Poll: Friendly fire or no?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    It adds realism, which is why you play the game anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    It adds realism, which is why you play the game anyway
    If that were true, you would only get one life.

Deleted
    Only if the friendly fire isn't detrimental to a team effort. In games such as CoD, absolutely not. Mainly because of some of the people that play that particular franchise, along with most FPS. As someone else stated, it works in some games (such as magicka!).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Unify View Post
    Only if the friendly fire isn't detrimental to a team effort. In games such as CoD, absolutely not. Mainly because of some of the people that play that particular franchise, along with most FPS. As someone else stated, it works in some games (such as magicka!).
    Ahh, Vortex. Many laughs and swears were had at its usage in Magicka.

Friendly Fire with close friends can be highly amusing in my opinion. As Ms Andry said: Sometimes, your friends need a shotgun to the face.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

While I think it would add an interesting aspect to the game, griefers would abuse the shit out of it.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    No.

While I think it would add an interesting aspect to the game, griefers would abuse the shit out of it.

Add intern tresholds for dmg done to own team, liek in planetside,

you get over that treshold certain things happen in this order:

higher respawn time

restricted acess

short time bann

longer bann

perma bann

did work quite well in planetside

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but with a system thyat punishes people wo do it to grief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    In organized, competitive things, yes.

In a basic PUG with anonymous strangers, hell no.
    Yeah this is where i'll accept FF when your in an organized group with people you know and are serious about playing and not going to be like "LOLOLOLOLOLOL SHOTGUN IN THE BACK LOLOLOL GRENADE IN THE FACE LOLOLOL"
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it, Weeds out the noobs that just sprays at everything they see even if it's a teammate.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I prefer Friendly Fire as you need to think twice before spraying and getting random kills.

Only if you have the option to avoid Friendly Fire, and Friendly Fire is a complete and total opposite gameplay mode. As much depth and skill and awareness it adds to a game, it's not fun in a random game you join (Using L4D as reference). Not everyone will grief in Left 4 Dead, but you always get shot, always. It may be a stray bullet, but getting hit for 10 of your health from a stray pistol shot is ANNOYING. It's FRUSTRATING, and most definitely not FUN. The only possible way you could make me enjoy a game of L4D again is on the easy difficulty, I've given up all hope in having any kind of higher difficulty fun alone.

Quote Originally Posted by ara View Post
    like Magicka, I say hell yes. Accidentally blowing half your team up was one of the best parts of that game.
    "Whatever happens, DO NOT CROSS THE BEAMS!!!"
    "I'm a beaver in a hole, if you don't know what that is then I feel sorry for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    If that were true, you would only get one life.
    Most good gamers would prefer that. Just like with anything though, the bads would QQ over something like that.

I love shooting my own teammates in multiplayer games when i get bored! It makes the game interesting!

10+ Year Old Account
    Friendly Fire in co-op games? Yes. It makes it more fun and interesting.

Friendly Fire in competitive multiplayer? Depends. Faster paced FPS games (such as CoD) friendly fire would be more of an annoyance. Slower paced FPS games (such as Halo) Yes friendly fire works because you don't constantly have teammates running in front of you, and your misplaced grenade or bullet could hurt you and your team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gold pumpkin View Post
    I love shooting my own teammates in multiplayer games when i get bored! It makes the game interesting!
    Not sure how shooting your own teammates makes the game interesting. It may for you when you're bored but other people might be trying to have fun and actually play the game the way it was meant to be played. This is what i don't understand why shoot your own teammates? Go into deathmatch if you just want to shoot people and if you're really that bored go do something else, don't ruin other people's fun.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Most good gamers would prefer that. Just like with anything though, the bads would QQ over something like that.
    Making generalized statements about a giant community makes you look less then intelligent.
    OT: I love friendly fire in games. Yeah, it sucks when you get the griefers, but even if there isn't FF they'll figure out a way to make everyone miserable.

I think it is a fun thing if you can turn it on and off, just so you can have fun with your friends while you slaugther them for what they've done in the past. That always gives a good laugh... right?...

Anyways, if you can't turn it off it shouldn't be there, simple as that.