Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
53
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorgl View Post
    Yeah I was just saying that as it's kind of hard to know if the tone used in a foreign language reflects what you wanted. :P (Better safe than sorry, especially on forums where things can heat up quite quickly for no reason ^^)

    Back on the topic : Actually you're right on the fact that melee healing is mostly, well, melee DPS. :P I didn't remember correctly what Blizz said :
    Melee healing Mistweaver : You position your statue near the ranged to heal them, and you are in melee. Your rotation is similar to a Windwalker’s, except you spread Renewing Mists out and Uplift during AOE phases. For AOE, you use Spinning Crane Kick and one of the last tier talents. You almost never cast Soothing Mist, Enveloping Mist or hard cast a Surging Mist unless you absolutely have to. If something doesn’t deal damage, you don’t want to cast it.

    Ranged healing Mistweaver : You aren’t in melee, you’re at range. You may position your statue near the melee since they're farthest away. You mostly cast Soothing Mist since your statue also casts it with you, and burn through your Chi with Enveloping Mist. While moving you put down Healing Spheres near people you think may become injured (or on top of those who are). If you want to add in some damage, cast Cracking Jade Lightning. Cast Renewing Mist whenever it's up. Roll/Chi Torpedo into injured members and use Spinning Crane Kick to heal them up. Use the Chi you generate through Spinning Crane Kick on Uplift.

    Also, depending on the fight, you can switch between both of those modes (using Transcendence to teleport back and forth into melee). There will inevitably be encounters where one is better than the other, and we feel that’s okay. That is going to the life of a Mistweaver Monk.

    (Found it on my guild forum where I copied it )

    So yeah, when your assign in raid is to heal the melee I guess you mainly DPS though you still want to keep and eye on the raid UI to handle Surging, Renewing and Uplift correctly. Then if Agility gear is better atm, it should be (and probably will be ?) fixed as it's really clunky to have two entirly different gears to heal (and having to gear Agility and reforge secondary stat to spirit is really weird ).

    In heroics, as you say, we often have to stop DPS-healing to provide a more sustained healing on the tank (Hi there Korloff ! :P), and even in raids according to Blizz, so having a consistent gear for both the roles will be very important.
    ... Good luck to Blizz for balancing both types of healings so the secondary stats' weight are more or less the same. \o/
    I personally haven't tested out "melee healing" in agility gear just because it's a bug and is bound to be fixed eventually.

    Now as I've said before, I can see doing the occasional Jab/Tiger Palm/Blackout Kicks and possibly Spinning Crane Kick.
    It all comes down to the situation and what it calls for(Melee DPS, ranged).

    Positioning yourself with Transcendence is really going to make switching between melee and ranged a lot easier.


    They just need to fix our Serpent stance! >.<


    Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    Very nice guide, I especially like the format.

    The only thing I'd like to see is the glyph section to be expanded a bit, adding all the possible choices instead of only listing 3. This way it won't look like they are the mandatory ones.

    Anything else looks really nice, though. If there were a way to vote for a sticky, I would!
    Good recommendation. I already planned on expanding the glyph section today or tomorrow(depending if I'm too busy editing video strats)
    Last edited by EGTactics; 2012-06-11 at 06:55 PM.
    Currently Playing: Minecraft, Diablo III, EQNext Landmark, RIFT
    Waiting for: EQNext, Wildstar.

  2. #42
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    829
    No no EGT you get it wrong. its not 2 diffrent healing classes in same specilazation. the post i did eariler the guy explained it how its works atm. Its a bug/glitch that making the SP->AP not working on our spells/abilities. Its taking it from our melee AP that we have befor the 200% buff from serpant stance.

    So if you have 25k AP in intell gear thats just "air" its nothing since its not working. However if you are in agi gear your attackpower you have then is working thats why it makes our abilities/spell that scales wiht AP (witch is most of them now) stronger then in intell gear. But yes its a bug/glitch.

    You could try it out yourself on a dummy and you will see de diffrent in the dmg numbers thats popping up. or go read on the offical forums since im kinda bad to explaning this. And he did it really good

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatuin View Post
    No no EGT you get it wrong. its not 2 diffrent healing classes in same specilazation. the post i did eariler the guy explained it how its works atm. Its a bug/glitch that making the SP->AP not working on our spells/abilities. Its taking it from our melee AP that we have befor the 200% buff from serpant stance.

    So if you have 25k AP in intell gear thats just "air" its nothing since its not working. However if you are in agi gear your attackpower you have then is working thats why it makes our abilities/spell that scales wiht AP (witch is most of them now) stronger then in intell gear. But yes its a bug/glitch.

