Misers and scammers

Apparently there is a bunch of really 'thrifting' individuals which bougt cheap Diablo 3 keys from some shady sites, and these keys turned up do be for a Russian region, allowing only Russian client language to be used. Now they are complaining, and, the funniest part, blaming Blizzard.

I would never thought that Europe has so many proverbial misers who would risk the entire purchase for negligent spare...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's sad but given the whole shady third party Diablo 2 scene I'm not surprised. The Diablo player base isn't known for its maturity (they're not called the battle.net kiddies for nothing). They got scammed because they wanted a cheap deal, their own fault. Maybe they learn something from this. Blaming Blizzard won't get them anywhere fast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Apparently there is a bunch of really 'thrifting' individuals which bougt cheap Diablo 3 keys from some shady sites, and these keys turned up do be for a Russian region, allowing only Russian client language to be used. Now they are complaining, and, the funniest part, blaming Blizzard.

I would never thought that Europe has so many proverbial misers who would risk the entire purchase for negligent spare...
    I think it's strange to call people misers and scammers when all they did was trying to save money or "maximizing their profit" when apparently companies are expected to do the same and are usually applauded for being good at it.

For the issue at hand there is actually a blue post stating that you can play on EU servers in English with the Russian version:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4209821334
    I have a quick question for the devs (probably). Will I be able to play English localized Diablo 3 on EU servers with a Russian key?

Lurdlespor - Blizzard Employee:

Yes this should be possible, you should be able to choose your language normally once the Russian version is released.
    And from what I've read it has indeed been possible to do just that for some time but has been switched off by now.
    So to me it more sounds like a "bait and switch" on Blizzards side and thus I can understand people are complaining.
    Last edited by mmoc1a2258818d; 2012-06-08 at 09:22 AM.