Deleted

Top lane: jax vs singed

Yesterday, low elo ranked match, I've been asked to go top even if I'm not good, I took jax my opponent got Singed.
    He farmed much muc hmore then me and killed me once under the turret, no ganks from my jungler.
    Meanwhile rest of my team was playing poorly, when the lane phase ends and we start teamfight someone writes..."OMG that Singed, WD Jax u are a Noob now we lost!"

As I wrote I'm not good in top lane but, what should I've done up there to counter him?

Quote Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
    Yesterday, low elo ranked match, I've been asked to go top even if I'm not good, I took jax my opponent got Singed.
    He farmed much muc hmore then me and killed me once under the turret, no ganks from my jungler.
    Meanwhile rest of my team was playing poorly, when the lane phase ends and we start teamfight someone writes..."OMG that Singed, WD Jax u are a Noob now we lost!"

As I wrote I'm not good in top lane but, what should I've done up there to counter him?
    Singed as one of the weakest early game of any champions in the game. I was playing top lane Trundle vs Singed yesterday and kicked his ass, and the key is all in punishing his pitiful early game (pre-Catalyst) and NEVER chasing Singed. That's the important one. If he kills you, you were probably chasing him. Otherwise he shouldn't be able to kill you and a lane vs Singed should, at worse, be a farm fest. He shouldn't be beating you. Essentially, as Jax, get your stun ready, jump in, stun, hit him a few times THEN BACK OFF. He will run away and you will want to chase him. Don't. You have just had a free damage trade, you got a load of free damage on him. Why throw that away by chasing him for more damage and just dying.

However, later in the game he will become unkillable. Accept this and just farm. Good news is he does shit all damage lategame and doesn't have much in the way of hard initiates. But he will get unkillable. Ignore him in TFs and focus other people.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

Deleted
    I've never chased him...I was playing defensive cause I was not confident trying only to last hit but he was covering the minions and I could not go close to them without being hit by him....so he was offensive, I was defensive...probably he understood I was not good with jax.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most champions have the upper hand against Singed early game. Just jump him, stun him, get a few hits off and then back off... Singed has a powerful aoe and if you let him play offensively, he will pretty much win the game.

But the best thing you can do is: play solo top as often as you can. Get to know the feel of solo top. Get to know when and how to harass. Know your champion better and possibly change him for another.
    Solo top is a very good spot to take. You just need to know what, how and when to do what

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    probably he understood I was not good with jax.
    If you're not good with a character you definitely shouldn't be solo laning with them. Communication is key.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    If you're not good with a character you definitely shouldn't be solo laning with them. Communication is key.
    Yes I agree, but in elo hell sometimes u are forced, I'm trying to improve my solo top and jungling...

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I agree, but in elo hell sometimes u are forced, I'm trying to improve my solo top and jungling...
    I would try to do more practice in non ranked matches to get it all down first, although I'm not someone that would be very interested in doing ranked with pugs either.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

I realize this might be slightly off topic seeing as you're asking how to counter Singed while playing as Jax, but I tought I'd just throw this in anyways. Personally I wouldn't have picked jax versus singed, simply because hes melee.

Sure it's still very possible to win the lane, but when I go solo top versus a singed I will almost always play a champion that harass him without getting close enough for him to get his slow/toss up on you. Kennen, Teemo and vlad are all good options, kennen and vlad being the most common picks as far as I know.

IF you absolutely want to go melee I'd use Wukong or any other melee that can actually get in there, do some dmg and then get out without giving Singed the opportunity to toss you back into his poison.

When playing solo top it's absolutely paramount to try and counterpick their top, if possible. You're going to be alone in the lane most of the time, and it's the lane that is ganked the most at least at high ELO so if you're already struggling because of a bad pick their top/jungle will rip you too shreds. If you manage to counterpick you won't be so reliant on ganks from your jungler to succeed in lane, you could even tell the jungler to focus on mid/bot unless theres a stupidly obvious opportunity for a gank on top, and thereby your other lanes have a higher chance of winning.

Wow this was way off topic, sorry dude. Hopefully you get something out of it at least, good luck!

Deleted
    Actually is a logic and good answer...I should have chosen a ranged like vlad probably, the problem is I don't have neither vlad or teemo...sob...need to buy more champions!!!!!!!

Yeah, vlad is decent against, him however actually scoring a kill on him is hard. Simply because vlad doesn't have much damage early game either, and doesn't really get very dangerous before lvl 6-9. When vlad gets his Q + E leveled up decently, singed is already unkillable.

The best bet would probably be Kennen, plenty of dmg from the start, mobility to get away if he slows to try and toss you up, and when laning is over you are very strong in team fights

Ken does really well cus of a speed boost. Really if you can out run singed you take away the only thing that he has and he just falls apart pretty quickly. This is why I really like trundle vs singed. I imagine plenty of other people would do fine too, but one in particular I'd like to try out would be top lane Swain vs singed. A crippling slow and a bind I think could really give singed a lot of trouble getting near to you.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

Singed is my main and all I gotta say is... destroy him from the start, early ganks, stuns/cc, everything you've got! (before lvl 6)
    As people said, DO NOT CHASE, do not dive him under turrets as well (slow+fling and you're *****) and lastly... deny his farm as much as you can.

^^

Deleted
    Singed is actually one of the few champs that can take on Jax, and if you're not good at Jax and he's decent at Singed, you shouldn't win.

As others have already said singed is a hard match up when you play jax top. However I find it easy to play a bit aggressive at start (pre cata) punishing him every time he goes for a last hit or to spread the gas. However you can't actually win the lane as in deny him farm. Once he gets a few items all you can do is play extremely defensive, farm and try to gank mid/counterjungle.

Deleted
    Learn how to play all roles before you start ranked.

And people wonder why they are low elo.