    You could try it out yourself on a dummy and you will see de diffrent in the dmg numbers thats popping up. or go read on the offical forums since im kinda bad to explaning this. And he did it really good
    I understand what was explained, I just don't see wasting the time investing in something that's a bug, experimental or not.
    Currently Playing: Minecraft, Diablo III, EQNext Landmark, RIFT
    Waiting for: EQNext, Wildstar.

  4. #44
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    829
    True but its good to test so you have a clue of how the healing will be for melee healers and thoese who choose to heal in that way over the ranged style. So you can extend your melee healing bit wiht some more info For me it was usefull to see how much i will be abel to heal for when it works

  5. #45

    lala

    With the new upcoming expansion of World of Warcraft Panda population across the world is expected to rise 10,000 percent. Not only will they no longer be extinct, they will become one of the most highly populated mammals on the planet! Cheers to the Devo team at Blizzard in California!

    Let's try to stay on topic, okay? - Malthanis
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2012-06-11 at 10:33 PM.

  6. #46
    @Kbafewx The awkward moment when monks aren't pandarian exclusive.. I also have a reason to believe 10,000 percent is a inaccurate number as there are currently no Pandarian in game so how does 0 go up in a percentage? Besides that flaw in your trolling 10,000 percent would imply that only 10,000 pandarians are in-game in total including NPC and players which is a very low percent, Where did you get these ludicrous numbers?

    OT: Without any testing i have a strong feeling ranged healing will be favoured, Melee being used in dps race fights and PvP but then again it could be that we weave in what we can doing ranged AND melee just my thought from first glance.

    Edit: How does the current melee healing feel like? Fluid? Clunky?

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    @Kbafewx The awkward moment when monks aren't pandarian exclusive.. I also have a reason to believe 10,000 percent is a inaccurate number as there are currently no Pandarian in game so how does 0 go up in a percentage? Besides that flaw in your trolling 10,000 percent would imply that only 10,000 pandarians are in-game in total including NPC and players which is a very low percent, Where did you get these ludicrous numbers?

    OT: Without any testing i have a strong feeling ranged healing will be favoured, Melee being used in dps race fights and PvP but then again it could be that we weave in what we can doing ranged AND melee just my thought from first glance.

    Edit: How does the current melee healing feel like? Fluid? Clunky?
    If our auto attack actually worked(I cant auto attack as a Mistweaver for some reason?) it would be a bit more fluid.

    My healing output with Renewing Mists on everyone /w Crackling Jade Lightning, is enough for most fights(boss included). Really depends on your tank/class of tank.
    Currently Playing: Minecraft, Diablo III, EQNext Landmark, RIFT
    Waiting for: EQNext, Wildstar.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by EGTactics View Post
    If our auto attack actually worked(I cant auto attack as a Mistweaver for some reason?) it would be a bit more fluid.

    My healing output with Renewing Mists on everyone /w Crackling Jade Lightning, is enough for most fights(boss included). Really depends on your tank/class of tank.
    Seems like monks will be the must have healer for challange modes pretty much a 4 dps 1 tank set up in that case.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Seems like monks will be the must have healer for challange modes pretty much a 4 dps 1 tank set up in that case.
    Exactly!
    That fact we can do decent damage while doing some healing output is what attracted me to Mistweaver in the first place.

    • The remaining glyphs have been added to the Mistweaver Guide for those that were asking.
    Last edited by EGTactics; 2012-06-12 at 04:20 AM.
    Currently Playing: Minecraft, Diablo III, EQNext Landmark, RIFT
    Waiting for: EQNext, Wildstar.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by EGTactics View Post
    Exactly!
    That fact we can do decent damage while doing some healing output is what attracted me to Mistweaver in the first place.
    Personally its the versatility that first got me, The fact that they can damage to heal aswell as heal normally is what makes me want a monk as my main. You can completly change your playstyle around.

    Edit: What's with the placement of our statue? From what i've heard if your dps healing you place your statue with ranged. If your healing normally you place it in melee. Is this true or does it not even matter?
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-06-12 at 04:53 AM.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Seems like monks will be the must have healer for challange modes pretty much a 4 dps 1 tank set up in that case.

    Personally its the versatility that first got me, The fact that they can damage to heal aswell as heal normally is what makes me want a monk as my main. You can completly change your playstyle around.

    Edit: What's with the placement of our statue? From what i've heard if your dps healing you place your statue with ranged. If your healing normally you place it in melee. Is this true or does it not even matter?
    Don't forget about the old smite priest as well!!! Mine has been rocking the heroics quite fine recently.

