Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockos View Post
    the problem i am having atm is that if i move forward or backwards from the poison when he smashes that point i am getting hit same goes fi i am out of the poison to the sides but not too far away i am guessing needs to move faster or pick up teleport
    Smart guy. You can literally take 0 damage in P3 if you play your cards right.

Deleted
    Magic weapon energy weapon, venom hydra, energy armor forcearmor, blizzard snowbound, diamond skin crystal shell, shock pulse piercing orb, snowbound , glass cannon , astral presence, did belial on solo with 26-28k dps, 23k hp , 170 all resistance gg

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually easiest if you just let the hydra do it's work and you just focus hard on his hits if you have problems with that part. Then only dps a bit when he does the breath, like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcV8iKXgNT8#at=120

i am getting killed by his elbow not even close to the impact point i am really close to ragequit meh

If your from EU I can help you in about an hour or so when I get home.

I found hydra + blizzard a bit too DPS gear demanding. Arcane orb (tap the source) and hydra (venom) worked out well for me, with Diamond Skin, Force Armor, Magic Weapon and Teleport with Fracture. Passives were Glass Canon, Blur and the mana increasing one. My stats were ~37k DPS, 25k HP and ~75% dr from armor + physical reduction.

There's really not much you can learn from just reading about a build. It is a gear check fight but it also requires a lot of coordination since there's not a lot of room to kite. Standing in a corner helps quite a lot in the first two phases. In the last one you just want to move 24/7 and let the hydra do all the damage. The only exception is when he just put his elbows down giving you a few seconds to burn your mana on orbs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    I found hydra + blizzard a bit too DPS gear demanding. Arcane orb (tap the source) and hydra (venom) worked out well for me, with Diamond Skin, Force Armor, Magic Weapon and Teleport with Fracture. Passives were Glass Canon, Blur and the mana increasing one. My stats were ~37k DPS, 25k HP and ~75% dr from armor + physical reduction.
    Wait... how? Blizzard/Hydra are LESS gear demanding than Orb/Hydra because Blizzard lets you kite. Orb builds rely on blowing shit up before it can kill you, therefore making them the gear dependent choice. Blizzard allows you to kill stuff with less DPS. I think you have it backwards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusco86 View Post
    SNIP
    I can't tell you how much I love you for posting that spec. I wiped 20-30 times yesterday because I couldn't complete phase 2 before the adds spawned, but with this spec, phase 2 became a joke.

I wiped two times before I got phase 2 down with this spec, and then once I got to phase 3, I just facerolled and got the kill.

If you want to kill Belial on Inferno as a solo Wizard, then go with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawcult View Post
    I can't tell you how much I love you for posting that spec. I wiped 20-30 times yesterday because I couldn't complete phase 2 before the adds spawned, but with this spec, phase 2 became a joke..
    Your welcome!! I'm reading all the other builds, and gave them a shot, still to find that the spec i posted previously was superior.

ALSO, if your damage is high enough (43k with magic weapon and familiar) you can go archon, kill everything before it touches you in p1, and get belial (almost) down during p2. I do the same build i used before, just with archon instead of ray of frost.
    i have no signature, because carrots.

I killed this last night. I'm not at all geared (20K DPS, 30K health, ~200 resists), so what did it for me was a maximally defensive build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...QPO!fdY!bbaYZY

The idea is that Hydra and Blizzard do all the work for you, and you just focus on staying alive. With all the illusions you'll have from Mirror Image and Teleport, you only get hit occasionally, so Galvanizing Ward beats out Blur by letting you regen the health while you run around instead of taking less in the first place, and it's OK to use Glass Cannon. Just keep up Hydra and Force Armor, spam Blizzards, and use your three defensive abilities to minimise how much you get hit. Takes a fair bit of time to get through phase 2, but if you don't have the gear, you don't have the choice - the burn strategy only works with 33k+ DPS.

As someone already said, once you're in phase 3 it's all about skill. Basically everything will one-shot you, so avoid everything - it's doable, honestly. There's an awesome video that shows it, but basically he has four different attacks:
    - a single hit
    - three hits in succession
    - breath
    - meteors.

