Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    I have it's insanely hard i know, sure they can scale it down but all the way? seems like it will be very easy if it's like solo play when in 4 man group thats all.
    I think the idea is that mobs hit for a lot in single player. They hit sufficiently hard to challenge most players. Making them hit harder, just for having three other players, doesn't really make sense since they already hit plenty hard.

However, mobs still are going to have more health for more players, which makes sense, and there will be more of them.

The only thing that is changing is the damage output.

Deleted
    Pretty much every single change makes sense and seems like a step in the right direction. In most cases I was just thinking "Why didn't you do this from the beginning!?".

Quote Originally Posted by Duskmourne View Post
    I think the idea is that mobs hit for a lot in single player. They hit sufficiently hard to challenge most players. Making them hit harder, just for having three other players, doesn't really make sense since they already hit plenty hard.

However, mobs still are going to have more health for more players, which makes sense, and there will be more of them.

The only thing that is changing is the damage output.
    It is already easier to play in a 4 man group esp with the buffs and the fact each player can deal with one elite in each pack by splitting them up which already reduces the overall dmg significantly. Also the fact with 3 others in a group you have better chance of getting a item
    for your class.

With this nerf group play will be the only way to go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamCast View Post
    It is already easier to play in a 4 man group esp with the buffs and the fact each player can deal with one elite in each pack by splitting them up which already reduces the overall dmg significantly. Also the fact with 3 others in a group you have better chance of getting a item
    for your class.

I disagree with the bolded part. In some 4 man groups perhaps, if they are properly balanced and the players can communicate well and play well together then they are easier but the vast majority of group play feels to me like its harder than solo.

Also why would group play be the only way to go if its easier than solo? I agree that this change will make it much easier than solo for good organized groups but its not like solo is getting changed, anyone who is soloing right now can continue to easily do so after the patch. I quite like this change, it means I can group with someone who perhaps isn't great at the game or doesn't have skype and I won't feel like I'm going much slower than I did solo (which is the case atm).

Deleted
    Currently playing in coop is only interesting if you have a melee character able to somewhat "tank", at least to block elites in doorway for a short time.

If you only have ranged characters, or weak/low hp/resist, the "multiplayer" kiting is usually quit messy, and also much less efficient than in solo play.

Also it's not rewarding if you invest into a MF gear and your friends do not, and you also loose the MF from your companion. Scripted boss fights are much easier thanks to chain rezzing though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinaaja View Post
    Inferno acts 2-4 are too hard to be fun atm. That's a fact. Some basementvirgins think it's fine, but it's not. It's a good thing that Blizzard caters to the majority. I bet you were one of the peope who used to whine about RMAH and how Blizzard makes the game pay-2-win. Now you whine about not needing RMAH items to progress through acts 2-4.

For most players, Inferno acts 2-4 are not fun. They're annoying. And those players are not mouthbreathers, they are the people with lives. More successful lives than you most likely will ever have. But go ahead and keep trying to boost your lowsy self-esteem by calling people mouthbreathers in the internetz.
    Even if you may have a point about Inferno Mode and that it is not that fun for a lot of players in its current state, the last part of the comment was just low. I would suggest that you get off your high horse there, mr. "I have a life".

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamCast View Post
    for your class.

I can tank most stuff in Act 2/3 on my Monk when I play alone.
    When I group with 2-3 people the mobs pretty much 2-3shot me.

So yes, this was a "needed" change. It's not very fun for melees when stuff in Act-2 suddenly hits as hard as stuff in Act3-4 when there are more than 2 people in the game.

Sure it's interesting to be able to tank as a melee. But in a 4-player game you cant unless you really outgear the said act.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    Except I've cleared it on 1 class and I am just now about to start Act 4 on a second class. Hell I've done so much Inferno that I could probably teach it somewhere .
    Nope... Well not just ranged, I have three level 60s, Barb, DH, Monk. Last week or so I've been playing Barb only, finishing Act 3 as we speak. http://oi50.tinypic.com/a6ts2.jpg
    storm, string of ears, good stats and you think the game is too easy? well duh...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinaaja View Post
    For most players, Inferno acts 2-4 are not fun. They're annoying. And those players are not mouthbreathers, they are the people with lives. More successful lives than you most likely will ever have. But go ahead and keep trying to boost your lowsy self-esteem by calling people mouthbreathers in the internetz.
    There goes the "at least I have a life" card.

I'll get my bachelors degree in a year and I'm living with 2 of my friends
    attending the same college. I don't know if this qualifies as a life but I'm
    perfectly happy how things are going for me.

If you don't like challenges go play Hell. It's the exact same thing as
    inferno but not as challenging.

The only difference between people who clear inferno and the people
    who QQ that it's too hard is the fact that those who clear it enjoy the
    challenge and don't play because of the story and cut scenes, but because
    they want to beat it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    snip
    If you don't want people to insult you then maybe you shouldn't call them "mouthbreather QQers". Even if your sentiment is justified saying it in that way just baits an argument.

And maybe you don't find Inferno hard, I know some people who find Normal to be hard. So its all relative, wheather something is "too" hard or not is completely subjective. You must admit one thing though, the jump in difficulty between Acts 1 and 2 is kind if ridiculeous. Either Act 1 needed to go up or Act 2 needed to go down, or a little of both. The gap between 2 and 3 right now is much more realistic, you feel like the mobs got a fair bit more health and damage but its not an insanely large difference. At least that's my take on it.

As for farming, I don't really care. I like the change because I enjoys Act 1 just on the design of it, along with Act 3 they are my favorite in the game so I like having the freedom to farm wherever I want and still get decent loot. After all "farming" in and of itself is never meant to be really challenging, anything to make it more fun seems like a good change.