Witch Doctor Help!

ok so i am having some problems here. i hit level 60 and got a new weapon that does 700+ weap dmg and a bunch of other stats including life leech.. But my problem is i am dying.. A LOT.. i am currently Zomb Bear spec... when i am grinding i am using Gargant and fetish army along with spirit walk and soul harvest with a Health return on it. My hp is around 8k and my mana around 750mana. But i die... a lot.. i thought i needed more Vit but people are teliing me i am not supposed to get any more vit but just slam int down on it... but i am not making it lol.. any one have any way to help me out... thanks

get more vit. 8k hp? only if you have 70k+ damage without soul harvest.

Use a splinters/grasp build. Bears is a suicide spec in anything other than act 1 inferno.
    <Decidedly Uncouth> Horde Mal'Ganis

I am using a splinters/grasp build with zombie wall, mass confusion, spirit walk and fetish army. Great survivabilty, dmg and kiting skills. Once you hit the end of hell stop using pets all together - they just get dropped. Once you reach the end of hell, get rid of all skills that require you to be in melee range, it will get you killed(I like MC tho cause it is a phenom oh shit button plus the mobs that come along with packs can do some serious dmg to elites while confused).

I don't think the WD can really afford to go as all-out glass canon as DH or Wizard. Especially true if you're using Zombie Bears which requires getting up close and personal with the mobs. Unless you overgear the content, I wouldn't suggest using Zombie Bears in Inferno at all.

Yeah, as all the posters said above, get use to darts and lots of CC. Get your damage and health up. You can easily clear Act 1 with only 15-18K dps, but you'll need around 20-25K health to make it a comfortable trip.

what is a splinters grasp build exactly? can someone link me a build i can look at tand then maybe make my own changes depending on my specific game play style?

I cant get to the calc right now to make my build cause I am at work however...
    LC-Splinters
    RC-Grasp of the Dead / Unbreakable Rune
    1- Mass confusion / duration reduc
    2- Spirit Walk / mana rune (until your gear permits, then duration rune is sweet)
    3- Zombie wall / double width rune
    4- Fetish Army / headhunter rune (they make for some great tanks when people get near)

I use pierce the veil/blood ritual/soul vessel for passives

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    I don't think the WD can really afford to go as all-out glass canon as DH or Wizard. Especially true if you're using Zombie Bears which requires getting up close and personal with the mobs. Unless you overgear the content, I wouldn't suggest using Zombie Bears in Inferno at all.
    Witch doctors can build even more glass cannon than wizards because of our passive spirit vessel. I completed act 3-4 inferno with 23k health and 200 resists. I did have 55k dmg because I farmed a crapton before doing the two acts. Though if you're not good at kiting then you should build a little defensive stats, even though 10k health and a certain amount of resists wont stop you from getting 1 shot.

Splinters is a glyph for poison dart and grasp is grasp of the dead, a nice aoe slow. Use these two abilities as your core for a build along with spirit walk, the other three skills are more preference based. I use hex/haunt/horrify or soul harvest as my other three abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonic View Post
    Yeah, as all the posters said above, get use to darts and lots of CC. Get your damage and health up. You can easily clear Act 1 with only 15-18K dps, but you'll need around 20-25K health to make it a comfortable trip.
    I finished Act 1 with 12k DPS and like 16k hps, but it was pretty painful. With 16k dps and 20k hps, I found my Warden/Butcher farms quick and easy. So much so that I would put on MF gear that dropped myself down to 12k-ish DPS for everything up to the Butcher.

But it was difficult to kill the Butcher with a 12k DPS Splinters build. Had to switch to Zombie Bears for my initial kill. And on farming runs I'd have to switch to 16k-ish worth of DPS gear to kill him comfortably with Splinters.