New to warrior, tried in beta, fall in love, have a questions...

So since WotLK DK is my main. Loved unholy, loved frost, loved soloing in blood. I was messing with classes in beta (god bless 85 lvl templates), was checking mages and warlocks then i decide try warrior before logout for few moments.

So I just log in, set FEW abilities in action bar, did not even bother with talents or gems and I start killing monkeys in first zone... And I could not stop. It was so fun charging to the mob, bashing him with huge axe and execute for over 140k crit :O
    And I realize I miss so much huge numbers on my DK. Maybe this sound childish but I just could not stop trying get big execute crits with Colossus Smash before Execute (kinda hard with 12% crit ). Also always wanting tank with shield (off spec). Logged off 1h later and only because going to job.

So I wonder now, is warrior the hardest hitting melee class (not talking about dps) and will always be? Do you think the numbers from execute are just unbalanced yet (140-150k at 85 lvl with 378 ilvl gear looks a bit high) or will stay that high or even higher at 90 due huge hp pools?
    Is tanking with warrior harder/easier than with blood DK or just different?

I still cant decide, switch main or not. Two years (or even more) playing on DK, so many good memories (Shadowmourne, good time with guild in ICC, frostwyrm, over 9k achievements etc) on one side and the fun with charge, huge crits and rage on the other side.

Any suggestions?

As GC himself said, SMF Warrior will have the best Execute in the game, so I think we will have good numbers even at 90

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing you can have alts in this game. Why not make a warrior alt, and play him till Mists pre patch drops, than you have more time to know if you really like it or if it's just a spring fling

The problem is, I dont have time for alts (crazy time in job).

10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors have had a pretty good run as far as the PvE side of things go this expansion. Besides, you know, Fury getting shafted.

I feel like Warriors are always going to be doing pretty good DPS, but am a pessimist when it comes to their state in PvP.

I used to play a warlock for a while, then my main switched to my warrior, I like it better myself. The execute is nice but you have to realize where we are coming from, while a lot of EX warriors are pretty pessimistic about warriors on MoP I think we will just be fine. Execute though in cataclysim was a relatively sad ability in MoP they are returning to what it used to be.

If you have played a DK for a while you will love playing a warrior they are basically hit harder but die faster. So if you make the switch expect your survivability to take a hit, we have always been in the position of doing as much damage and killing the other person before they kill us.

There is a ton of information online about warriors you can check out and if you decide to make one you will probably find PvP a bit more fun, I have always said to people, that PvP is made for melee and casters are just along for the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Anbraxas View Post
    I used to play a warlock for a while, then my main switched to my warrior, I like it better myself. The execute is nice but you have to realize where we are coming from, while a lot of EX warriors are pretty pessimistic about warriors on MoP I think we will just be fine. Execute though in cataclysim was a relatively sad ability in MoP they are returning to what it used to be.

If you have played a DK for a while you will love playing a warrior they are basically hit harder but die faster. So if you make the switch expect your survivability to take a hit, we have always been in the position of doing as much damage and killing the other person before they kill us.

There is a ton of information online about warriors you can check out and if you decide to make one you will probably find PvP a bit more fun, I have always said to people, that PvP is made for melee and casters are just along for the ride.
    HEy you the guy who makes the fury MoP vids? Great vids if it is you, good to see some beta movies that arnt about arms(even though i love arms) Also do we know why SMF is going to have the best exxecute? like what talent does it, also, does this mea its damage is going to be crap outside of execute? I was wanting to race change to male worgen and go SMF, they have great animations for 2x 1h axes, and i think worgens and the concept of the fury warrior go well together.

And yes i have seen your smf vs tg vid(if it is you) and maybe the numbers will be altered?

Deleted
    PvP is made for casters and melee are just along for the ride (carrying your flags and distracting enemy casters), just correcting what I'm sure was just a writing typo in the previous post.

To the OP, if you are going to make it for PvE, welcome aboard. If you are doing it for pvp... is better that you abandon your hopes of being the hardest hitting melee. CS doesnt do the same on pvp than in pve, and players contrary to mobs don't like staying in one place with their back turned to you. What can't be reached can't be hitted. You will get more used to spam hamstring than executes.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2012-06-08 at 10:07 PM.

I forgot to say Im talking only about PvE.