Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Spine 10M HC - How to do it with the nerf?

Hi,

We're currently progressing on Spine 10M HC yet we're having a few issues, we're using guides that didn't do it with the nerf so it's different.

The most problem we have is between plates we're a little confused as to what to do, currently we:
    • Kill all corruptions
    • Kill bloods while waiting for amalgmations
    • Stack up and roll
    • Kill last corruption and do as normal

We're looking for information on what to do, our current setup is:
    Holy Paladin
    Resto Druid
    Resto Shaman
    Survival Hunter
    2x Shadow Priest
    2x Assassination Rogue
    Blood DK
    Prot Warrior

Thanks for any info!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ass Rogues o.O I hope to god you mean Sub..
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Hope u mean sub rogue not ass, and still nice to have the hunter be bm since you have a lack of burst with the 2 shadowpriests. Thats where my usefulness here will go away since I just tunnel de-spell healing rain this fight and stuff dies.

Deleted
    Nope they're assassination, they refusing to go sub cos they don't know it.

10+ Year Old Account
    get them to respec sub, it's so much more effective

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexotic View Post
    Hope u mean sub rogue not ass, and still nice to have the hunter be bm since you have a lack of burst with the 2 shadowpriests. Thats where my usefulness here will go away since I just tunnel de-spell healing rain this fight and stuff dies.
    4pc bonus rotation is amazing burst... You have to reforge specifically for mastery, but it is really good burst. As for between plates, that is exactly what you are supposed to do. Try to get the amalgs nice and stacked with debuffs too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexotic View Post
    I hope you are kidding? Shadow Priests are like the best burst for the tendon.

As for OP, have fun playing with your rogues using the worst rogue spec available. Mut is only good for heroic Madness.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2012-06-21 at 08:43 PM.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    Just a question, why should they go subtlety? Is it just for the burst purposes? The tendons aren't an issue with damage/dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daredalus View Post
    Just a question, why should they go subtlety? Is it just for the burst purposes? The tendons aren't an issue with damage/dps.
    Mainly for burst, and they take a shitload less dmg compared to assas rogues. So if the raid dmg is hurting you, another reason sub is superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutzer View Post
    Mainly for burst, and they take a shitload less dmg compared to assas rogues. So if the raid dmg is hurting you, another reason sub is superior.
    If you have no tendon issues, he can stay assassination. Sub is VASTLY superior, however, and I suspect a badly played sub will outdo a well played ass. Sub doesn't take much less damage than ass on that fight, unless you pick a special spec, and ass normally gains 20% extra healing so it's mostly a wash. The reason for sub is the burst damage, and normally better sustained on the amalgs.

So, here's how we do it:

1)- We begin the fight by blowing up every corruption except for upper left. We then roll right.
    2)- We break the grip that happens instantly, and delay about 10 seconds before killing the final corruption. Don't delay if your dps is only so-so.
    3)- Once the amalag is running around, we damage it. We attempt to scoop at around 10 seconds before a grip, and often have to call dps off for a bit to prevent the amalg from dying early. In this way, the grip happens and is broken a bit before the explosion, and this allows us to have everyone at full attention during burn. That's less necessary for us nowadays, but it is important. Repeat for the second half of this (our top group can blow up the first tendon in 1, but that's not normally needed).
    4)- First plate down. We blow up all three corruptions, aiming for them to die at about the same time. We then roll right, trying to scoop, but trying not to hit 9 with any amalag. We blow some cooldowns here, healing and defensive.
    5)- Now, same thing, but with more bloods so it goes faster. Again, scoop when 10 seconds before grip, blow up grip, continue. Repeat for second half.
    6)- This section is very hard on healing. Normally many defensives are blown for the scoop-and-roll. The emphasis is on the roll, and trying not to eat extra bloods. Try to avoid 9 stacks if you can.
    7)- Now it's the same thing, but there's a damned ton of bloods. During the last half of this, your blood tank will be kiting, and your amalg tank will often pick up a few spare bloods that go to healers, often getting a couple stacks early.
    8)- On the FIRST time the plate comes up, I suggest everyone blow their dps potions. If this is a good attempt, you'll have nearly full uptime for this, and everyone should still be alive.
    9)- About 10 seconds after the final amalag pops, hero. This should help the healers, and there should be a truck ton of bloods lying around anyway, so it will help the dps for the amalag kill. If you are at 37% or better, consider not timing the final grip (but still break it). If your bloods are under control and the blood tank has some defensives still, then time the grip for a sure kill.
    10)- Do all the things to kill the last tendon. The blood tank should kite as many bloods as possible to the far end, and be willing to die for the cause if necessary, and new bloods should be pulled off of dps primarily and heals secondarily by the amalg tank if the blood tank can't (and he probably can't).
    Last edited by Verain; 2012-06-21 at 09:07 PM.

