Okay.

No attempts to save Vita
    2 games for Vita..? Or was it only 1?
    Buying off reporters by giving them free time on psn
    Blunderbook
    Interactive Movies everywhere
    Terrible SSB rip off
    I kinda agree... they did try to push the whole cross platform 3/vita thing

They had a really strong launch line up, but I think they've exhausted it all, which is a bad business move.

Well..... ok. I didn't really find much of a problem with it, but whatever.

Yeah, I agree... the Wonderbook sucks.

All Stars probably will be sucky... It doesn't seem like it has the character of SSB.

Honestly you focused on all the negatives though. I mean I thought The Last of Us, and Beyond: Two Souls looked fantastic.

Beyond and Two of Us were pretty good. Rest was OK, Wonderbook was well... ... ...

Beyond looked amazing and so did The Last of Us, I know Nathan Drake was one of the characters revealed for PSASBR but who was the other one?
    Big Daddy from Bioshock.
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Oh, Skelington got the title wrong :/
    It just looks like so many other games. You're a lone rebel in a post apocalyptic world, and you sneak around shooting/punching bad guys who swear a lot.
    (just to clarify I'm not being sarcastic) I really haven't a game like this before.... you are also forgetting that there are zombies and an overlying plot to the whole thing. But please if there are games that are like this, please tell me what they are, so I can go play them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser499 View Post
    Beyond looked amazing and so did The Last of Us, I know Nathan Drake was one of the characters revealed for PSASBR but who was the other one?
    It was the Big Daddy from Bioshock.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Honestly you focused on all the negatives though. I mean I thought The Last of Us, and Beyond: Two Souls looked fantastic.
    Beyond looked like another boring movie game like Heavy Rain, pass. The Last of Us might be okay, but I seriously thought it was Uncharted.

10+ Year Old Account
    The major issue with Sony (the continued issue, really) is that they have a very small set of franchises that they choose to maintain and none of them look any different from each other (they are all either super-violent or LBP-ish). So the titles they actually HAVE worth playing do not appeal to people that did not purchase the system for those types of games.

And then there is the Vita, which they seem to not understand how to differentiate from the old PSP. The continued issue with it being that they don't even have the luxury of the modest PSP install base, as that system took such a gigantic hit over the last handful of years.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

(just to clarify I'm not being sarcastic) I really haven't a game like this before.... you are also forgetting that there are zombies and an overlying plot to the whole thing. But please if there are games that are like this, please tell me what they are, so I can go play them.
    I know they're completely different, but it really looked a lot like the Tomb Raider trailer.

But listen, I'm not the person to ask. I very much dislike "cinematic" games. But I do understand the appeal, and certainly The Last of Us has tons of atmosphere. But the Uncharted "style" is really catching on, and TLOU is very much in that vein. Again, I'm sure they're very different games. I just don't know how much that gameplay snippet showed that off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Okay.

No attempts to save Vita
    2 games for Vita..? Or was it only 1?
    Buying off reporters by giving them free time on psn
    Blunderbook
    Interactive Movies everywhere
    Terrible SSB rip off
    Save it from what? Sales aren't amazing, no, but it's not about to vanish.
    I've seen consoles with less exclusives show cased.
    A gesture of good will, like all have done before hand ( most recently xbox "slim" giveaway )
    Decent enough tech and a niche Market, no place for e3.
    Personal preference of yourself to game type.
    A rip off like many other rip offs in gaming since the 70's.

Was it the worst e3 ever? No.

Just because you're the sort of being to focus on negatives doesn't mean everything is shit.

Bless your little cotton socks.

So stoked for The Last of Us. Post apocalypse games never get old for me, and this one looks really beautiful. I am looking forward to God of War as well, as I really enjoyed all of those games, but the one that I was looking forward to the most was The Last of Us. Beyond: Two Souls looks like it could be cool. Watching people play Wonderbook was awwwwkward, haha, but other than that, I thought it was pretty fantastic. After seeing Microsoft's conference, it makes me really happy that I sold my Xbox for a PS3.
    Last edited by Wynnyelle; 2012-06-05 at 02:57 AM.

Games like Hitman, The Godfather, Fallout, Tomb Raider, and Far Cry are some. If it's a zombie game, then they didn't even show any zombies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    The major issue with Sony (the continued issue, really) is that they have a very small set of franchises that they choose to maintain and none of them look any different from each other (they are all either super-violent or LBP-ish). So the titles they actually HAVE worth playing do not appeal to people that did not purchase the system for those types of games.

