Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Logonov View Post
    i think ill hold off on buying my new computer, just to anger people like you.
    I was being sarcastic by the way... I didn't expect most people to get that though xD

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    I was being sarcastic by the way... I didn't expect most people to get that though xD
    yeah, im not good at reading sarcasm on the interwebz. silly me
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

Nothing wrong with frugality.

No one ever got rich by keeping up with the Joneses.

No addiction is good. It should always be a priority to save money and do what you can, but if you were to spend a few dollars on something you wanted do you break a sweat because it's a few dollars less? That isn't healthy at all in any form or way no matter how much money you have. You say you invest a lot of money, but if investments go bad you will be out money...and if you're so addicted you get sweaty from spending a few dollars, how would you feel to blow thousands on a bad investment?

If you don't get itchy when you loose money, then that's fine. I mean obviously anyone in the right mind would be upset over losing money, but some people just go completely insane over it. But keep in mind if you want more out of life, don't be afraid to go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    The question you have to ask yourself is, "Is there anything more I want?"

If you don't want to live in a 2-storey 5-bedroom home, then don't spend your money on it.
    If you don't want a $200k sports car, then don't spend your money on it.

There's nothing wrong with saving money. However, if you do want something, but think that not spending is somehow better, then you need to change your mindset.
    I have to agree on this, if you are content with what you have then I see no problems.
    ◕ ‿ ◕ uguu~

It's not a problem unless there are things you want (or things you should be paying for) that you aren't getting purely because you think you should save.

However if you do not want something don't buy, buying things you don't want is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    If you're going to sit on it, I'd at least spend it on gold :P
    I don't think he's just siting on it, he said he has lots of investments.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks like you need to learn how to live
    Visit some forums regarding traveling, home decorating, cars, hobbies whatever and see if something catch your eye.
    There is nothing wrong with saving money but never using much of it when you have the possibility is really closing the door on alot of fun.

Also if you are in a relationship dump the man/woman cos dating is the best money sink in life
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

As long as you don't have it sit in a shitty bank account with crap returns I don't see the problem, I've saved(invested money) since day 1 when I got a job and it has paid off.

I got no loans(turning 28 this year), I don't owe a single penny to anyone, live in a decent appartment, got a nice car, got all the stuff that I want, and put money into savings every month, I do spend a fair bit of money though, esp on music. I got quite a big record collection, I think I've got records for a worth of maybe $30k.

I got most of my money in shares and use a rolling dividend schedule, so I get money almost every month of the year from returns, I do put 90% of my returns back into the shares though.

I've recently started a new stategy as well, which is really simple and easy, and it will hopefully save me both time and money, it's really basic, it's refered to as a MA50/MA200 strat and it's all about buying shares when MA50 crosses MA200 from below and when MA50 is on it's way back down... that is when MA50 crosses MA200 from the top you dump everything you got.

When it comes to my MA50/MA200 strat I've chosen to invest my money in a fund called AvanzaZero, mostly because the fund is fully free of charge, no commission whatsoever it also follows the SIX30RX which is really similiar to OMXS30 as far as values and share prices goes and I've not found a reliable way to monitor SIX30RX so I go by OMXS30 when looking for signals when to buy and dump, it has worked out great so far.

Sorry for geeking out, I love moneyz.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2012-06-06 at 04:04 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    I was about to effing say...

Anyway... his money is being spent whether he is doing the spending or not.

If he keeps it in banks, the bank is lending it out and boom, it's being spent.

If he keeps it in stocks, he's giving his money to someone else in exchange for their stock. They go and spend it on something else. Boom, it's being spent.

No matter what he does with his money, it's being spent.

Unless he keeps it under a mattress...

So you're a person that doesn't spend money for the sake of spending it. Yeah I'm like you in that way, but I wouldn't say I'm addicted to money.

10+ Year Old Account
    so youre saving money? whats wrong with that?
    Saving money right now could either be a really good, or really bad thing.

Good: You have money in case things really go to hell with the economy. This is assuming your money is still worth something if that happens.

Bad: Your money depreciates, where you could be investing it somewhere to make more, instead of just letting it sit. It also probably isn't gold or some other valuable resource, so that money has a small chance to just go poof if the banks really get in trouble again.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    If you're going to sit on it, I'd at least spend it on gold :P
    I can't think of a worse investment short of purchasing barren land with a military easement on it.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Saving money right now could either be a really good, or really bad thing.

Good: You have money in case things really go to hell with the economy. This is assuming your money is still worth something if that happens.

Bad: Your money depreciates, where you could be investing it somewhere to make more, instead of just letting it sit. It also probably isn't gold or some other valuable resource, so that money has a small chance to just go poof if the banks really get in trouble again.
    No it doesn't because of FDIC.

---------- Post added 2012-06-06 at 04:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    I can't think of a worse investment short of purchasing barren land with a military easement on it.
    Why? Gold has only ever gone up in value, it basically keeps your money from depreciating.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    You realize your money is just depreciating if you aren't doing anything with it, right?

But this is totally how I would live if I got a real job, too bad I can't seem to find one since graduation.
    Did you miss the part where he said he has lots of investments?

That could be any combination of the following, amongst likely other things, as well.

His land, gold, silver, platinum, real estate, stocks, bonds, etc etc. Roth I.R.A. Get it?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Spend all of your money on sweets.

Deleted
    Just buy what you need and save or give the rest.

If you don't want to buy anything just keep investing like you have been. Make your money work for you and reap the benifits.

Worse part is you could die any moment at any time in Life. Spend it, Live it, you could die anytime. Beat the Addiction buy something you don't need.

Current Games: HearthStone, Eve Online, and World of Tanks
    Current Game: Final Fantasy XIV - "Hyperion" Server
    Current Game: Tera - "Valley of Titans" Server
    Current Game: WoW: MoP & Planetside 2 - BETA
    Current Game: SWTOR - "The Fatman" Server

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Spend all of your money on sweets.
    Thought you would say "spend 'em at your local pub!"
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.