Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    I like HTC myself (current phone is an s-off incredible S and previously used a wildfire S), but their not including a microSD slot in the one series was just dumb.
    agreed! Beyond that though the phone is amazing.
    'Cause what the world needs now
    is a new Frank Sinatra
    so I can get you in bed.

I guess the only thing that is making me reconsider wanting the S3 is the battery life. The S3 has the AllShare Play feature or whatever is called which seems really cool especially since I have a SmartTV. The whole S Voice thing doesn't appeal to me at all. I'll probably use it a few times to show my friends but other than that I'll never touch it. Also I heard that the S3 has the ability to be used overseas but that will only be released in an OTA update in the near future. This might prove useful when I go to Italy next summer.

Its sad how hard of a decision this is.

It's not sad... it's amazing.
    That you have many options to pick from... That is NEVER a bad thing.

S-voice... isn't for everyone. It's a more comprehensive SIRI. I pretty much only use SIRI for my work phone to manage my calender. I would do google searches but... SIRI won't do that. S-Voice will.

By August there will be plenty of information on the battery life of the S3. If you aren't in a huge hurry... wait until then.
    'Cause what the world needs now
    is a new Frank Sinatra
    so I can get you in bed.

S3 over Razr Maxx. BUT, if you can wait a tad bit longer, Razr HD (Fighter) is just around the corner. You know it's close because pics are starting to pop up. http://androidcommunity.com/verizon-...-all-20120608/

I have the S3 on pre-order, but am going to cancel for the Razr HD. Motorola's are quality!

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    huge smartphone nerd<

HTC>samsung>.....>moto

the galaxy sIII is a far better phone, while the razer maxx is pretty decent but performance wise it is considerably behind what the s3 will be. the s3 along with the htc onex( and evo lte) if put in intels terms is like a "tock" in the tick tock. its the start of the "next gen" android devices while the razer maxx is the end of the old generation, not just in the obvious software reasons(ICS) but in hardware. the snapdragon s4 is a beast of a cell processor..while the omap in the razer maxx is sort of middle of the pack even in its own generation.

worth noting, the snapdragon processor in artificial benchmarks is in some cases over a 100% increase in performance for both single and multi-threaded applications.
    Last edited by jmacphee9; 2012-06-09 at 07:47 AM.
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    Aside from the other posts, unfortunately I've had a negative Samsung experience. I had the original Galaxy S. I needed some type of holy miracle to get and keep a GPS signal, even on the open road. It was HORRIBLE. I'd lose GPS signal constantly and pray it would pickup before the next turn. I had 3 of the same model sent to me and all 3 had the same issue. Lots of the reviews for the phone included this as an existing problem with the original Galaxy S series.

The lack of adequate GPS connectivity is what pushed me away from Samsung. It's possible they cleared that all up in the S2 version, but I was always afraid to take the leap. The S3 does look pretty spiffy, as to the specifications. However, it is said that because Samsung increased the screen res, the number of pixels is actually smaller so the image may not be as bright or vibrant as the S2 (I may have quoted this wrong)

There are fixes for that. Granted I went and just put a custom rom on mine(Galaxy S) there are fixes for the gps reception.

Edit: I've had a positive experience with samsung so far with the original galaxy S.

Well the thing with Samsung is, they are notorious for having crappy radios on Verizon's network. The most current Samsung phone that has problems with CDMA is the Nexus.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have had the SI and SII for ages and both are phenomenal and were the top during their time. I haven't looked into the S3 but I am getting it next week. (Brother is keeping the SII due to preference.) Experience alone leads me to Samsung who always make wonderful products and I would assume S3 follows its predecessors style.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I have no idea what Verizon is, and it sucks that you have a worse telephone in the SIII in the US compared to the world.

I'd give my nod to the SIII though. I know Samsung, I have used phones of theirs. The resolution is better, the listed battery time is better, despite having a smaller cap bat, its performance is better, its screens physical size is bigger.
    Motorola is by no means bad, at all. I just have personal experience with Samsung and wouldn't have traded it away.
    Actually, they have the same resolution. The S3 is a pentile display though, so colors show up a lot brighter and better on the MAXX. The battery on the MAXX kicks the crap out of all other 4G phones, but the S3 will most likely get Jelly Bean (the new Android version) before the MAXX. The MAXX just got ICS which has been out for a year now. I prefer Motorola, usually because they get better reception (Motorola modems are rugged as hell and work hard). Samsung has fewer bugs on their stuff and fix them faster when they do get them. You can't really go wrong with either, OP. Personally, I use the MAXX because I needed a phone in January and Verizon wasn't playing nice with the Nexus program (the Galaxy Nexus wasn't worth it if your were Verizon in my opinion). Hope that helps, OP

---------- Post added 2012-06-28 at 11:42 PM ----------

Also, this might help you:

http://smartphones.techcrunch.com/co...sung-Galaxy-S3

The only thing out of date on it is the MAXX gets ICS this week. Mine got it on Saturday because I was selected for soak-testing. Everyone else should have it by next week though. It's good ^_^

Is buying non-contract not an option? US carrier versions are notorious for altering the hardware (and software for that matter) and always fucking it up.