And then there is the Vita, which they seem to not understand how to differentiate from the old PSP. The continued issue with it being that they don't even have the luxury of the modest PSP install base, as that system took such a gigantic hit over the last handful of years.
    Actually Sony probably has the most variety in their exclusive franchises. Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, InFamous, Uncharted, The Last of Us, Little Big Planet, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    Save it from what? Sales aren't amazing, no, but it's not about to vanish.
    I've seen consoles with less exclusives show cased.
    A gesture of good will, like all have done before hand ( most recently xbox "slim" giveaway )
    Decent enough tech and a niche Market, no place for e3.
    Personal preference of yourself to game type.
    A rip off like many other rip offs in gaming since the 70's.

Was it the worst e3 ever? No.

Just because you're the sort of being to focus on negatives doesn't mean everything is shit.

Bless your little cotton socks.
    Pretty funny since I'm not a negative person, at all. But if you guys want to keep telling yourself that, it's okay.

so last of us is basically a post-apocalyptic metal gear solid? sneak around and kill people type thing? I don't see why people are so excited for it honestly.
    God of war was just the same old stuff players have been getting from the first game. No idea why people are excited about it either.

when are game devs going to start realising players want new gameplay, not just the same gameplay over and over with new enemies and stuff? add in some elements from other genres or something, look what borderlands did and how successful it was because it blended 2 game genres.

force feeding gamers God of war games for the next 4 years with no variety will give you the same bad rep the COD franchise gets, it's like a tv series running past its prime... gets old really fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Games like Hitman, The Godfather, Fallout, Tomb Raider, and Far Cry are some. If it's a zombie game, then they didn't even show any zombies.
    TLOU is nothing like Godfather, or Hitman... Fallout is post-apocalyptic, but isn't nearly as atmospheric (and this is coming from a huge fan of that franchise). Although, I can see the similarities with Tomb Raider and FarCry.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasacho View Post
    Maybe there will be Half life Ep 3 D; I really want that game
    They aren't announcing anything with "3" in the name. Look it up

However, they never said anything about... Half Life 2 Episode 2 Part 2 or something :P

When I first saw the last of us in the conference I got kinda hyped. Then I come in here and learned its gonna have zombies and my hyped popped like a balloon./sigh
    Anyway I saw bits of the conference and I have to say sony did much better then Microsoft but then again that's not saying much.

Quote Originally Posted by evilgnomey View Post
    so last of us is basically a post-apocalyptic metal gear solid? sneak around and kill people type thing? I don't see why people are so excited for it honestly.
    The announcement trailer for last of us was at the VGA's and it depicted a post apocalyptic world where the "zombies" were in fact people who had been taken over by some sort of fungus (based on a fungus in the amazon that takes over ants). Sneaking would be a realistic interpretation of struggling to survive against not only the "zombies" but other people who could easily be just as dangerous as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cordyceps
    Last edited by Xeones; 2012-06-05 at 03:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evilgnomey View Post
    God of war was just the same old stuff players have been getting from the first game. No idea why people are excited about it either.

when are game devs going to start realising players want new gameplay, not just the same gameplay over and over with new enemies and stuff? add in some elements from other genres or something, look what borderlands did and how successful it was because it blended 2 game genres.

force feeding gamers God of war games for the next 4 years with no variety will give you the same bad rep the COD franchise gets, it's like a tv series running past its prime... gets old really fast.
    The sad truth comes from the fact the majority of gamers don't cry out for innovation in gameplay to existing games, black ops 2 will sell 25 million copies at some point like the first, because it's the same game with a new skin. The same reason GOW is favoured, they know what they're getting but in a whole new package. Same goes for most game series, those that step outside the comfort zone don't sell.

Here's hoping the week brings better news.
    Last edited by scvd; 2012-06-05 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jit View Post
    When I first saw the last of us in the conference I got kinda hyped. Then I come in here and learned its gonna have zombies and my hyped popped like a balloon./sigh
    Anyway I saw bits of the conference and I have to say sony did much better then Microsoft but then again that's not saying much.
    I wouldn't call them zombies, really... I'd say they're more like mutants. If you go back and look at the debut trailer, the thing that attacks them doesn't really seem like your traditional zombie at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jit View Post
    I wouldn't give up all hope... I just watched the G4 interview with the developers, and they said that you would deal with alot of different kinds of people AND the "zombies". It certainly won't be your typical zombie game.