Deleted
    Btw this is our logs for this night: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/n5gzywpxf2piaf2v/

Thanks for that post Verain, that's pretty much what we do.
    Last edited by mmoc2b11b736c1; 2012-06-21 at 09:15 PM.

You shouldn't even need to kite at 25%, you can pretty much kill them as they spawn all the time. For the 3rd plate every melee is cleaving like crazy to get rid of them in my group, and last tuesday we simply had none up for last tendon exposition phase. Healers had no issue at all.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Note that killing them as they spawn creates aoe damage, which many healers find easier to heal through, but it is a lot of total damage, and the bloods come in quick on the 3rd platty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I hope you are kidding? Shadow Priests are like the best burst for the tendon.

As for OP, have fun playing with your rogues using the worst rogue spec available. Mut is only good for heroic Madness.
    Hardly. Fury warrior is amazing. I've never been beaten (1.7m DPS on one tendon no pot or lust is record, average is 1.4m)

My guild is stuck on this too, but from a few posters I think I have an idea what we could do to fix our strat, just kill every single blood as they come up with AoE cleaves. It's a bit more damage to AoE heal through but less tank damage later on which is nice. Gonna try it, I think we have it next week for sure! Here's what my 10 man heroic raid group looks like. . .

Protection Paladin - me
    Protection Paladin - Joe
    Combat Rogue - Sean
    Frost Deathknight - Mike
    Resto Druid - Brian
    Resto Shaman - Jason
    Disc Priest - Luis
    Beast Hunter - Alex
    Shadow Priest - Aaisha
    Destro Warlock - ??? don't know his name lol.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    My shadow does ~30% more damage on Burning Tendons than any other member of my raid...

Looks like your shadow has to manage the Corruption (kick the grip and kill it in time) and the Blood.

The damage on the Tendons is not his priority - so he uses Cunning and not Bottle, plays with 3357 Haste and only 1350 Mastery, doesn't use AA in this phase...

Pls don't rate a class on base of one player with other tasks.
    Last edited by Nianif; 2012-06-23 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Hardly. Fury warrior is amazing. I've never been beaten (1.7m DPS on one tendon no pot or lust is record, average is 1.4m)
    1.7 is about where everyone should be in the raid, I hit 2 million easily as combat rogue (no legendarys), our pallys break 2.5 depending on lucky crits.

To the OP, maybe I missed it but where exactly are you having problems? You said dmg on tendons wasn't a problem and thats the hardest part of the fight.
    Last edited by phenom568; 2012-06-22 at 03:42 PM.

Shadow priests are great burst ... not as high as a sub rogue or a fury warrior but i'm consistently in the top 3 as a shadow priest

Anyways make your rogues go sub or combat. Refusing to not play a superior spec on progression raiding is crippling.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think he means 1,7 per lift.

You can do heroic spine with just 3 tendon lifts these days if you have decent dps.

1st tendon dps burst potions and personal dps cooldowns.
    2nd tendon heroism/bloodlust/time warp.
    3rd tendon all dps cooldowns that are back up.

Did it this way a couple of weeks ago although we used 2 healers rather than our usual 3 and it was still very very close tp failing each time... We failed by less than 1% multiple times and when we killed a tendon it was normall with about 1 second to spare.