• Revan

47 27.33%
Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

MMO-Champion Ultimate Showdown Round 2 Match 3: Goku vs. Revan

Brackets located here

This matchup features Goku

Goku is the main protagonist in the Dragon Ball/Z series. Kind-hearted and pure, Goku has saved the earth many times over. Through training, he has gained superhuman strength and durability. He also possesses super speed and swift reflexes, and can perform energy blasts formed from chi. Goku's signature move is the kamehameha wave, a ki blast taught by Master Roshi. He also learns the Spirit Bomb, which allows him to use energy from other living beings, and the kaio-ken, from King Kai, one of the guardians of the universe. He also learned what he calls "instant transmission", which allows him to teleport great distances. Goku's power becomes so great it rivals and even surpasses gods.

Versus Revan

Revan is the player's character in BioWare's Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic video game. The character may be either male or female, though Revan is canonically male and follows the game's light-side path. Revan was the most powerful Jedi of his time, and proved his mettle during difficult and challenging scenarios. He was a skilled swordsman. While dueling his opponents, he performed acrobatic maneuvers to increase his effectiveness. Revan also used his advanced precognition abilities to anticipate the dueling moves of his opponents in advance with high accuracy to effectively counter them, and outsmart his opponents.
    He was strong in the Force—the most gifted of his time—and eventually, by all accounts, managed to gain exceptional command of the Force. Revan could use the Force to augment his physical strength, speed, and perform various acrobatic feats. He had incredible Force sense abilities. With focus, he could sense the presence of another Force-user across the span of the entire Galaxy. He could also use the Force to assist him under challenging situations which involved precise judgements. Also force lightning, telekinesis, "steal knowledge", resistant to drugs and poison, and mind control.

Revan has 10 times the moveset, a better mentality towards fighting, more experience, both sides of the Force, weapons training, equal accomplishments at least, and hugely advanced technology. Goku has strictly stronger powers, but Revan's literally everything else, for me, invalidates that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Revan has 10 times the moveset, a better mentality towards fighting, more experience, both sides of the Force, weapons training, equal accomplishments at least, and hugely advanced technology. Goku has strictly stronger powers, but Revan's literally everything else, for me, invalidates that.
    How the hell does Revan have a better moveset than Goku?

10+ Year Old Account
    What? Is this a joke? Revan is not even remotely close to being on Goku’s level.

Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    How the hell does Revan have a better moveset than Goku?
    The Force. Martial arts training. Blaster training. Lightsaber training.

Compared to:

Energy manipulation. Martial arts.

Diversity in combat is not exactly DBZ's strong suit, ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the farmers market with my "so called girl-friend"
    Well this is an interesting mach up, my moneys on Goku.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    Q: What's Black, White and Asian all at the same time?
    A: Pandas. Easing racial tensions since 1999.

Compared to:

Goku doesn't need a large diversity of moves. He is much faster and much stronger than Revan. I don't think it would be possible for Revan to realistically keep up with Goku's.

It doesn't matter what Revan could do since he couldn't match Goku's speed. If Goku got in a few punches, I believe Revan would be dead.

Goku win's in a 3 second fight

10+ Year Old Account
    For as much as I like Revan (his first match here even made me go and play KOTOR), Goku could probably beat him with his eyes closed. Such is the power of "godlike" characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Replace Cell with Revan and I think we have are winner.

Quote Originally Posted by terrorsolda View Post
    Goku doesn't need a large diversity of moves. He is much faster and much stronger than Revan. I don't think it would be possible for Revan to realistically keep up with Goku's.

It doesn't matter what Revan could do since he couldn't match Goku's speed. If Goku got in a few punches, I believe Revan would be dead.
    Their speed in combat is greatly exaggerated.

Anyway, I'm not particularly interested in any discussion about Goku, so I'm done here. Feel free to debate my blasphemies without me.
    Last edited by Caiada; 2012-06-21 at 11:34 PM.

Just check what does the scanner say about his power level ... :]

Deleted

Compared to:

So Revan has more moves. That doesn't matter because Goku can Fly extremely fast, Teleport pretty much everywhere, and probably has enough Power to blow up the Universe. How exactly is Revan going to win against that?

So Revan has more moves. That doesn't matter because Goku can Fly extremely fast, Teleport pretty much everywhere, and probably has enough Power to blow up the Universe. How exactly is Revan going to win against that?
    Yeah lol, explain this XD.

Their speed in combat is greatly exaggerated.
    LOL how is his combat speed exaggerated? He moves that fast in the show because he simply moves that fast... that's like me claiming Revan's force training and his skill set is exaggerated, complete BS gtfo.

You can teleport with the Force, assuming Revan learned that ability. He could slow down time too, which makes the extreme speed kind of useless.

There is absolutely no way Revan is the winner here. Goku is the prime example of a character being so overpowered, the only thing that would wipe him out would be the annihilation of the universe. Sure he dies, then he comes back, even stronger.

