Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    From what Russ Brown said in the Livestream, it seems Regulos wouldn't even be the end boss, he said it'll be a mid level raid, maybe level 54-56?

So Crucia seems to be the final boss, who'd have thought
    I think what he meant was a mid level 'Tier' Raid for example what Hammerknell/Rise of the phoenix is now, Would'nt make much sense to have a raid at 54-56, when you can just zerg through it at 60 :P

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    I think what he meant was a mid level 'Tier' Raid for example what Hammerknell/Rise of the phoenix is now, Would'nt make much sense to have a raid at 54-56, when you can just zerg through it at 60 :P
    Basically the same idea as Blizz having the raids available on the pts, but not available at launch. Regulos would make sense for a Tier 4 or 5 raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    I was thinking the same exact thing, but one thing really stood out for me, is how he said "i'll have to check the level range on that" when asked about whether or not this raid was for launch, and said that shortly after the other part of the segment. I mean maybe that's just odd phrasing but, "level range" really just seems like an odd choice. Like i said before i think you're dead on with the HK/RotP comparison, but idk, i still want to hear straight up denial that it isn't some mid 50s range raid, though i think that'd be a complete waste of development time lol.

Deleted
    Exactly as I thought, Decoy_Trion aka Mr Adam Hetenyi cleared a few things on the official forums

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy_Trion
    Calm down, brosauce! A level 55 raid in a level 60 expansion would be a terrible idea. Those individuals mentioning GSB/RoS have the right notion.And yes, the Regulos raid instance (SPOILERSSSSSS it's called Endless Eclipse) is exceedingly awesome. The artists have really outdone themselves and I think everyone will be damn impressed by their work on Storm Legion's raids and dungeons.
    He is right, a Level 55 raid in a expansion would be a absolutely terrible idea as everyone would just get to 60 in the first week and then faceroll zerg it making it obselete in a matter of days :P

I always got the impression that Regulos was the big deal, bigger then Crucia. This makes no sense...
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    I always got the impression that Regulos was the big deal, bigger then Crucia. This makes no sense...
    Same here, could be that we just banish him or maybe they have some greater evil waiting for us?

I suspect Crucia may be first, then Regulos... the third raid could see us going beyond the Ward...

That or we don't kill Regulos, we just banish him and gain something that we need to move on to defeat Crucia. Who knows. Exciting part is finding out

Well the whole story about the Bloodstorm is that Regulos was the 'leader' and Crucia was sort of 2nd in command.
    She made a play for the crown and that's when all the Dragons were locked away, now they're breaking out and we're stopping them again.
    Obviously Crucia has been doing something with her self all this time building the Storm Legion and increasing her power, Regulos has probably just been sitting on his ass.
    That's possibly why she's 'more powerful' than Regulos.

I doubt Crucia will be the first raid of the tier, being the primary antagonist you can't kill her off in the first month.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 2012-09-03 at 10:47 PM.

It is true that Regulos is presented as the bigger threat in the beginning of Rift. Regulos was the leader of the Blood Storm (Regulos, Crucia, Maelforge, Laethys, Greenscale, and Akylios) until the invasion of Telara when the Blood Storm breaks up. Also, Regulos was the last of the dragons to be imprisoned. During the introduction zone for both the Guardian (happens in the pass) and the Defiant (happens in the future) Regulos is presented as the biggest threat.

However ...

If you do the Endless Saga chain quest, it is revealed that Crucia is actually more powerful then Regulos. Basically,the Air plane is more powerful then the Death plane. Air is etheral and death cannot touch it, if you can not touch it, you cannot kill it. Death really needs killing to get its power. However unlike the Life plane which can weaken Death plane but life plane is also weaken (Greenscales imprisonment and Talon of Regulos prison in the Black Garden are good examples), the Air plane does weaken Death plane but the Air plane does not get weaken by the Death plane at all. In addition, if you collect the books in Rift, you notice that it seems to have take a lot more effort to imprisoned Crucia then Regulos.

As for vanilla Rift, Regulos does talk to you at the end of the River of Souls raid, thanks you for your efforts (Regulos loves killing), and wants you to continue to doing what you are doing. Crucia minions are spending their time trying to free Crucia (she is imprison in the frozen lake in Iron Pine Peaks where all the buildings are half submerge), and trying to free the part of the Storm Legion that is frozen. Crucia will make her appearance in update 1.11 when she finally gets freed.

In Storm Legion, you will find out that things go badly for Regulos. While both sides have a huge armies, Crucia army has better officers (she has been taking the best commanders from every planet the Blood Storm destroyed) and her army is very technically advantage. You should be fighting Regulos in one of the beginning 3 raids at the start of Storm Legion (however it seems like you will have to do the other 2 raids first in order to go fight Regulos).

Hope that helps you out.
    Last edited by Ahriman; 2012-09-20 at 11:13 PM.

Huh. That makes more sense now and is actually really interesting ; nice inversion of what we expect, and some cool depth to the dynamics of the bad guys ^^
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

There's no guarantee we'll kill Regulos in SL, though that's certainly a possibility. It could be like fighting Kil'jaeden in Sunwell Plateau. Like Migey said, it is a nice inversion of expectations, so if he does get his ass whupped for good, I'm fine with that. If he's only tossed aside for awhile, I won't complain either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they haven't lost their sense of humor. It looks like they've updated their SL page ever so slightly.....lol

http://stormlegion.riftgame.com/en/

WOW. That is just insane. Hilarious.

Deleted
    *We're donating $1 to Pandas International for every pre-order on StormLegion.com.
    (excluding Alabama, Massachusetts, and South Carolina, even though we really wish they'd let us)
    So instead of killing pandas we will help them? Hahah i just love Trion
    Last edited by mmoc2d62ae1d16; 2012-09-26 at 01:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elrar has posted a few new screenies of nasties we get to fight in Storm Legion

Original article and some Lore to go with the screenies at:

Source: http://community.riftgame.com/en/201...yond-the-ward/

10+ Year Old Account
    2nd picture down looks more like a mount...

15+ Year Old Account
    they need to add Crossbows to this game *hint**hint* Elrar

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    2nd picture down looks more like a mount...
    Looks more like a bazooka you fool!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Looks more like a bazooka you fool!
    That's what came to my mind, looked like a rifle.

*EDIT* WAIT, NO, IT'S THE TACTICIANS FLAMETHROWER!!!