    As for statue placement, you really want to keep it around where people will be hanging out the most as the copied Soothing Mist is big hps boost and important on bosses and even some trash (packs before final boss in Shadow Pan Monastery, ouch). It just becomes a feel thing once you know the bosses and the strats for them, so I think it will be placed on a boss by boss basis.
    Last edited by Apellosine; 2012-06-12 at 05:06 AM.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Apellosine View Post
    Don't forget about the old smite priest as well!!! Mine has been rocking the heroics quite fine recently.
    Haha honestly didn't know that was still happening, Havn't seen a Smite priest in ages.

  13. #53
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    829
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Personally its the versatility that first got me, The fact that they can damage to heal aswell as heal normally is what makes me want a monk as my main. You can completly change your playstyle around.

    Edit: What's with the placement of our statue? From what i've heard if your dps healing you place your statue with ranged. If your healing normally you place it in melee. Is this true or does it not even matter?
    I place my statue often betwen the range dps and the melee. In herocis its not often you move to much away from the statue a long distqnce. Most bosses you can keep on the same spot. But i bet it will be diffrent in raids so then you might need to switch place on it . Yet i havent seen a boss fight in heroics that takes alot longer then 3min to kill. Only last boss in "siege of the setting sun"

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatuin View Post
    I place my statue often betwen the range dps and the melee. In herocis its not often you move to much away from the statue a long distqnce. Most bosses you can keep on the same spot. But i bet it will be diffrent in raids so then you might need to switch place on it . Yet i havent seen a boss fight in heroics that takes alot longer then 3min to kill. Only last boss in "siege of the setting sun"
    This ^.

    Placing it between ranged/melee seems to work pretty well.
    Currently Playing: Minecraft, Diablo III, EQNext Landmark, RIFT
    Waiting for: EQNext, Wildstar.

  15. #55
    Stood in the Fire Yorgl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by EGTactics View Post
    If our auto attack actually worked(I cant auto attack as a Mistweaver for some reason?) it would be a bit more fluid.
    Oh, that's weird. oO Which class / gender are you ? (Just an assumption of a possible bug, nothing known afaik)
    I can autoattack without any problem on my MW and I loooked at my combat log, using BoK actually makes autoattack heal thanks to TotM.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorgl View Post
    Oh, that's weird. oO Which class / gender are you ? (Just an assumption of a possible bug, nothing known afaik)
    I can autoattack without any problem on my MW and I loooked at my combat log, using BoK actually makes autoattack heal thanks to TotM.
    I think it's a common misconception that autoattack doesn't work, since jab and other skills seem to reset the swingtimer, so atm in dungeons/solo you wont really see alot of white hits. It also seems that the range on our skills is further than our autoattack, but that might just be me not waiting enough for it to actually go off

    edit:
    Also I'm really looking forward to getting a fixed serpent stance, that will make my fun MW even more fun I think. And also make solo play a bit less of a struggle as I'm not gonna get any agi gear and use WW
    But I must say that I'm having more fun healing on my MW than i have had on any other char, and I have healed on almost all classes.
    Last edited by Calzone; 2012-06-12 at 08:36 AM.

  17. #57
    Stood in the Fire Yorgl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    362
    Oh, thanks for the information, never noticed that.
    On unrelated note : your nick just made me so hungry. -_-'

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorgl View Post
    Oh, thanks for the information, never noticed that.
    On unrelated note : your nick just made me so hungry. -_-'
    It has that effect on many people

  19. #59
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    829
    Quote Originally Posted by EGTactics View Post
    If our auto attack actually worked(I cant auto attack as a Mistweaver for some reason?) it would be a bit more fluid.
    As other said my autoattacks does also work. Wiht the BoK buff x2 it heals for 15k or more. But might be that jab,TP and BoK habe a bigger range then autoattacks and thats why you dont hit the target wiht them.

    ---------- Post added 2012-06-12 at 03:33 PM ----------

    I was looking true the spell book and found Way of the Monk
    And iknow its working when we have a staff/polearm but the dualwield is kinda stupid to have there since we cant really DW. But it would be cool if it would count if we have a off-hand item in our hands. Cuz 40% increase autoattack dmg would bee damn good wiht hte BoK buff.

    And do anyone know if Tiger Strikes have a internal CD and how long it would be?

    ---------- Post added 2012-06-12 at 03:42 PM ----------

    Serpent's Zeal When you have that buff x2 and your statue out both your eminence and the statue heals for the same amount. Dont know if that is a bug or its intended. But its kinda cool. That from a autoattack getting around 70k heal.

  20. #60
    Well, this is kinda funny... Just got home and jumped on my panda, and now the scaling seems to be working like it should. Im in all healing gear and have 26.065 ATK power wich i didnt have yesterday where it was 0. So this is gonna be fun

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •