Recommendations for PS3?

Just to clarify right now; This isn't a begging thread in any shape or form.

Basically, in my house we've always used PS3's as blu-ray players, but recently we've gotten a PS3 slim for watching things on downstairs. Long story short, I now have a PS3 with a bunch of old games from when the console first launched, and some slightly newer ones. The games I have for the PS3 are:

• Little Big Planet
    • 007 Quantum of Solace
    • Tomb Raider Underworld
    • Red Dead Redemption
    • Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection
    • Tom Raider Trilogy
    • Resistance: Fall of Man
    • Infamous
    • Heavy Rain

I have an Xbox and I have most of the big sellers on that (Skyrim, Call of Duty, Assassins Creed, etc.) But I'm basically asking for people to recommend me the best PS3 exclusives there are but feel free to post any other games you think are worth trying on the Playstation as well!

Thanks in advance.

3D Dot Game Heroes - great little game like Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. Very entertaining! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoFYEtj2tDw
    The God of War series - action games that have very satisfying combat.
    Uncharted series - I know that not everybody is a fan of these, but with how cheap you can get the first game, it's worth a try
    Demon's Souls (and Dark Souls, even though you can get that one on Xbox as well) - challenging but rewarding RPG games. Two of my favorite games of all time.
    Metal Gear Solid series - one of the best series around, imo. You can't go wrong with these games.
    Last edited by Wynnyelle; 2012-06-07 at 03:21 PM.

Demon Souls and Gran Turismo 5, both are pretty cheap nowdays aswell. If you like japanese RPG games then get Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2. If you play them as RPG's and not Final Fantasy RPG's they are really good.

any particular genre?

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Valkyria Chronicles
    Disgaea 4
    Devil May Cry 4
    +you have access to the PS store which has awesome games like Final Fantasy Tactics, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, FF4, 5, 6, etc...
    you can browse through this thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...me-suggestions

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you already got Little Big Planet, and thats kind of the best game ever.... but I dunno what else to get you after Infamous.

I didn't like God of War that much.

Oh, Metal Gear Solid 4! If you're a fan of Metal Gear games you should get that! The cutscenes are really really long, but I think its fun and has a nice story. If you can get it for 10 bucks or so, I'd say get that for sure.

If you haven't already, I'd really say go and try out PS+ too. It has a ton of really good free games at the moment, and personally, I really like getting a new game every week or two at random. It spices it up for me and gives me something to do. Although, not many people like that, so its up to you.

I wrote an essay, whoops

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncharted is pretty good.
    try the ico & shadow of the colossus pack in hd.
    god of war... (u have 5 games in ps3)
    Last edited by shimargh; 2012-06-07 at 03:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

Uncharted series simply can't be missed.

God of War is the same.

Thanks for the recommends. And I'l be sure to check through that other thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    The original Demon's Souls is incredible (like wynnyelle said), if that's your thing. 3D dot game heroes is cheap now, and a must-have imo.

Aside from that, God of War is fun (though lacking significant depth in the story department), LAIR is much much better since they patched in analog flight controls rather than relying on sixaxis (and probably in the $5 bin at gamestop), White Knight Chronicles 1&2, Valkyria Chronicles, Killzone 2 if you like shooters (the harder difficulties provide a step-up in challenge over that of BF3, MW3 and the like), ICO and SotC collection, MGS4, Disgaea (any of them), and inFamous 1&2.

I've completed most of these games, and most of them are reasonably priced. There are several exclusive JRPG games that I didn't mention, as well as a few Harvest Moon games that are worth playing. I do spend most of my time playing my Xbox, but the exclusives mentioned (and the Bluray player) make owning a PS3 worth it IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Andry View Post
    Well you already got Little Big Planet, and thats kind of the best game ever.... but I dunno what else to get you after Infamous.

I didn't like God of War that much.

Oh, Metal Gear Solid 4! If you're a fan of Metal Gear games you should get that! The cutscenes are really really long, but I think its fun and has a nice story. If you can get it for 10 bucks or so, I'd say get that for sure.

If you haven't already, I'd really say go and try out PS+ too. It has a ton of really good free games at the moment, and personally, I really like getting a new game every week or two at random. It spices it up for me and gives me something to do. Although, not many people like that, so its up to you.

I wrote an essay, whoops
    Yeah, Playstation Plus is so worth it, it isn't even funny right now. 50 bucks for a year, and you can have 3-4 times your money worth of content on day one. LBP2, Infamous 2, Warhammer 40k Space Marine, Tomb Raider Last Guardian (or whatever), Just Cause 2, etc., etc. all full games free. Plus a shitload of discounts and other free games, trials of full games (infamous 2 had the free trial within the first couple months that it was out) and sometimes exclusive content, including beta tests of certain games.

Besides that, I would suggest just going on PSN and poking around, honestly, some of the most fun I've had on my ps3 came from some of the online exclusives.

Metal Gear Solid: 4
    Mod Nation Racers
    Uncharted series

A few good exclusives I didn't see on your list, with MGS being my favorite game of all time.