Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingHollowVeteran View Post
    I'm pretty sure it would be eu.blizzard.com/support (or us.blizzard.com/support).
    http://us.battle.net/support/en/ actually, just checked.

But We have to respect the Developers wishes for their how they want their Intellectual Property to be ran as it is their game.
    this clear distinction between the IP holders (Activision/Blizzard) and the CS rep could be taken to suggest that customer service is outsourced to a (possibly foreign) company which would also explain the capitalization issues and slang.

it's not uncommon to hire additional CS staff (from, external providers) around a game release to deal with the additional flood of tickets.

First of all, this is NOT A TROLL.

Second of all THIS IS NOT A FAKE.

Third, you guys are as bad if not worse than the official forums. I wanted to know if anyone else had this problem and I got called a liar right off the bat. I posted screenshots with only my name removed, and still get called a liar and a troll. You should be ashamed of yourself, but I know that wont happen thanks to John Gabriel's Theorem.

But We have to respect the Developers wishes for their how they want their Intellectual Property to be ran as it is their game.
    this clear distinction between the IP holders (Activision/Blizzard) and the CS rep could be taken to suggest that customer service is outsourced to a (possibly foreign) company which would also explain the capitalization issues and slang.

it's not uncommon to hire additional CS staff (from external providers) around a game release to deal with the additional flood of tickets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Already reported many times and already ignored by Blizzard. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5235705768

Basically, craft the staff at your own risk.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Who the f**k cares about some grammar issues when he makes himself well understood and not just pressing some perfect responce macro, while players ingame write sentences like they are mentally handicapped.

It's pretty obvious why it is as it is.
    Until the developers have come to a conclusion about the issue, the GMs can't do anything. How is this is any way, shape or form confusing?

Biting the hand that feeds you as much as it can.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    LoL so your mad because you threw your SoH on the ground without realizing it and you want to blame blizz. LoL. OOOOKKKKKKKKKKkkKKkkKKk.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post

Third, you guys are as bad if not worse than the official forums. I wanted to know if anyone else had this problem and I got called a liar right off the bat. I posted screenshots with only my name removed, and still get called a liar and a troll. You should be ashamed of yourself, but I know that wont happen thanks to John Gabriel's Theorem.
    Hey, at least Blizzard has a succesful case. Instead of responding with the regular scripted lines, they send you a real person to communicate with! And when he fucks up, no one believes it's Blizzard! It's brilliant I say!.

Really though. I just can't wrap my mind around the enormous amount of errors in that so-called Blizzard response.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Who the f**k cares about some grammar issues when he makes himself well understood and not just pressing some perfect responce macro, while players ingame write sentences like they are mentally handicapped.

It's pretty obvious why it is as it is.
    Until the developers have come to a conclusion about the issue, the GMs can't do anything. How is this is any way, shape or form confusing?

Biting the hand that feeds you as much as it can.
    Absolutely true as I stated before. The message it brings forth is actually quite correct. Not offensive, just realistic. But that's the thing, realism hurts people in their tiny fragile little hearts
    Last edited by Vespian; 2012-06-07 at 09:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Agreed, he either would have not followed etiquette, or shouldn't have the job if he seriously cannot write with correct punctuation and such. It felt like reading a paper from a 6th grader.
    I personally have never seen a responce of this kind from any Blizzard employee, ever. It is really weird that someone like this got hired, when the person does not even follow standard protocol.

Probably if this news is heard by Blizzard, they probably will give the employee a warning. They take costumer relations very seriously, so something like this would not be acceptable by them, really.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I've been perusing the Diablo 3 Bug Forums for a while now, mainly helping the people who got hacked and stripped of gear.

THERE IS CURRENTLY A BUG CAUSING STAFF OF HERDING TO DISAPPEAR. THIS IS NOT FAKE.

Unless, of course, there are literally hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of people trying to fake it.

40% of the Bug Forum threads are "My Staff Disappeared after I used it!"
    40% of the Bug Forum threads are "All my gear and gold is gone!" (obviously, they got hacked)
    the last 20% is actual bugs and problems.

Notably, Blizzard's response is the same. Bug or not, they cant restore anything.
    Blizzard can't restore a single item but they can restore a complete account to a previous state because that's what they do with all the accounts that got "hacked". All progress with all characters including quests, items, gold, auctions and achievements will be back to when they saved the data the last time.