You really can do so damn little against someone that can just blow up a planet if he so wanted.

That said, I'm voting for Revan. Goku needs to GTFO out of such contests or he'll just win. :S

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    For as much as I like Revan (his first match here even made me go and play KOTOR), Goku could probably beat him with his eyes closed. Such is the power of "godlike" characters.
    Revan is as close to god-like in the Star Wars Universe as you can pretty much get. His only comparison is Emperor Vitiate and Kuun with his amulet. In the entire star wars saga (with the exception of those force beings in the new clone wars). Most of his powers come from events after KOTOR. Just wanted to add that.

As to Goku's speed which is exceptional. Revan can predict what Goku's going to be doing through the force so that really helps him there. Also don't underestimate his immense speed when augmented by both the light and dark side of the force. Stick his saber out where Goku is going to pop up to hit him for example in regard to his precognition.

Goku's pure strength is where the advantage is. AS powerful as Revan is, he was unable to handle a fully charged blast of force lightning from Vitiate in the books. Just a straight out brute force blast that had everything the other guy had in it. A blast the size of what Goku can dish out would be greater then that. His Force defenses cannot handle something like a galaxy ending explosion. It's just to much. Vitiate would even get fried by one.

Revan is much more cunning though. The ways I could see him winning is if he beat Goku's mind which is doubtful since Goku has so much will. Dominate his mind, mind trick him and cause him to hallucinate so he get in close for a cut. I really can't see that happening to Goku though so I'll have to give it to him as much as I love Revan. No Jedi or Sith can win compared with someone like DBZ characters in the later seasons. Jedi/Sith powers are just generally much more toned down and subtle. The galaxy ending energy waves of DBZ characters are just to much.

Even if Revan somehow new the Sith ritual that was used to supernova a star at one point, that wouldn't even be enough to kill Goku and he himself would surely die. Maybe if Revan got his hands on Kuun's amulet. Then we might have a fight that threatens Goku.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-06-22 at 12:17 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

It's a pretty one sided match up imo. Goku, super speed, super strength, teleportation, reality bending SS4, regularly makes gods look like chumps. Oh, and fyi, SS2 Gohan and Perfect Cell both take Destructo Discs without a scratch. Pretty sure SS4 Goku can handle a Lightsaber that can't even easily cut Cortosis.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2012-06-22 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    You can teleport with the Force, assuming Revan learned that ability. He could slow down time too, which makes the extreme speed kind of useless.
    He does learn the teleport ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Revan is as close to god-like in the Star Wars Universe as you can pretty much get. His only comparison is Emperor Vitiate and Kuun with his amulet. In the entire star wars saga. Most of his powers come from events after KOTOR. Just wanted to add that.

As to Goku's speed which is exceptional. Revan can predict what Goku's going to be doing through the force so that really helps him there. Also don't underestimate his immense speed when augmented by both the light and dark side of the force. Stick his saber out where Goku is going to pop up to hit him for example in regard to his precognition.

Goku's pure strength is where the advantage is. AS powerful as Revan is, he was unable to handle a fully charged blast of force lightning from Vitiate in the books. Just a straight out brute force blast that had everything the other guy had in it. A blast the size of what Goku can dish out would be greater then that. His Force defenses cannot handle something like a galaxy ending explosion. It's just to much. Vitiate would even get fried by one.

Revan is cunning though. The ways I could see him winning is if he beat Goku's mind which is doubtful since Goku has so much will. Dominate his mind, mind trick him and cause him to hallucinate so he get in close for a cut. I really can't see that happening to Goku though so I'll have to give it to him as much as I love Revan. No Jedi or Sith can win compared with someone like DBZ characters in the later seasons. There powers are just generally much more toned down and subtle. The galaxy ending energy waves of DBZ characters are just to much.

Even if Revan somehow new the Sith ritual that was used to supernova a star at one point, that wouldn't even be enough to kill Goku and he himself would surely die.
    Well said, but I don't think Revan was really expecting Vitiate to be as powerful as he was. Nobody can match Vitiate in terms of raw power, and I'm fairly certain Revan would have pulled it off anyways if it weren't for the little incident with Meetra.

The thing about Revan is, we know what he can already do, but we don't know his limits. He's attuned to the force, in it's purest form. What all that empowers him to do is almost totally unknown, with the exception of that crazy force blast he did. Imagine how powerful it would have been if he could have actually focused or channeled it. We know the light and dark sides of the force are capable of absurd feats, such as the supernova and I believe there was even somebody that causes a black hole. Revan isn't bound to the light or dark anymore.

Though, if I'm going to be honest and push aside my Revan fanboyism, I highly doubt he'd win. He could probably completely stop time, and just use that to take over Goku's mind, charge up some insane universe destroying force blast, or even try using stasis on Goku. Not sure how effective that all would be though.
    Last edited by ghostkitteh; 2012-06-22 at 12:28 AM.