Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Everything will balance out. Supply and demand will take over and things will arrive at an equilibrium. The only way prices trend upwards permanently is if the ability to find gold in game isn't properly offset by the gold sinks. But that would happen irregardless of RMAH.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    RMAH will affect mostly top tier items, but on the other hand, since gold prices will plummet down, prices on gold AH would skyrocket, making life for regular folks who farm their gold themselves, much harder. I predict player base shrinkage, and a big one. What's the point to farming gold themselves, so you can get good upgrade on AH, if prices going up faster then you can farm?

10+ Year Old Account
    I for one will not be using the RMAH for a while until it settles. I don't want to irrationally buy a legendary for 20-50 bucks and it be worth 2-5 the next week.

I think your gonna wanna wait it out. look at how the entire launch has gone. This will come out and be hacked to pieces, there will be 100 blue posts about how" this is new, what do you expect, of course it has some kinks" The people who jump in early will be hitting the forums/ CS reps quick with " I posted 500$ worth of gold and its gone!!" just you watch

In terms of launch, it's going to screw up the prices for sure, mostly because as you suggested people are doubtlessly hoarding lots of gold/items etc. On the contrary, everything you own will also sell for more at the very least and given time I think things will even out a bit. No one is going to spend 10 million gold on a mediocre at best item, and the really nice items are already at batshit-insane prices of over a hundred million gold that making them even more ridiculous really won't matter.

I'm not quite sure, but I wouldn't expect it's removal...frankly I think selling gold should be taken out of the equation....I mean everyone that has hit level 60 has acquired hundreds of thousands of gold, and it's not exactly hard to come by, I don't think it's necessary to purchase it. And hell, you could technically sell gold by buying stuff you think will sell in gold and turning it around and selling it on the AH...or vice versa I suppose, if you bought a decent weapon for 10 bucks and made 15 million gold in the AH.

All that being said, there is a reason they are delaying the RMAH. I'm not doubting at all that it won't happen, but I think they are thinking very carefully of exactly how they are going to go about handling it and how it's going to influence the game. Again, I think all they really need to do to make it a nice smooth transition is to remove the ability to sell your gold entirely.

EVERYONE who gets a semi good or OMFGWTF good item will post them on the RMAH. why would you sell a crazy good item for gold instead of IRL currency? Thus the Gold AH will turn into useless items that are meh or not good at all, and basically be useless...

maybe its the fact that gold sellers have been getting access to more gold and flooding the market. but good items have all of a sudden have gone very high in prices. im guessing this is also people with lots of gold buying good items and relisting them at inflated values.

i was trying to buy a few items for my barb, a good helm of command is like 15 mil now, same for a good stormshield. they were about half that price a week and a half ago..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by connor778 View Post
    EVERYONE who gets a semi good or OMFGWTF good item will post them on the RMAH. why would you sell a crazy good item for gold instead of IRL currency? Thus the Gold AH will turn into useless items that are meh or not good at all, and basically be useless...
    Because you can sell gold on the RMAH it is not that easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    The price of gold falling because of the exchange rate for dollars being less than stable is fascinating. The digital currency would under go a super inflation, where sellers more than likely would not even want to trade for the stuff since its value , at least in the early moments of trading would plummet. This would then shift supply into the rmah where the item translates to a better more stablized currency directly. The scenario to avoid is one where the buyer could spend 10 dollars on say 1 million gold, where he then buys an item if he is fast enough at say 100k gold, so he spends 1 dollar on the item, but as the inflation catches on both sides, the item now could be resold for 500k or what was 5dollars, but more than likely the price of gold would have fallen so in fact it may equal less than a dollar. After blizzards tax thru processing, and then local tax if any, the profit is insignificant, where if the item is traded strictly for dollars no one has to ride the gold inflation roller coaster.

Now comes the rub.....I know for a fact, if you can convert real money into items.....and then convert those items back into real money....if you guys see where this is going....that could land the company in some real hot water with the fed. Blizzard has to have some sort of safe guard against money laundering, there has to be some sort of permanent log for every transaction other wise the moral hazard is nuts.

