10+ Year Old Account

New to RIFT. Cleric help, please.

Hello. I am new to RIFT and decided to try the game until lvl20. I picked a Cleric because I decided not to have a Mage class (like I always have had). In end game I want to heal. I am actually looking to buy this game since I really enjoy it. . . does anyone have advice on a lvl50 healing spec for a Cleric? Also. . . does anyone know what a good leveling spec is?

I'm just pretty new and not sure on what to spend talent points in. Thanks!

---------- Post added 2012-06-05 at 12:09 PM ----------

Also: could you tell me why a certain spec is the best? Thanks.

Deleted
    Levelling build here: http://dulfycleric.wordpress.com/201...eveling-guide/

Unsure about healing specs since my Cleric only got to level 26.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyqt View Post
    Hello. I am new to RIFT and decided to try the game until lvl20. I picked a Cleric because I decided not to have a Mage class (like I always have had). In end game I want to heal. I am actually looking to buy this game since I really enjoy it. . . does anyone have advice on a lvl50 healing spec for a Cleric? Also. . . does anyone know what a good leveling spec is?

I'm just pretty new and not sure on what to spend talent points in. Thanks!

---------- Post added 2012-06-05 at 12:09 PM ----------

Also: could you tell me why a certain spec is the best? Thanks.
    as for leveling i found the "calling" ranged dps quite nice. it provided anough heals and dps to kill everything nice. At end game i ran three different healing specs it really is dependant on what your doing. Ihad a dungion healing spec, a tank raid spec and a raid raid heal spec. If anything for now id suggest just experimenting and playing with the souls as you level up. il post some links to the specs i run when im back on my pc.

Also try Riftjunkies.com. they have some really good guides for starting and what not. it helped me a lot when i started up again

Enjoy the game its really good and the community is generally nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    as for leveling i found the "calling" ranged dps quite nice. it provided anough heals and dps to kill everything nice. At end game i ran three different healing specs it really is dependant on what your doing. Ihad a dungion healing spec, a tank raid spec and a raid raid heal spec. If anything for now id suggest just experimenting and playing with the souls as you level up. il post some links to the specs i run when im back on my pc.

Also try Riftjunkies.com. they have some really good guides for starting and what not. it helped me a lot when i started up again

Enjoy the game its really good and the community is generally nice.
    Thank you!

Could you also tell me when, where, and how do you get mounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyqt View Post
    Thank you!

Could you also tell me when, where, and how do you get mounts?
    Your first mount you can get at level 1, so long as you have the 2.5 platinum (like wow's gold), or have one of the collector's editions that come with a free mount. Then at 25 you get your next mount for 20p I think, and then at 50 you get epic mount for 125p. Their speeds are 60%, 90%, and 110%. You can also get a 90% mount for 13k favor (pvp currency) when you reach the required level. Mounts are available in the starter zone (silverwood and freemarch), as well as in the main cities (sanctum and meridian). There's also other places to get mounts, but those are the more common.

And Mages can heal (chloromancer soul), to give you a heads up. They heal by dealing life damage to their enemies, with a few direct heals.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do Clerics heal? Dealing damage? Or kind of like a paladin?

Clerics heal like priests/paladins/druids/shamans in WoW. There are 3 healing souls for the cleric. Sentinel, Warden, Purifier. Warden is hot-based, sentinel is direct heals, and purifier seems to be direct heals + shields. I have never tried purifier, so will let someone more versed in that soul give more info.
    Chloromancers (mage) heal by converting damage with life-based attacks (and other spells, though at a much reduced rate) into healing, as well as a couple debuffs on the enemy that help heal (withering vine heals those around it every second up to a certain range, radiant spore gives a chance for the person attacking the target of the debuff to heal for the damage they caused the target, so if you deal 2000 damage you have a chance to be healed for 2000 damage to the target of radiant spores). They also have a few direct heals and some other things. I have never actually healed with my mage, but I did put about 16 - 20 points into it for my solo spec.

Clerics can also play as support/off healer by taking enough points in Justicar. This spec allows your melee attacks to heal the group/raid for a small amount --and also your attacks build Convictions, which are like combo points or Holy Power stacks. You mainly will be doing melee attacks, but you can then use convictions to heal the tank, yourself, or the full raid if the main healer needs some help.

The Duracell build linked by the first response is great for solo leveling and fighting invasions and minor rifts. Pull mobs with Vex which will heal you for the dmg it does, sould drain, the melee them down--and heal yourself with convictions as needed. You can purchase another role, so you can use a healing only spec for dungeons and warzones. Have fun!