The bug is real and it seems that it isn't just the staff of herding that disappears (heard that some inferno ones are missing) but also other things that are put into the stash and people think that it could be related with the AH as there was a bug where your items would disappear if you hover over them in the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    The way I see it, Blizzard says there's an issue with the staff itself, and that's why they're holding on to restoring it for you, until the issue has been resolved.

Question to you MMO-Champion posters: Why would anyone fake this? What could be gained from faking something like this?
    attention : P and to bloat the problem out of proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    I personally have never seen a responce of this kind from any Blizzard employee, ever. It is really weird that someone like this got hired, when the person does not even follow standard protocol.

Probably if this news is heard by Blizzard, they probably will give the employee a warning. They take costumer relations very seriously, so something like this would not be acceptable by them, really.
    I have, ingame. It's when GMs, like us, start typing quickly and doesn't really care about being Perfect™
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account

People have good reasons to be sceptical, so don't come here and tell us to believe something we know next to nothing about.

Deleted
    Just to make a quick point here. Several times before I've been met with support staff who don't speak English as a native language. Most are French/Scandinavian that I personally have encountered this with.
    At one point, I requested to have a few character services re-done (I didn't want a refund, I just wanted to go back to how things were) - I was told by one of the support staff it could be done. When I asked why it hadn't, I was met by the lead of the EU support staff who claimed that the agent had misunderstood me as English was not his native language, but because it had been promised to me he would do it even if it went against protocol (Why risk losing a subscriber if they're doing something that doesn't actually lose them any money?)

I suppose what I'm trying to say here is - although the language in the OP's post and subsequent responses looks fake, it may not be.
    You, OP, have to understand that they're not refusing to do it out of badness. They're just telling you they can't use a feature that doesn't exist. Imagine trying to drive a car conventionally with no accelerator. It just simply can't be done - not because they don't want to, but because they don't have the ability.

Guess what, the content of the response, the formatting, the whole thing looks sketchy as hell. so yeah, we doubt the authenticity of the response. Attacking the doubters won't bring them around to believing you, if you honestly got a response this crappily put together, I'd say you need to submit some Feedback for this guy.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I lost a 1.5M wizard source while doing a magic find swap. My magic find item went from my inventory into my offhand, and my offhand went from my offhand slot to...well...nowhere.

I received the same type of response. Blah blah, nothing can be done about item losses due to bugs/glitches.

They did mention that if I thought I earned an achievement but didn't receive credit, I should go back and fulfill the requirements again and again until I get credit.

I thought that was a nice little "F U" when my ticket had nothing to do with achievements....

I believe you, GM's are people too. They are not machines created by Blizzard with impeccable grammar and spelling. What I'm saying is: 2 hours is nothing. Nothing. I don't know how old you are but as you rack up years things that seemed to take forever when you were younger pass by in the blink of an eye. 2 hours isn't even worthy of sympathy. Go farm it again when they fix the bug, or go with someone else.
    "And what's the real lesson? Don't leave food in the fridge."
    -Spike Spiegel

10+ Year Old Account
    I have, ingame. It's when GMs, like us, start typing quickly and doesn't really care about being Perfect™
    Well, I have seen such as well, but what I meant is the opening responce GMs give when starting a conversation. It is supposed to be formal and the responce the OP got was not like that in the slightest. The time GMs stop with the formalities are when the conversation has been going on for a bit. I once joked a bit with a GM I talked to in-game and it was a bit fun, actually.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2012-06-07 at 09:32 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    In-game is different than having time to type out a professional response. IDC if they use internet lingo when talking to me, but if your thought-out response sounds like a 6th grader, that's pretty damn unprofessional. I could ask a freshman in high school to write a more formal apology.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Already reported many times and already ignored by Blizzard. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5235705768
    You do know there are several replies by a "blue" in the thread you linked right? Not what I would call ignoring, even tho apparently he misunderstood what the complaints were about.

Could they have given an update in that thread, yea sure they should have even if they have nothing new to say. But it's not being ignored.
    Last edited by Amorac; 2012-06-07 at 09:35 PM.
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~
    ~Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for.~