I don't know atm. I'm kind of relying on the AH because every item I find on my DH has strength and cold resist on it. I've found 1... yes 1... 1 upgrade in 100 hours of play time so perhaps having an AH that I could continue to use would be quite nice. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyu View Post
    I don't know atm. I'm kind of relying on the AH because every item I find on my DH has strength and cold resist on it. I've found 1... yes 1... 1 upgrade in 100 hours of play time so perhaps having an AH that I could continue to use would be quite nice. :P
    I can relate to that - I have everything my characters wear from the ah as well for retarded amounts of gold.
    Anyways I certainly do think that the rmah will make things worse for everyone who is relying solely on the gold ah even if it is only for the easier access to gold from questionable sources like bots.

Deleted
    I think most of you and most of the online D3 community are too dramatic for one simple reason. You all overestimate the amount of buyers on RMAH. I mean sure, the first week or two we will hardly see any items on the gold AH but after that things will be fairly ok and items will return on the gold AH. The prices might go up a bit because with RMAH anyone will be able to calculate how much their item/gold is worth in real money but I wouldn't bee too afraid.

And not to brag (or maybe a little) but I don't even care, I am a god at the AH . Yesterday morning I had 8mil, then I bought String of Ears for 2.5mil, Stormshield for 6mil in the afternoon (while making more money inbetween) and I closed the day at 3,83mil again . So instead of these thoughts maybe you should stop and start thinking about making money for a bit.

Honestly I kinda look forward to selling gold because it means nothing to me. It's like Diablo 2 almost, gold is useless for me because people are stashing their good items for RMAH and I can't buy gems with the gold either. And I freaking need gems .

10+ Year Old Account
    If only they had the RMAH at launch... that's when all the people were playing and paying.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

As a side note, JSP >>> AH.
    This 1000 times, but all the diablo 3 carebears dont know what it is cus either they never played diablo 2 or they played it casually. If everyone uses d2jsp diablo 3 will be a much nicer place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by widowkiller View Post
    The biggest complaint people are having is that the AH makes it easy and boring to obtain items.
    Easy? the AH is almost worthless to me. Even crap items are listed at 500k.

I'd prefer the trading of Diablo II or just finding my own items, actually.

As a monk that isnt using any kinds of exploits. RmAh will ruin the game and i will stop playing.

Getting the gear to be able to even clear act2 inferno is only obtained at the AH. From act 3-4, Which ppl exploited/ used op skills to get to. The skills are now nerfed And the gear you get from inf act 1 isnt nearly good enough.
    Ive farmed act 1 close to 100 hours now. Best weapon i got this far from butcher is a 550 dps weapon and a 800 dps 2 hander.

With the prices going even further up with the rmah selling gold.

You need to pay to win and that can suck my ass. I'll just go to borderlands 2 insted

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    This 1000 times, but all the diablo 3 carebears dont know what it is cus either they never played diablo 2 or they played it casually. If everyone uses d2jsp diablo 3 will be a much nicer place.
    do u feel like a special snowflake?

Please don't provoke other posters
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-06-06 at 01:19 PM.

My suspicion is that the RMAH will be alot more popular than people think. They rely on the hard cores and 3rd party companies to farm for it and the casuals who are still around who want shiny gear to pay for it. Let's wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    As a monk that isnt using any kinds of exploits. RmAh will ruin the game and i will stop playing.

Getting the gear to be able to even clear act2 inferno is only obtained at the AH. From act 3-4, Which ppl exploited/ used op skills to get to. The skills are now nerfed And the gear you get from inf act 1 isnt nearly good enough.
    Ive farmed act 1 close to 100 hours now. Best weapon i got this far from butcher is a 550 dps weapon and a 800 dps 2 hander.

With the prices going even further up with the rmah selling gold.

You need to pay to win and that can suck my ass. I'll just go to borderlands 2 insted
    From Skeleton king farming runs I've acquired 3 rings and an amulet all that sold for 1million+ (one was 5%crit/15%AS/90Dex (neck) and the rings just had high resist all+vitality (with other random crap) With that gold I've bought a 950 DpS weapon (and other crap) and can now clear up to Zultan Kulle, as a monk that isn't using any kinds of exploits.

Either you've got terribad luck or you don't know a good item when it drops. Its not just the 900+ DpS weapons you can sell on the AH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

So you say everything will be cheap. whats wrong with that?
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC