Page 1 of 46
... LastLast

Scott Walker retains governorship in Wisconsin recall race

Mod Warning: Keep the discussion civil. Do not spam or troll, or personally attack anyone.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/s...010044710.html

"Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker retained his governorship Tuesday night, besting Democrat Tom Barrett in a race that was a referendum on Walker's decision to take on public employee unions.
    Walker led Barrett, Walker's 2010 opponent and the current mayor of Milwaukee, 61 to 39 percent with 25 percent of precincts reporting.
    A Walker win is a huge coup for the tea party movement, which rallied tea partyers across the country, as well as for fiscal conservatives and reform-minded Republicans.
    Walker was targeted last year for a recall by state and national labor groups, progressives, students and others who viewed his decision to push for an end to collective bargaining by state public employee unions as an attack on middle class America. Those same groups helped fund and get out the vote for Barrett this year, but Democrats remained heavily outspent by Walker and his supporters."

What do you guys make of this? I honestly think Wisconsin is going to be a sandbox for special interest groups. This also gets me wondering what goes through peoples head when they vote for this guy and people like him...I guess its dedication, but damn that's kinda scary in it's on way.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2012-06-06 at 03:43 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account

US - Congratulations Wisconsin!

I think the voters of WI made the right decision and will set a strong example to the rest of the nation!
    the most beautiful post I have ever read.. thank you Dr-1337 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22624432

No, the people of Wisconsin made a HORRIBLE decision and have greatly contributed to the demise of American. You are borderline mentally retarded if you think Walker actually gives a damn about anyone but his Koch Brothers.

GG Wisconsin. And F Republicans.

Infracted
    Last edited by Dacien; 2012-06-06 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakeseye0 View Post
    No, the people of Wisconsin made a HORRIBLE decision and have greatly contributed to the demise of American. You are borderline mentally retarded if you think Walker actually gives a damn about anyone but his Koch Brothers.

I think this is kind of a ridiculously over the top post; I think walker should NOT have been elected, but coming out and saying "F ALL REPUBLICANS! F THEM ALLLLL" like your post translates to is just hilariously over-reaction. Please, stop and think for a moment. This election will not matter in the slightest way for anything in the long run. at all.

Nice maturity, Snakeeyes. You must be a union thug or come from a pro-union thug family.

Infracted - Report posts, do not personally attack another user.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2012-06-06 at 02:57 AM.

Republicans and common sense won big tonight - it seems there actually are intelligent people left in the world. Hurray freedom!

The most interesting thing was seeing the PACs in action and all the out-of-state contributions. If anything this showed there needs to be serious campaign finance reform.

10+ Year Old Account

I would thank you to not call my relatives retards.

A personal attack is the lowest response. The people of Wisconsin showed just how much people are against the current government. The dnc chairman said this will be an example for the November presidential election. Just like in Wisconsin, the media is saying that election is very close. Walker won with over 60% of the vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Merged threads. Please search before making a new thread (the first thread was still on the first page even), and if you're going to make a new thread, make sure you provide a link to what topic you are referring to.

I am from WI and I am SO proud of my state right now, I have followed this very closely over the last year and 7 months or so. I am glad to see REAL democracy in action, not the fake sort the masses in Madison like to shout about.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    The most interesting thing was seeing the PACs in action and all the out-of-state contributions. If anything this showed there needs to be serious campaign finance reform.
    Not to mention all of the out of state Union members imported in to rally people.....that did absolutely nothing. A lot of people reporting are belittling the fact that democratic money went to other candidates also, whereas all republican money went to Walker. It's okay to make excuses. Obama is raising funds everywhere , 6 fundraisers in one day all around Wisconsin, but none in Wisconsin because he did not want to be associated with losing. I want you to rail on obama for his pacs that he said he was going to change when he got elected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I am from WI and I am SO proud of my state right now, I have followed this very closely over the last year and 7 months or so. I am glad to see REAL democracy in action, not the fake sort the masses in Madison like to shout about.
    You'll have to excuse my ignorance; why was what happened in Madison fake democracy?

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    there was out of state support for both sides.. there's a good chance that had the unions not spent millions of dollars bringing in people from other states in order to oppose Walker.. this silly recall would have never taken place..

60/40 is a pretty overwhelming victory for the incumbent.. clearly the citizens of WI heavily support Walker
    the most beautiful post I have ever read.. thank you Dr-1337 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22624432

Well, that's disappointing.

Lack of civility in stuff like this just makes you look bad, and thus the party you support.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/s...010044710.html

"Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker retained his governorship Tuesday night, besting Democrat Tom Barrett in a race that was a referendum on Walker's decision to take on public employee unions.
    Walker led Barrett, Walker's 2010 opponent and the current mayor of Milwaukee, 61 to 39 percent with 25 percent of precincts reporting.
    A Walker win is a huge coup for the tea party movement, which rallied tea partyers across the country, as well as for fiscal conservatives and reform-minded Republicans.
    Walker was targeted last year for a recall by state and national labor groups, progressives, students and others who viewed his decision to push for an end to collective bargaining by state public employee unions as an attack on middle class America. Those same groups helped fund and get out the vote for Barrett this year, but Democrats remained heavily outspent by Walker and his supporters."

What do you guys make of this? I honestly think Wisconsin is going to be a sandbox for special interest groups. This also gets me wondering what goes through peoples head when they vote for this guy and people like him...I guess its dedication, but damn that's kinda scary in it's on way.
    He got elected by saying he was going to make changes. He kept his word and made these changes. Some people didn't like them and they lost....AGAIN. So to sum it up, he made election promises, he followed through on exactly what he said he would do and people re elected him..... Weird how that works.

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Merged threads. Please search before making a new thread (the first thread was still on the first page even), and if you're going to make a new thread, make sure you provide a link to what topic you are referring to.
    I didn't see this thread when I created mine.. did we both create at the same time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Another battle of the Super PACs. RIP democracy.

So I watched the election coverage on CNN today. My god, CNN is horrible now. Instead of actually doing journalism and analysis, they just invite partisan mouthpieces and campaign people to spew their propaganda under the guise of presenting both sides, while in reality leaving their viewers terribly misinformed. And they keep pushing the most ridiculous sensationalism in order to try to stir something up that probably isn't there.

No wonder their ratings have fallen into the toilet.