There's a point near the right-hand side, with a yellow stone on the edge, that you should stand by. Then:
    - if a green circle appears near you, it's a single hit - run to the right, then run back again.
    - if one appears some distance away from you to the left, it's a triple hit - run TOWARDS it (you won't get there in time to be hit by it), and stay on the left of the crater it leaves until the third hit lands, then run back.
    - breath won't touch you at all.
    - meteors... well, just avoid them all then return to the yellow stone. The first three become really easy with this, so meteors is what will kill you most!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    Wait... how? Blizzard/Hydra are LESS gear demanding than Orb/Hydra because Blizzard lets you kite. Orb builds rely on blowing shit up before it can kill you, therefore making them the gear dependent choice. Blizzard allows you to kill stuff with less DPS. I think you have it backwards.
    Notice that he actually has massively overgeared DPS for this fight, it's just that his gear is low on survival. With 37k DPS the fight is a joke. If you're having trouble when you're that geared, just take Archon for phase 2 and it'll be over in seconds.

Those who did it before Act III/IV weapons flooded the AH had to do it with almost half of that DPS and it was doable but I found that with the much lower damage on Belial with Blizzard phase 2 just lasted *way* too long and I'd get completely overwhelmed by snakes (even with Teleport).

I used this build on Belial.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...RQX!YUX!YZYbZa

Templar follower. 1200 dmg 2hander weapon w/ 30k dps, 25K life and 250ish resists. Took only a couple pulls.

P1 teleport to the right side of the wall and and sit there. Pop VH and arcane orb as the mobs spawn. Leave health globes up.

P2 same thing. As Belial spawns he comes toward you keep blasting him with Arcane orb and as he goes to do his swing animation pop diamond skin and keep nuking him until it falls off. Around this time will teleport to the other side of the room and blast you with those green fireballs. Just avoid them by running down or up a bit and at the same time collect the health globes that are available to replen health.
    He'll teleport back to you and just same thing over again pop DS on the melee swing animation, tank him for a bit and spam arcane orbs and he should be transitioning around this time.

AoE from the casted orbs + VH should clear the spawning mobs np.

P3 - just avoid stuff, like raiding... stay out of fire. I tend to start on the right and move left as he smashes the ground. Move back to the right for when he does his breath (nuking time here). If you can't see the flow of his attacks in this phase, practice on a lesser difficulty.
    Venom hydra should do the bulk of the damage for phase 3.

I had more problems on Inferno Azmodan than I did with Belial.
    Last edited by Equalizer; 2012-06-06 at 07:32 PM.

i finaly killed him a few hours ago i took his soul stone did the following quest and left the game at the point where i had to talk to the caravan leader to take me to the next act now that i am back i have to kill belial again...................

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaakkeli View Post
    Notice that he actually has massively overgeared DPS for this fight, it's just that his gear is low on survival. With 37k DPS the fight is a joke. If you're having trouble when you're that geared, just take Archon for phase 2 and it'll be over in seconds.
    Yeah I did notice that, I did it with ~26k DPS using a Blizzard build and just kiting in circles. It felt doable with less too.

And yeah we'd be overwhelmed by snakes with lower DPS but an AOrb build would just get overwhelmed faster. That build is completely gear dependant if your Orb can't 1-2 shot em its GG. The Archon one with Arcane Dynamo would work well though.

Deleted
    I done this recently using hydra/blizzard with teleport fracture, crystal shell, piercing orbs and force armor. Done phase 1 and 2 by just kiting a lot with blizzard and using the illusionist passive to reset teleport (snakes don't one shot me through force armor). I had the most trouble in phase 3 honestly since I had very low vitality so a single arm hit killed me outright, eventually got him by abusing teleport/diamond skin and practicing the meteor phases.

check out this post on the blizzard forums about it, a guy came up with a really easy strat to blow up Belial inferno with little to no effort: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...05362?page=1#2