Thread: Towns

Deleted

Towns

Just wanted to give a heads-up about this game (I don't think anyone has posted about it yet; the search function didn't want to help me, just returning different errors when I try it).

If you like macro-management games with base-building and resource management á la Dungeon Keeper or Dwarf Fortress, you might be interested in Towns. I got it last week, and I've lost count of how many hours I've put into it.

Towns is available at www.townsgame.com. It's still in development, and they're doing pretty much the same deal as Minecraft did - if you help fund the development by buying the game now (at less than it'll be sold for at release), you'll get the full copy when it's done and you get to play the latest development builds as they become available.

If you want to watch gameplay before buying it (I do recommend it), Sips has been doing some videos on it.

In my very personal opinion, if you liked Dungeon Keeper (or the premise of it, if you were born too late to try it), Towns is worth the money.

10+ Year Old Account
    They mentioned Dwarf Fortress. My ears have officially perked up.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    i seen towns in a couple of threads appear. And although i liked it, it should give out a bit better tooltips for helping regarding certain items/buildings. Aswell as its quite unforgiving at the start with food

Deleted
    Yeah, there's still a lot to be done with the game. Didn't really find food to be an issue at the start though, as long as you make sure your first priority is having some. Harvesting some fruit trees will be enough to keep your townies going for a while.

Shit, how did I not know about this?

City builder, with being able to create awesome things, with being like Majesty 1 (we're pretending 2 does not exist)?

YES PLEASE.

I couldn't find how much the pre-order is, how much they charging for this game?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Shit, how did I not know about this?

City builder, with being able to create awesome things, with being like Majesty 1 (we're pretending 2 does not exist)?

YES PLEASE.

I couldn't find how much the pre-order is, how much they charging for this game?
    First off, early access to the game’s latest builds, you see, every build after 0.36 will only be available on pre-order. Pre-ordering the game will also get you the final copy once it is released at no extra charge. Considering the fact that upon release we will be charging 15€ (about 20$), that means you will be purchasing the game at about a 40% disccount!
    http://www.townsgame.com/index.php?o...article&id=197

Aside from that there's really no clear information at the moment, give me a sec and I'll look at my reciept (curses for hitting the submit button before adding this).

Right, here we go.

Order receipt from BMT Micro, Inc.
    Order ID: *****67

Qty Product Description Price Discount Subtotal
    1 ******03 Towns alpha USD 12.66 USD 0.00 USD 12.66

Shipping: USD 0.00
    Sales tax: USD 3.16
    Total bill: USD 15.82
    Last edited by mmoc10ec13b383; 2012-06-05 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    http://www.townsgame.com/index.php?o...article&id=197

Aside from that there's really no clear information at the moment, give me a sec and I'll look at my reciept (curses for hitting the submit button before adding this).

Right, here we go.
    I thought that was a payment button, not an information one *cough* should go to bed..

Thanks for the receipt price definitely a bargain, especially if it turns out good.

It's not bad but not nearly as complex as Dwarf Fortress. Not a bad game though
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted
    Found during lunch break there's a demo as well.

http://www.townsgame.com/index.php?o...&id=4&Itemid=5