causeforconcern is has me a bit concerned...

She was engaged for 3 years?

Oops, that should have been Christmas 2010. Should I email him a correction?

This seems like a petty act of vengeance. So yes, it was wrong.
    And no, a correction isn't necessary, since it only makes it seem more like all you're really after is ruining their marriage.

Let's just hope he doesn't read this before their honeymoon. PM after a couple of weeks and tell me if he killed himself.

Deleted
    This isn't real. Is it? I hope not. You are both bad people.

Yes it was wrong. You said you feel pissed that she choose him imagine now how he must feel. You are both to blame but it wasn't your place.

By the way, OP, You are a selfish bastard. I hope karma turns around and slaps you in the face.

Should've done it before the wedding but better late than never I guess.
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Hmm, that name Causeforconcern is has me a bit concerned...
    This to be honest.

I don't like when you see people with 1 post, posting topics like this, since their less likely to be believed.
    Since if their new to this forum, why would they post a topic on this matter to a gaming forum, and not somewhere a bit more mature?

I got a feeling it's part of a troll post since its done with a new account, but that's just me.

If its honestly true, then, yes, you were in the wrong. It was a year ago, it's down to her to tell him, or for her to cover it up. Your way of wording it, is to only destroy what could be true.

dickish but she still cheated on her fiancee but still dickish but the way you make her sound like shes the one at fault makes you an asshole

---------- Post added 2012-06-05 at 06:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kosic View Post
    This to be honest.

I don't like when you see people with 1 post, posting topics like this, since their less likely to be believed.
    Since if their new to this forum, why would they post a topic on this matter to a gaming forum, and not somewhere a bit more mature?

I got a feeling it's part of a troll post since its done with a new account, but that's just me.

If its honestly true, then, yes, you were in the wrong. It was a year ago, it's down to her to tell him, or for her to cover it up. Your way of wording it, is to only destroy what could be true.
    gaming forum? you realize were in the offtopic section right? also, there have been plenty of people talking about their relationships here
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

The story is 100% true (as is the content of the email). First post but I've lurked here for many years.

Well besides you being another male giving males a bad reputation for not being able to keep it in your pants, yes it was wrong.
    You may think you're getting revenge on her or whatever motivated you to do this petty crap, but you could also at the same time be potentially destroying this innocent guy's life.

But hey, if this is how you get your kicks, i guess it'll come back to bite you.

Quote Originally Posted by causeforconcern View Post
    The story is 100% true (as is the content of the email). First post but I've lurked here for many years.
    Real question is, did you send the email out of spite for the girl or pity for the guy?
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.

Ok for staters, like others have, this seems like a desperate attempt at trolling to get emotional and argumentative responses.

If not, OP you are an extremely jealous and immature person, what are you expecting? Her to run back to you after you ruined her marriage? He was obviously the better man in her eyes, and this immature act has just proven that, i personally hope they get through this and they get stronger and just wipe you from their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Trogon View Post
    Let's just hope he doesn't read this before their honeymoon. PM after a couple of weeks and tell me if he killed himself.
    And YOU.....you are simply a disgusting human being.....you seem to be taking pleasure at the thought he might commit suicide??????? Plain and simple you are a pathetic excuse for a human being. Not much else to say.

Deleted
    You are a fool and egoist. She will hate you to the end of her days, her husband will hate you and most likely smash your face at sight , and most likely they will get along. So the only one who will get his arse kicked will be you. No, i dont applaud for cheater girl , however you got your own brain too. Taken one is taken and you shouldnt touch others man pie. And trying to ruin honeymoon for him out of pure vengenace and pettiness is childish. And stupid.